facuyanca

Extracting Official lego parts print patterns

Hello, could someone give me a hand with this? I was trying to create a lego decal from a pre-existing old lego piece, taking for example the Minifig torso below. I have been looking trought LDraw and others databases but I dont know if is it possible to extract the pattern as a 2d png file to easily edit it in other applicattion like photoshop. I have also found entire set with the patterns I need made in LeoCAD, if someone can explain me if this is possible to do I would really apreciate it. In other words if is it possible to conver a ldraw brick pattern texture to a svg file

image.thumb.png.bcacb2393620d9cdde07a1d939c0f54e.png

I know there is a lot of templates of this in the forum but some special prints like native-american faces are not present there

LeoCAD screenshot

Edited by facuyanca
Changed question after researching more

I don't know if it is possible. The traditional way is to redraw them them.

Are you trying to get this specific torso? I can redraw it for you. Probably take me 30 minutes. what set is it from?

Edited by natesroom

On 6/22/2022 at 11:03 PM, natesroom said:

Are you trying to get this specific torso? I can redraw it for you. Probably take me 30 minutes. what set is it from?

Thanks a lot for offering your time to help me, At the end I managed to replicate them taking screenshots in Leocad and then vectorizing them on inkscape, so I could have them in svg, here is what I got. I was trying to recreate the entire Western collection, I'll upload the rest of these to the western decals index when I finish doing all

Spoiler

Screenshot-from-2022-06-26-21-23-44.png

Screenshot-from-2022-06-26-21-25-24.png

Screenshot-from-2022-06-26-21-25-39.png

Edited by facuyanca

I took what you did and tightened it up in illustrator based on an actual print from bricklink mixed with what you did.

CavalryLiutenant

Edited by natesroom