Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Boy4

[M4-22 - Alphabet Fighter] DB-2 C-Wing Starfighter

This is my twelfth entry for the May the 4th Contest

The DB-2 C-Wing Starfighter is named for its shape that resembled the High Galactic script's character "C". It is equipped with a class 1 hyperdrive, 2 laser cannons, shields, 4 engines and 2 rotating cockpits. It can rotate one cockpit around the outer to create a ring of laser beams eliminating lots of enemy fighters at once. It is used by the Rebel Alliance. It has a crew of 2 pilots. This Model is 28 studs long, 25 studs wide, 8 studs tall, has a retractable landing gear display stand and 2 ladders. And if you rotate the engine with the orange stripe both cockpits will rotate (this ship dose not exist in the Star Wars universe).

CWing.gif

CWing.jpg

CWing-Back2.jpg

CWing-Back.jpg

CWing-Left.jpg

CWingH.jpg

CWing-HBack.jpg

CWing-Land.jpg

CWing-Land-Right.jpg

CWing-Land-Back.jpg

CWing-Land-Left.jpg

CWing-Land-Front.jpg

CWing-Land-Ladder-Minifigs.jpg

CWing-Land-Ladder.jpg

Edited by Danny_Boy4

This is your best one by far. Very nice greebling, and it's cool that you got that function hidden in. You also captured the C shape well. The one thing I would say is that it doesn't really feel like a rebel fighter with the dual cockpits and whatnot. Mostly just a nitpick though, it's still a solid design.

11 hours ago, CrappyMocMaker said:

Nice! Did you use universal joints to get the cockpits to rotate in unison?

Yes I did.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is your best one by far. Very nice greebling, and it's cool that you got that function hidden in. You also captured the C shape well. The one thing I would say is that it doesn't really feel like a rebel fighter with the dual cockpits and whatnot. Mostly just a nitpick though, it's still a solid design.

Thanks. Most alphabet starfigters are rebel and I didn't know who else to give it to.

Good job executing an original design with that function! the double cockpits almost makes me feel like it's a cloud car turned star fighter