Greetings! Let me present my newest Lego Ideas project.
This is an homage to the droids included in Classic Space sets on the late 80s.
The robot comes with a flyer and a rover which can be hold inside the unit's body. Also, the head serves as the cockpit.
If you like it, Please support on IDEAS:
Edited by Operacion Saturno

Supported. This would be awesome just for the pieces. But I like the builds too!

A little bit like the old Robot Command Center too.

10 hours ago, SerenityInFire said:

It reminds me of Master Mold from X-Men. A giant robot that makes smaller copies of itself.

That's an interesting way to see this.

I calculate you can fit inside the cargo bays and cockpit around 15 normal size droids.

Cramp in around 20 to 30 of those same droids.

3 hours ago, danth said:

Supported. This would be awesome just for the pieces. But I like the builds too!

A little bit like the old Robot Command Center too.

Thank you for your support! I really need it.

You are very perceptive. It's like the fusion of the SP081 Droid and the R C C. I tried to cramp in as much features of that set as I could. Paying homage to that iconic set.

Hi,

Asking for LEGO Ideas support is frowned upon. You can promote your MOC and leave a subtle link to LEGO Ideas, but you have taken the trouble to include some images or information in this post.

Can you add some extra information and make this post about the MOC and not simply promoting your Ideas project?

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi,

Asking for LEGO Ideas support is frowned upon. You can promote your MOC and leave a subtle link to LEGO Ideas, but you have taken the trouble to include some images or information in this post.

Can you add some extra information and make this post about the MOC and not simply promoting your Ideas project?

It was never my intention to ofend anyone.

I'm just sharing my idea with everyone here. In a brief way.

I always answer your questions about my creations here and I also review some of the works of other members. 

A friend helped me up with a new format to show my creations on Facebook by posting images and posting the link below the images, is this what are you refering to?

Any information you suggest I add to my post? Can I type it in Spanish? Is easier for me to write it down that way.

I'm on the best disposition to answer your questions about my creations. You just have to ask.

Images for a week

The idea came after watching some of those Beyond the Brick videos about CS fans creating huge versions of iconic space sets.

At first, I tried to make a 4x version but I miscalculate the dimensions and ended building the "feet" dish into 8x.I felt it was easier to make a version of this size, so I continue this way. 

When I start building the body of the robot, I realize it was big enough to fit a small vehicle instead of creating a base building inside, so I redesign the project and manage to create a rover with exploring features like a sensor dish and a remote cam. Then I realized it needed a ramp to enter and be deployed from the robot. The rest was easy just adding a flying unit and pay homage to the iconic Robot Command Center and tried to fit in as much as possible features included in the 6951. 

The head was a headache! The first version had two antennae on the size of the head, but the thing looked like Princes Leia with those two huge side control sticks. However, had a cool feature, you could pull the back of the head and take out the command chair and the floor of the cabin, however the side sticks were too huge and decided after exploring other options to place one antenna on the back of the robot and use the sides to place or take out the robot pilot. Then notice the side walls needed some sort of features to make it more interesting and opted for communication dishes and sensor devices to be deployed for exploration.

And that's how I created this robot. I was surprise many people are contacting me expressing this is a cool creation which is perfect as an homage of Classic Space. I thank everyone for your support and I'm exploring the possibility of upgrades by adding specialized tools for the robot or a manteinance platform, to name some.

289587026_533943234918045_43556571599250

290498944_536320561346979_17748951891102

290241974_536320581346977_78149583271157

288814540_533943278251374_62204459205770

289372810_533943258251376_43249327881600

add information