Filibbooo

[MOC] Modular Pirate Scene - TREASURE ISLAND

blogged.png

Finally, I finished it! My biggest MOC, until now.

TREASURE ISLAND.

It took me nearly 3 weeks to create it from scratch. I used about 6,000 parts. Some days I got stuck a little bit, because I had no plan how to continue.

Additionally I ran out of parts, so that I immediately ordered new ones! :pir-murder:

The island is divided into 2 modular bases (48x48). Can also be connected to my LEGO IDEAS creation "Imperial Outpost" (You can vote here for it please, if you like LEGO IDEAS - IMPERIAL OUTPOST )

Features:

• Path to the top
  • Secret waterfall with "surprise" at the bottom (The people say, there a crocodile awaits its victims)
  • Rock prison (can be revealed by removing a part of the rock)
  • Suspension bridge
  • Hidden treasure cave with illuminated diamond wall (can be revealed by removing a part of the rock)
  • Fountain lake on top
  • Hatching of the sea turtles

Hope you'll like it!? :pir-blush:

Treasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure Island

Attached to the IMPERIAL OUTPOST

Treasure Island

So, now it's time to go to sleep! :dtired:

Edited by Marooned Marin
blogged

This is jaw-dropping :pir-love:

You really outdid yourself. Imperial Outpost is great, but the Island is even better! :pir-thumb:

I really like the palm trees you added, the Island Pt.1 was somehow naked without them. Great build!

Beautiful work.
Like the rock arch on the southside of the island.
Nice use of those flexible cords underneath the "crocodile bridge".
Love the color shading of the seawater near the beach(es).

This is a great island! :pir-love: I particularly like the waterfall and the hanging bridge.

10 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

This is jaw-dropping :pir-love:

You really outdid yourself. Imperial Outpost is great, but the Island is even better! :pir-thumb:

I really like the palm trees you added, the Island Pt.1 was somehow naked without them. Great build!

Thanks a lot. Yes, I also thought the additional palm tree would apply a better balance to the island.

10 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Beautiful work.
Like the rock arch on the southside of the island.
Nice use of those flexible cords underneath the "crocodile bridge".
Love the color shading of the seawater near the beach(es).

Thank you! The arching took a lot of time. Many tries were needed until the result satisfied me!

2 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a great island! :pir-love: I particularly like the waterfall and the hanging bridge.

Thanks a lot! The hanging bridge also was an adventure to build :pir-blush:

Maybe I can post some work-in-process photos ... Stay tuned!

10 minutes ago, Filibbooo said:

Also, add the behind pictures (which I saw on your Instagram but not here) of the pier and the beach, and the arch :pir-thumb:

Insane. So much in here and it all looks great. The bridge, the waterfall, the skeleton, everything is well detailed. Kudos.

By the faith! Organic builds are almost anathema to my mind in any medium. Lego's, doubly so. That rock there is a masterpiece to me and I'd pay some monies just for the instructions. Were it a kit, I'd buy more of them than even most of the folks here would consider reasonable.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, Filibbooo said:

Yes please.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

On 6/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Insane. So much in here and it all looks great. The bridge, the waterfall, the skeleton, everything is well detailed. Kudos.

Thank you so much!! 

17 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

By the faith! Organic builds are almost anathema to my mind in any medium. Lego's, doubly so. That rock there is a masterpiece to me and I'd pay some monies just for the instructions. Were it a kit, I'd buy more of them than even most of the folks here would consider reasonable.

Yes please.

Unfortunately I haven't created instructions for this island yet. But to be able to rebuild it again, I should.

Until then I surely may provide you with some work-in-process photos.

Here are some "precious" photos more ...

To plan the boundaries of the rocks or beach line I used some 2x2 bricks and 1x1 round bricks. This helped a lot at the beginning to find the right base shape.

Treasure Island - Work-In-Process

I wanted to implement a waterfall and a crocodile hide-out. To plan the location and the height of the waterfall I created a very easy mock-up of it with with bricks.

The two red 2x4 bricks in the front of the picture mark the passage of the rock arch.

After the boundaries were clear I continued with the "beach work". I also like to work with marked coordinates (see the next picture: the green and red 1x2 plates) so as not to lose the positions for specific spots, e.g. the 45° turned suspension bridge. The position for the bridge is marked with dark tan wedge plates as well.

The rock work was really challenging again. Especially the rock arch on the front beach. But after this effort I was really satisfied with the result. And I think the several hours I spent paid-off?! For the rocks I use mainly standard (inverted) slopes. To create nicer shapes it's recommended to use modified bricks for changing the direction of build.

First, a rock prison was not planned. But while building the path to the bridge I got the idea to have a nice "rock-built-in" prison. For this another arch was created as well.

Bird View on the prison

Inner circle, the crocodile hide-out, is completely stocked with plants. On the following photo you can see that I used "cheap" door frames to build the structure inside.

To provide an excellent and comfortable stay in the rock prison I built a small window with waterfall view. 

One of the most interesting part of the build was the suspension of the bridge. For that I used some flexible hoses in reddish brown. I tried a lot of techniques to link them to the rock. Then I got the idea to thread them through modified brick with axle holes. On the other end of the modified bricks the endings of the hose were linked to plates modified 1x2 with bar arm up.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:30 PM, Marooned Marin said:

Also, add the behind pictures (which I saw on your Instagram but not here) of the pier and the beach, and the arch :pir-thumb:

Here we go:

Treasure IslandTreasure IslandTreasure Island

Now I hope, the magic is still their, after revealing detail pictures ... ?! :-)

12 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

Now I hope, the magic is still their, after revealing detail pictures ... ?! :-)

This is fantastic work, and that's a clever way to secure bridge, I'll steal borrow that idea for my island.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is also a crocodile cave at the bottom of waterfall? Right?

22 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

No worries, it's still a pleasure to look at, even if we know the inside construction details. :pir-classic:

See you around!

23 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is also a crocodile cave at the bottom of waterfall? Right?

Not a complete cave, but an alcove.

On 6/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, Filibbooo said:

Treasure Island

What an epic shot!  It encapsulates the essence of adventure with a hint of intrigue thanks the use of depth of field! :pir-stareyes:

outstanding work indeed. lovely build, especially the shot together with the fortress.

So @Filibbooo...

On closer inspection it looks like you are not telling us everything here... Where does she fit in your diorama? :pir-classic:

Are there more cool MOC surprises in store for us soon? :pir-huzzah2:

Spoiler

52157610412_870ef637b8_b.jpg

Thanks all of you, for your kind replies! :-)

On 6/27/2022 at 5:54 PM, Mister Phes said:

What an epic shot!  It encapsulates the essence of adventure with a hint of intrigue thanks the use of depth of field! :pir-stareyes:

:pir-blush: Thank you! It was a spontaneous shot with the smartphone. No special equipment, but I got the right shot as it seems?! :pir-classic:

3 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

So @Filibbooo...

On closer inspection it looks like you are not telling us everything here... Where does she fit in your diorama? :pir-classic:

Are there more cool MOC surprises in store for us soon? :pir-huzzah2:

Reveal hidden contents

52157610412_870ef637b8_b.jpg

Haha. Yes, the mermaid! First I have to prepare some empty water modules to place some ships as well. Then let's "sea" where we can place her!

But yeah. I'm happy about my module-in-module idea. So I'm able to change small scenes quickly.

On 6/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, Filibbooo said:

Hatching of the sea turtles

Well, this be a nice detail but there isn't really a close-up shot centering on the action! :pir-oh3:

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Well, this be a nice detail but there isn't really a close-up shot centering on the action! :pir-oh3:

You're right. The close-up was posted within another thread (Imperial Outpost). So I have forgotten attaching it to this one ...

Here we go. Your wish is my command, Sir :pir-huzzah2: :

Treasure Island - Pt.1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:10 AM, Filibbooo said:

You're right. The close-up was posted within another thread (Imperial Outpost). So I have forgotten attaching it to this one ...

Here we go. Your wish is my command, Sir :pir-huzzah2: :

Thank ye! Thank ye!  They're beautiful little buggers! We should give them all names! :pir-love:

What made ye think of such a detail for a Pirate MOC?

On 7/3/2022 at 6:19 PM, Mister Phes said:

What made ye think of such a detail for a Pirate MOC?

I love sea turtles and I wanted to have something which brings some additional life to the beach! While building the scene I got this idea to create a small turtle nest.

AND I haven't discovered anything like this with the pirates yet ... :pir-huzzah2:  ... And I think it's a beautiful detail in addition .. :pir-sweet: ?!

This is a really great build, of course, though my favorite part of this island is probably that large rock arch. It look incredibly natural and all of those slope bricks really help contribute to that.

I also dig the prison but was wondering how accessible it was until I scrolled down. Nicely done there. I could see this abutting the Pirates of Barracuda Bay without looking out of place.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:10 PM, Mr Maniac said:

This is a really great build, of course, though my favorite part of this island is probably that large rock arch. It look incredibly natural and all of those slope bricks really help contribute to that.

I also dig the prison but was wondering how accessible it was until I scrolled down. Nicely done there. I could see this abutting the Pirates of Barracuda Bay without looking out of place.

Yeah, the rock arch was fun to build. And I'm very satisfied with the result as well. For the prison I first wanted to create a hinged opportunity to make it accessible. But then I decided to make a solid rock section which can be removed from top. So fingers can better reach the prison chamber! :-)

Thanks for your kind words!