Jim

[TC22] Technic Small Construction Vehicle Contest - Result Topic

Here are the results of the contest!

WINNERS

technic_gold.png
Backhoe grader by MP LEGO Technic creations (Regular)

52105862130_b8292ee007_b.jpg

technic_silver.png 
Log loader VOLVO L180HL by Akassin (Regular)

final%201.jpg

technic_bronze.png

Skid Excavator by Thirdwigg (Pro)

52096500162_4139d4f98e_b.jpg

CONTEST RESULTS

1. Backhoe grader by MP LEGO Technic creations - 188 Points (27 votes, entry 19)
2. Log loader VOLVO L180HL by Akassin - 170 Points (31 votes, entry 9)
3. Skid Excavator by Thirdwigg - 151 Points (25 votes, entry 24)
4. Road roller by LegoV94 - 73 Points (17 votes, entry 28)
5. Small Dozer by Jundis - 67 Points (18 votes, entry 1)
6. Bucket Wheel Excavator by artemisovsky - 48 Points (11 votes, entry 11)
7. Technic Excavator by Lukes_Brick_Studio - 42 Points (14 votes, entry 26)
8. Tractor Loader by GerritvdG - 37 Points (9 votes, entry 4)
9. Dumper by Seasider - 37 Points (11 votes, entry 7)
10. Tracked dumper on the Mars by Ctan - 35 Points (11 votes, entry 30)
11. Concrete pump by Philtech - 33 Points (8 votes, entry 16)
12. Clamshell dredger by JoKo - 28 Points (8 votes, entry 12)
13. Mini RC Tracked Loader by SaperPL - 28 Points (6 votes, entry 14)
14. Underground dumper by jorgeopesi - 25 Points (6 votes, entry 20)
15. Power Crane by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy - 24 Points (8 votes, entry 6)
16. Mini Mobile Crane by TechnicRCRacer - 16 Points (2 votes, entry 17)
17. City crane by Erik Leppen - 15 Points (4 votes, entry 27)
18. LIAZ 250 Dumptruck by NoEXIST - 14 Points (4 votes, entry 10)
19. Lime grader by Jurss - 14 Points (6 votes, entry 22)
20. Compact Mobile Crane by 2GodBDGlory - 14 Points (6 votes, entry 3)
21. Compact tracked loader by Appie - 12 Points (5 votes, entry 5)
22. Mini Rough-Terrain Crane by lmdesigner42 - 12 Points (6 votes, entry 25)
23. Wille Loader by paave - 10 Points (3 votes, entry 29)
24. Printer for buildings by howitzer - 9 Points (4 votes, entry 18)
25. Mobile tower crane by msk6003 - 8 Points (3 votes, entry 13)
26. Mining Truck by Jayden - 3 Points (1 votes, entry 2)
27. Cherry Picker by m00se - 2 Points (2 votes, entry 15)
28. Tracked Loader by johnnym - 2 Points (1 votes, entry 23)
29. Side Boom Pipe Layer by doug72 - 1 Points (1 votes, entry 8)
30. Pneumatic Telehandler by jacabias - 0 Points (0 votes, entry 21)

Congrats to the winners!

Since this is a special occasion where non-medal winners have won Silver and Gold, this would result in Akassin not receiving a prize (which would be very weird, since he beat a pro). I forgot to mention in the rules that in case of non-medal winners end up higher than a pro, they will get the prize instead of the pro (I think this was stated in a previous contest). But since I have made a mistake mentioning this, I will make sure that the entire Top-3 will receive a prize!

I will contact you shortly with the details (probably tomorrow).

@Thirdwigg I do think you are the first with all three different medals.

Nice, congrats @MP LEGO Technic creations @Akassin and @Thirdwigg, really well done and deserved podium!

Thanks @Jim and @Milan for organising this contest, perfectly executed as usual!

I really liked all the WIP topics and the different discussions on the progress, although it was sometimes difficult to draw the line between model team and technic. However, I think we found the right balance here.

Finally, thanks for the votes, I’m really happy with my shared 8th place! Cheers Gerrit

Edited by GerritvdG

Wow. In the middle of the competition, when I saw so many wonderful entries, I didn't even hope to get into the medallist. I'm very happy. Thank you for your votes. As others have said, there were so many good entries that it was very difficult to choose just 6. Congratulations @MP LEGO Technic creations and @Thirdwigg, you are very cool!
Thanks to @Jim and @Milan for organizing the contest.

Edited by Akassin

Definitely one of the coolest contests ever held on EB. Well done to the winners - you really are the best of the best!

Edited by Maaboo35

Congratulations winners! I'm really happy to see that the top three fill all three core categories, at least in my eyes - great functions, great looks, and great WIP stories!

Well done to all contestants who entered as well as those who didn't quite make it, I've really enjoyed logging on and watching everyone's projects come together and it's the participation that makes a competition. I hope to be able to join in one day when I regain my collection!

And of course massive thanks to Jim and Milan for organising as efficiently as always! I'm glad these contests exist, they're one of the main reasons I regularly check this forum, so long may they continue.

Congratulation to winners and all participiants, who managed to build something.

Congratulations to the winners! They are worth the prizes. :pir-huzzah1:

A lot of great models in this contest, all participants did great job.

Congrats to the winners, congrats to @Thirdwigg for collecting all 3 medals, congrats to all those that entered it was great to see so many diverse entries and most importantly thanks to @Jim and @Milan for running another great competition.

I’m dead chuffed I finished 9th 😀 I didn’t think I’d finish that high

Congratulations to all participants, @Akassin and also @Thirdwigg for collecting the last piece of puzzle :pir-huzzah2:

I believe that all contests are not strictly about winning but about gaining experience, trying new things and the most importantly - doing something that we enjoy and having fun!

Every contest is as tough as the competitors themselves make it and I enjoyed this one really much.

Of course, it's a contest so there are winners and the others but this shouldn't discourage them, there's always place for improvement and the next time, it can be everyone else of you to win.

I suppose that if this contest wasn't organized, I'd probably never make a build like this (which would be quite a shame as I like it a lot) and I even didn't know of this machine before.

I'd like to thank @Jim and @Milan for making this amazing contest come true and thank them for the effort they put into the whole managing of the forum :pir-thumb:

And finally, I am honored by every point that any of you awarded my contribution.

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

7 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

I suppose that if this contest wasn't organized, I'd probably never make a build like this

That’s why contests are great...personal development 👍 

Well done everyone those top 3 look awesome together and shows the really great builders that are here. I’d buy any of them off the shelf if they were sets! 

On 6/14/2022 at 2:35 PM, Jim said:

@Thirdwigg I do think you are the first with all three different medals.

@MajklSpajkl I think claimed this in TC19!

not to diminish what ‘wigg did, he is fantastic too!

Thanks so much for hosting this contest @Jim & @Milan!

Well deserved wins and brillant entries all around :-)

Even though this contest just ended, I am already looking forward to new ones. The contests in my opinion are a highlight on this forum, as they show, what creativity on a specific matter and time can spawn!

3 hours ago, KevinMD said:

not to diminish what ‘wigg did, he is fantastic too!

Yup, you are right.

really happy with 26th place, that is 4 places higher than I was expecting

3 hours ago, KevinMD said:

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yup, you are right.

doc_brown claimed this in tc5 (yes I looked through the index) though MajklSpajkl was 2nd

36 minutes ago, Jayden said:

doc_brown claimed this in tc5 (yes I looked through the index) though MajklSpajkl was 2nd

Wow, he was pretty quick.

Fun stuff. Maybe I need to make a graph one day :laugh:

Just now, Jim said:

Am overall table of who finished where as a posted thread along with all the competition names and brief description would be good

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

who me? :tongue:

a graph would be very interesting to see

1 hour ago, Jayden said:

who me? :tongue:

hehe

Thanks again to @Jim and @Milan for hosting another contest. I know you work a lot to support these contests, including tirelessly dealing with and answering all of our absurd questions about rules, regulations, and accommodations. Your work does not go unnoticed.

I am again humbled to be on the podium. I love this contest so much that I had to make two MOCs. Thanks to all who voted for my Skid Loader, and I'm happy (and validated) that was the MOC I submitted. I am honored to be the recipient of three medals, and still do not feel like I am in the same league as @MajklSpajkl and @Doc_Brown

Congratulations to @Akassin and @MP LEGO Technic creations on your second and first place. They are well deserved, and well come to the "pro" club. By MOCs certainly were influenced by your MOCs. I appreciate this dialoged, and is one of the values that Eurobricks brings to me. I look forward to future competitions with you in the mix.

Congratulations to all the other contestants. Know that any completed MOC is worth celebrating, and while you may or may not have been happy with your placing, it was fun for me to see your design, and watch and participate with your build process. I hope you are able to submit additional MOCs to this group in the future. For me, the feedback on my build here, has been invaluable.

I am also interested in some of the historical data of these contests. @Seasider I would love to see what you have come up with. I have done some historical data on voting for these contests, but this may be different than results data that you are interested in. Based on my data, I think this was the contest with the closest Top 3, at least in terms of points received.

I  am building a MOC of a bigger version of my entry.

At least I got 1 point.

1 hour ago, Thirdwigg said:

I am also interested in some of the historical data of these contests.

I'm the next one who's interested in this one.

I've just realized a funny thing - a yellow machine won the gold medal, a white machine the silver one and a red one bronze. Maybe there's something about it.... *huh*

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

8 hours ago, Seasider said:

@Jim I’ve started to pull something together in excel for you … give me a few days :)

I guess I can stop with my version because yours will be way better :tongue:

Edited by Jayden