TheDeeGee

[MOD] 10248 - Ferrari F40

Pulled the plug and decided to go through with the MOC from Rebrickable, and it's well worth it.

LEGO MOC 10248 Ferrari F40 MOD by NKubate | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

I also applied some mods of my own by lowering the suspension by roughly a plate thickness, with an illegal mod really as i had to glue those extra pieces in order for it to be structural sound. And the rims in the front are less deep, just like the real car.

weaao4synlo8ghkbg.jpg

ngbs5w1fuy5bbflbg.jpg

gokvl48ph1v90n2bg.jpg

3z3t9wqffde1y5nbg.jpg

itst108jvbw2eozbg.jpg

pg0ynlm289hwkrtbg.jpg

It's a great mod.
I also ordered all the parts to make this MOD.
But before I start, I'm making my own F40LM MOD.

I haven't found a way to lower it legally yet. So I simply cheated by lowering the rear wheel arch

52160732398_aacef5ff6c_b.jpg

52160730586_bc3e6d3e6c_b.jpg

52159709077_d3229e40ab_b.jpg

52159709057_3ceebc666c_b.jpg

So cool to see this model still getting attention. I ended up with a completely redesigned front and rear chassis (amongst a lot of of other things) to get the ride height lower. Essentially I've used technic beams to relocate the axles; legal and simple, but a ton of design iteration to arrive at. I've been asked for instructions a few times and have been poking at converting the LDR build and all its sub-assemblies into Stud.io but it's a massive job... likely won't happen soon. Pics for inspiration: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/154014-mocmod-ferrari-f40-lm/

12 hours ago, prototyp said:

Tellement cool de voir que ce modèle attire toujours l'attention. Je me suis retrouvé avec un châssis avant et arrière entièrement repensé (parmi beaucoup d'autres choses) pour abaisser la hauteur de caisse. J'ai essentiellement utilisé des poutres techniques pour déplacer les essieux; légal et simple, mais une tonne d'itérations de conception pour arriver à. On m'a demandé des instructions à quelques reprises et j'ai tenté de convertir la version LDR et tous ses sous-ensembles en Stud.io, mais c'est un travail énorme... qui n'arrivera probablement pas de sitôt. Photos d'inspiration : https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/154014-mocmod-ferrari-f40-lm/

I watch your work very carefully. I love your work on vehicles. I would like you to make instructions for the Toyota Eagle MkIII.

Regarding the Ferrari F40, the biggest problem is that it is not on the scale of new expert vehicles like the 911 or the Mustang. So one day, maybe I'll do a scaling MOD, with direction.

Here are some pictures of my MOD but some parts are not final as I am waiting for a parts order.

52172722317_ea9cd724e1_b.jpgDSCF5432 by alpinesman, sur Flickr

52172721862_d49e707cfc_b.jpgDSCF5434 by alpinesman, sur Flickr 

52174229315_45ae78b2e4_b.jpgDSCF5435 by alpinesman, sur Flickr