Dyen

1989 BATMOBILE - 42127 ALTERNATE MODEL

Hi everyone, after a few months I finally finished my alternative model for set 42127, so if you don't have this set yet, maybe I will give you a reason to buy one 🙂

52155647859_a126049617_b.jpg

I was trying to rebuild it into 1989 Batmobile and this is the result, almost no leftover pieces from original set. This one has moving pistons in engine, HOG steering knob, sliding cabin, detailed interior, flaming exhaust and pop out machine guns. I wanted to use lightbricks too, but because of almost no leftover parts there was not a possibility to place them elegantly, but I think they are not so necessarry for this model! 
52154394122_01e11c004b_b.jpg

Video presentation:

And special thanks again to Ron Hebben A.K.A. FORELOCKMOCS  for top quality INSTRUCTIONS

Honestly I'm not some bat/super...man (or any kind of superhero) fan, but IMHO you made extraordinary alternative; pure technic, pure functionality and optimal shape (had to Google a bit to see how it looked like in 1989 movie)

IMO It is the best Technic MOC so far in 2022 (I’ve already said it somewhere 😉). Its functions work as fluently as flawlessly as they should have been. Reminds me of the olden days Technic. 

Edited by thekoRngear

What a great B/C-model!

Design is spot on, even for the limited parts. I think somebody at TLG just shaking their head right now, thinking: "why didn't we come up with this as a B-model?"

9 minutes ago, Jundis said:

What a great B/C-model!

Design is spot on, even for the limited parts. I think somebody at TLG just shaking their head right now, thinking: "why didn't we come up with this as a B-model?"

We can say even more because TLG have the chance to use extra parts in the A model to can build a better B model... when my wife saw it, she is a big fan of Burton, she said to me buy it.

Wow, such a great B model. I’m a big Bat fan and the Burton batmobile is definitely my favourite/era.

You would think this was the A model and the original was an attempt at a B model. This looks fantastic, the wheel arches especially look way better on this build. Machine gun function is top notch, well done!

11 hours ago, langko said:

You would think this was the A model and the original was an attempt at a B model. This looks fantastic, the wheel arches especially look way better on this build. Machine gun function is top notch, well done!

Agreed. This is amazing!

I bought this set just to be able to build the B-model, thumbs up, very well done

Edited by gvo25
edit text

Love it.

I am very tempted to buy a second set just for this one.

Did someone say double VIP points week??? Must be destiny...

Ian...

That's a well made alternate with cool functions and nice details (love the way the machine guns pop up), I was actually expecting this to come sooner or later :) Finally an alternate model frontpaged :)

7 hours ago, Fuzzock said:

Did someone say double VIP points week??? 

I feel like the whole VIP point system is just a marketing gimmick to make you think you are getting a better deal than you really are. Right now (in Australia) I can get this set on sale for $109 from Amazon or Big W. That’s $60 cheaper than what LEGO is offering, even if buying with the double points you only get around 1500 points which is only redeemable for $15-20.

1 hour ago, langko said:

I feel like the whole VIP point system is just a marketing gimmick to make you think you are getting a better deal than you really are. Right now (in Australia) I can get this set on sale for $109 from Amazon or Big W. That’s $60 cheaper than what LEGO is offering, even if buying with the double points you only get around 1500 points which is only redeemable for $15-20.

You are precisely right. But I don't think they hide it. All of these loyalty systems are. If you really get into it, Amazon (in the US at least) also gives you 5% cashback if you have a Prime card.

With LEGO, you get 5% on VIP, plus maybe 2% cashback on a credit card, for a net of 2%. Double VIP takes that up to a net of 7%.

The reasons I buy from LEGO directly are either when there is a bonus through a cashback site, like Rakuten or Retailmenot, which often do 10% or 15% over above LEGO VIP points and cashback cards. I've had $150 off the Star Destroyer doing that. But you have to be careful as they often limit teh cashback.

Or the GWPs, which are valuable to me, and usually make it worth it.

I've only once bought directly from Lego, because almost always the sets are cheaper (sometimes by significant amount) at a certain local retailer. For example if I wanted the new Ferrari right away I should order from Lego for ~400€, or I could wait and pre-order it locally for 340€. For the Batmobile the prices are 120€ from Lego and 82€ locally.

I don't have Paypal ( and i don't want ot open an account either) Is there another way to order and pay for the instructions of this MOC.. i realy want to build this beside the original car of "the Batman"