Sign in to follow this  
OccamsRazor

[MOC] Adventurers Tribute - The Temple of Hotep (action vignette)

There was a contest at my local lego store to build a 16x16 MOC to reflect a lego theme. I chose to build a tribute to my favorite theme, Adventurers.

In this vignette, Baron von Barron flies to Egypt to steal the Re-Gou Ruby. Thanks to Pharoah Hotep's curse, the Baron crashes his plane right outside the temple. The Baron is undeterred and is about to enter the tomb, but Johnny Thunder arrives to save the day!

Sorry for the shitty photo quality below - Eurobricks only allows 71kb image uploads (which is so 2000's lol). Better resolution pictures (and more angles) can be found on my insta post here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfOQ2W_pO2-/

templeofhotep_small.jpg.311a6f842d2fe696404f472d954f4238.jpg

I like the work on the temple. The Anubis figure is quite distinguishable.

You shouldn't need to compress your image. Hosting images on Eurobricks is extremely limited. Try using a photo sharing site (I use Flickr), and then embedding the pictures in the thread. Give the thread I linked below a look. It should assist you with posting larger and higher resolution photos.

Can't believe I missed this, but nice job on conveying the original Adventurers theme in such a small footprint! The SNOT(?) construction of that Anubis hieroglyphic is phenomenal, as is the angled column you created with tiles (I must know how you achieved that if you come back to this topic!)

As for the car and characters, I definitely appreciate the updated Scorpion Tracker, along with the cross-section of the ground showing the actual tomb. Well done all around (although I did raise an eyebrow with that hat Johnny's wearing. Slouch hat or bust!)