Sign in to follow this  
jp-30

[M4-22 - Brick Built Creature] – Kowakian Monkey-lizard.

And not just any old Kowakian Monkey-lizard, you are in the presence of Salacious B Crumb, jester to the all powerful Jabba the Hutt. Behave yourselves, do not let our big slimy friend grow displeased with you all. Updated 25 June 22 (new limbs, frown, neck, tail, jaw & tufts)

52170660373_a6434f9042_c.jpg

52170660328_7db496d11a_c.jpg

Flickr

Edited by jp-30

Hah! He is a great build! You def nailed the facial structure and those ears have a fun blend of sail and tree trunk pieces. My favorite and most unexpected brick built creature of the contest :D.

Thank you! Just wanted to get something submitted, have a few adjustments to come, time willing. :) 

Holy cow, that's so detailed!  I thought it was huge, but then I realized it's actually not.  Great job!

4 hours ago, jp-30 said:

Thank you! Yeah he's somewhat in the ballpark of 'life sized'. 

I actually misjudged earlier.  He is huge!  

Love the use of planet pieces! Great shaping all around. My only complaint is the arms and legs seem a little simple compared to the rest of the build. But they at least capture his likeness accurately.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:49 AM, MKJoshA said:

Love the use of planet pieces! Great shaping all around. My only complaint is the arms and legs seem a little simple compared to the rest of the build. But they at least capture his likeness accurately.

Thanks, new BL orders arrived this week, so have updated the build (new limbs, frown, neck, tail, jaw & tufts).

It's me!

I haven't posted on this site for 14 years, but I came out of retirement for this one. What a wonderful MOC. You absolutely captured the essence of Salacious B Crumb. My favorite part is the use of the planet half for the belly. So creative! Great job.

Edited by Kowakian Monkey-Lizard

1 hour ago, Kowakian Monkey-Lizard said:

It's me!

I haven't posted on this site for 14 years, but I came out of retirement for this one. What a wonderful MOC. You absolutely captured the essence of Salacious B Crumb. My favorite part is the use of the planet half for the belly. So creative! Great job.

Wow, you aren't joking. Your last post was in 2008. What did you think of bionicle G2?

This is definately a worthy winner of the creature category. A unique decision to make more of a life-sized statue than a minifigure scale one, and some truly incredible part choices.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Kowakian Monkey-Lizard said:

Well, quite the honour to have been the cause of ending your Eurobricks Dark Ages, and thank you for your kind words about my build.

On 7/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

This is definately a worthy winner of the creature category. A unique decision to make more of a life-sized statue than a minifigure scale one, and some truly incredible part choices.

Again, thank you too for your kind words, glad you enjoyed the build.