Themiddlebrick

[moc] UN-D11 Air Speeder

Here is my latest moc. I call it the UN-D11 Air speeder

...or maybe its a flying car, or a spinner, or a hovercraft...
52143976559_86738248cd_k.jpg

Lately I've been feeling a bit burnt out and have had a hard time coming up with the creative energy to put into building. Instead I've been spending a lot of time looking at concept art, going back and re-examining some childhood favorites to try to get some inspiration. 

I've also been thinking about going back to my LEGO moc roots. My first "serious" builds were speeders from and based on the Star Wars universe. Something about the cross of utility - the need to move people and things, with the styling - the industrial design of a consumer product - really appeals to me. I enjoy the tension there.

52144222675_27deb76554_k.jpg

And this is the result. Inspired by some of the sci-fi greats, Syd Mead, Don Davis and Peter Elison, I wanted to create something with exaggerated lines and a strong character but also plausible (As far as flying cars go haha).

It ended up being a lot of fun and has helped spark my inspiration. I'm looking forward to building more of these weird fantasy vehicles!

52142717042_ef18aa84b0_k.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Do you have any artists that you turn to for building inspiration? Let me know in the comments.

Looks like something Brick Daddy from Space Police III would drive.

sp114.png

It's got the color scheme of set 5984 (Lunar Limo) down pat, and the feel is there too, yet more subdued than the official vehicle.

Great work!

On 6/17/2022 at 10:08 AM, MontyMatte said:

Doesn't matter what it is :D ...

You did a got job. Congratz!

Thank you!!

Here are some edited shots for fun as well!

52154146682_d926974f2d_k.jpg

52154146672_e22fa8aa8d_k.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, Themiddlebrick said:

Thank you!!

Here are some edited shots for fun as well!

52154146682_d926974f2d_k.jpg

52154146672_e22fa8aa8d_k.jpg

May I ask how did you do such awesome picture?

7 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

May I ask how did you do such awesome picture?

Thanks! Well the first one was a pretty involved process with photoshop and many layers to achieve the effect that I wanted. The second one was a bit simpler but still required several layers to get the effect I was after. There are tons of good tutorials out there about compositing photos and adding effects in photoshop or other software. 

15 hours ago, Themiddlebrick said:

Thanks! Well the first one was a pretty involved process with photoshop and many layers to achieve the effect that I wanted. The second one was a bit simpler but still required several layers to get the effect I was after. There are tons of good tutorials out there about compositing photos and adding effects in photoshop or other software. 

Thanks, Middlebrick