Jerac

Angelic Inquisitor

52180023374_06052e75c2_o.png

cr5iK9N.png

Ever since I completed the Countess of the Capital of Hell, I wanted to build an angelic counterpart, with a notably contrasting design. Where the Countess was slender and slim, the Angel was supposed to be muscular and powerful. I had no idea for the wings and the armor was even worse, as it had to be shiny - but I had not much shiny pieces available. There was some metallic silver and gold pieces on the market, and of course pearl gold, but while pearl gold looks alright in accents, it doesn't look good in larger surfaces. 

The project would be probably permanently on hold, but LEGO has released one of my all time favourite sets: the Infinity Gauntlet.
An excellent and varied source of metallic gold pieces, perfect item to be reforged into an angelic armor!

Once I had this idea the actual build took just about one week, plus some tweaking later with help of my fellow Zbudujmy.To friends who helped me with few issues regarding proportions. Wings are shamelessly stolen from Dees, a great builder known for his Angel of Regression, with minimal tweaking as I had more limited piece pool. 

I could not decide which halo/sword variant is the best, so I include both now and let you decide! ^^

52182328906_fba93ea42c_h.jpg52178747647_58bd2827b3_h.jpg

6em8sHp.pngY5if9Ky.png

52179783211_851da087e8_h.jpg

XUQavkw.png

Interesting concept! An bulky and ominous angel is something else. :pir-cry_happy: Wings are very beautiful and that sword hilt is :thumbup:. The iridescent sword and halo(?) version really sell the look for me personally. But the regular halo is a cool parts usage, I didn't know the spiral stick could bend that much!

1 hour ago, ExeSandbox said:

Interesting concept! An bulky and ominous angel is something else. :pir-cry_happy: Wings are very beautiful and that sword hilt is :thumbup:. The iridescent sword and halo(?) version really sell the look for me personally. But the regular halo is a cool parts usage, I didn't know the spiral stick could bend that much!

Thanks! It does bend, a bit more than a flex and a bit less than an axle. However: you need to be careful because if you overbend it, it will get permanently damaged at the injection points. Considering those firepole pieces are not particularly rare nor expensive, I did not have a problem with that, though ;)

*huh* Those WINGS!!

This is art, as is the Countess...who is terrifying!  Great MOC.

Edited by lowlead

Getting huge Diablo vibes from this MOC, I love it. The wings are amazing and the armor is so detailed as well. Amazing design! :thumbup:

Edited by Mister_Loki

On 7/2/2022 at 1:06 AM, lowlead said:

*huh* Those WINGS!!

This is art, as is the Countess...who is terrifying!  Great MOC.

On 7/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, Mister_Loki said:

Getting huge Diablo vibes from this MOC, I love it. The wings are amazing and the armor is so detailed as well. Amazing design! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! :D

On 7/2/2022 at 6:29 AM, natesroom said:

Not a fan of the black face but i like everything else!

I suck at making faces so I cheated a bit this time ^^

42 minutes ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Extremely cool. How much articulation is there, and how stable is it?

Not much, to be honest. I intend to improve it when I make intstructions, but it will never be a playset, at best a slightly poseable static figure. The constant struggle I have when building large figures is hiding the joints. There always seem to be some unsightly gaps which I can't deal with properly, so considering those models spend 99% of their time standing behind glass, going for the looks seem to be the better way to go.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:29 AM, natesroom said:

Not a fan of the black face but i like everything else!

Well i like the blank face just not black.

52 minutes ago, natesroom said:

Well i like the blank face just not black.

That's interesting! Black one makes it look like it was hidden in shadow, which is at least a bit believable. How to make it any other color without looking like a statue?

not sure... It just doesnt look as angelic. not sure the size of the area but maybe going from top to bottom from black to dark grey, medium, then light grey or something so it looks like shadow??

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

not sure... It just doesnt look as angelic. not sure the size of the area but maybe going from top to bottom from black to dark grey, medium, then light grey or something so it looks like shadow??

Diablo 3 : Epic Angel Epicness - Tyrael's Sacrifice [HD] [BGTV] - YouTube

That was one of the inspirations. 

16 hours ago, Jerac said:

Well done for your creations! When i saw it, my mind went exactly to this Diablo II NPC!

You did amazing work!

A very interesting looking figure! Everything looks so well put together, the overall look flows really well!

A incredible MOC and deserved frontpage!

Thanks! ^^

6 hours ago, _TLG_ said:

Awesome build, really cool!

On 7/5/2022 at 4:05 PM, Gray Gear said:

A very interesting looking figure! Everything looks so well put together, the overall look flows really well!

A incredible MOC and deserved frontpage!

On 7/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, Patgeo said:

Well done for your creations! When i saw it, my mind went exactly to this Diablo II NPC!

You did amazing work!

On 7/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, Jerac said:

I knew i recognized it from somewhere, you did an amazing job on this and I now wish for lego to make a set out of it!

On 8/3/2022 at 11:48 AM, 1Ruben said:

I knew i recognized it from somewhere, you did an amazing job on this and I now wish for lego to make a set out of it!

I plan to make instructions, and in fact I have ordered few pieces I need to solve some of the stability issues. 

Eventually™

12 hours ago, Jerac said:

I plan to make instructions, and in fact I have ordered few pieces I need to solve some of the stability issues. 

Eventually™

I would pay for those as would many others I think!

Unbelievable. When it doesn't even look like Lego then you know you've gone beyond master builder to some sort of omnipotent-tier creator. One of those truly jaw dropping builds. Incredible.

The hood and pauldron combo reminds me of an infamous piece of Roblox headgear lol, stunning part spam though and usage of gold pieces.