Wurger49

[WIP] [MOD] Pirate Ship Minotaur, 2 x Super Mario Bowser's Airship 71391

I wanted to build a bigger pirate ship from the Bowser's Airship 71391 the moment it was announced, other expenses occurred and that was put on the back burner. However, when Australian Kmart put them on clearance at $69 AUD each, I had to jump and bought 2 sets for me, 1 set for my boy. 

I am still working on the different arrangements of the sails and decks, I think the hull, forecastle and aftcastle is pretty much done. 

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!

52178200836_d1dd01b778_c.jpgPirate Ship Minotaur, 2 x Super Mario Bowser's Airship 71391 by Richard Yao, on Flickr

52177172282_fc5655fe3b_c.jpgPirate Ship Minotaur, 2 x Super Mario Bowser's Airship 71391 by Richard Yao, on Flickr

52178200756_3b3826c37c_c.jpgPirate Ship Minotaur, 2 x Super Mario Bowser's Airship 71391 by Richard Yao, on Flickr

Wonderful, I’ve been hoping someone would do this. I’d like to do it myself but there are choices to be made.

2 hours ago, natesroom said:

ooooo im gonna have to keep my out on this! Can't wait to get my hands on two of these.

1 hour ago, icm said:

Wonderful, I’ve been hoping someone would do this. I’d like to do it myself but there are choices to be made.

thank you guys, the clearance prices really helped!

Hi @Mister PhesI realised I posted didn't post this in the MOC subforum, can you please change?

Thank you

That Medium Nougat hull looks actually pretty good, and I like the rest of the colours you used on the stern.

While this is work-in-progress, have you played with idea of adding one... or two extra Middle hull parts to give it more serious Galleon look?

Either way, fine progress so far :pir-thumb:

10 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

That Medium Nougat hull looks actually pretty good, and I like the rest of the colours you used on the stern.

While this is work-in-progress, have you played with idea of adding one... or two extra Middle hull parts to give it more serious Galleon look?

Either way, fine progress so far :pir-thumb:

Thank you, I have used up all the hull parts from the 2 sets, except for one bow piece. I think I stretched out the hull length as much as I could using the pieces from the official set.

10 hours ago, SerenityInFire said:

That ship looks amazing.  Does it have an interior?

Thank you, no interior, just a shell. 

It's fabulous! Love the idea. The proportions, colour, and rear look awesome.

I wonder if it might be better if the bowsprit and figurehead was a little higher? Continuing the line of the top of the bow, rather than dipping down?

Looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Great use of the airship parts to create a viable ship. The cannon port coverings are menacing, and Bowser's head makes a great display figurehead.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:08 AM, Wurger49 said:

I think I stretched out the hull length as much as I could using the pieces from the official set.

For some reason I thought you had more hull pieces at your disposal... now looking at the original picture I see you are right, you have used it all, and man... it looks way better than original. Great work!

On 6/29/2022 at 11:32 AM, RichardGoring said:

It's fabulous! Love the idea. The proportions, colour, and rear look awesome.

I wonder if it might be better if the bowsprit and figurehead was a little higher? Continuing the line of the top of the bow, rather than dipping down?

Looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Thank you, the top of the bow is the forecastle, well, pretend to be as it's hollow inside, the bowsprit is sitting on the beak. I am trying to change the figurehead, but don't think I still design a better one than bowser's head, I don't want to use the turtle blue wizard.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:32 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Great use of the airship parts to create a viable ship. The cannon port coverings are menacing, and Bowser's head makes a great display figurehead.

thank you! the green and the printed tiles look great

9 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

This looks fabulous! :pir-love:

thank you!

7 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

For some reason I thought you had more hull pieces at your disposal... now looking at the original picture I see you are right, you have used it all, and man... it looks way better than original. Great work!

thank you, I am working to lengthen the beak of the ship at the moment. 

Fantastic WIP. Looking forward to seeing more of it's progress.

18 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

Thank you, the top of the bow is the forecastle, well, pretend to be as it's hollow inside, the bowsprit is sitting on the beak. I am trying to change the figurehead, but don't think I still design a better one than bowser's head, I don't want to use the turtle blue wizard.

Ha ha! My lack of ship anatomy clearly shows, but yes, that's the point. Trying to raise up that front part so it's all lined up and continuous.

It really does look very good.