Dufflefan

Custom Printing Recommendations (not minifigures)

Could anyone please recommend somewhere to have Lego pieces custom printed?

I’m interested in getting a few tiles and bricks printed, but only need very small quantities for personal projects. I've read lots of threads about the different types of printing (pad, UV, etc.) and whether it is better to do it yourself, but that's not something that's really practical for my situation. Also, I have no interest in custom minifigures (only tiles and bricks at this stage) and it seems like most places are mainly, if not exclusively, interested in custom minifigures.

I understand that requesting small numbers will mean the printing is more expensive, will probably take longer, and may even preclude some printing companies from accepting an order. The prints are only simple icons and some text and I've contacted four places so far but only one responded (the terms were $600 minimum and a four-month lead time).

Could anyone recommend a good custom printing service which will do small quantities? I have completed all the Adobe Illustrator files, and have the parts to send, so any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks!

On 6/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, Dufflefan said:

Could anyone please recommend somewhere to have Lego pieces custom printed?

I’m interested in getting a few tiles and bricks printed, but only need very small quantities for personal projects. I've read lots of threads about the different types of printing (pad, UV, etc.) and whether it is better to do it yourself, but that's not something that's really practical for my situation. Also, I have no interest in custom minifigures (only tiles and bricks at this stage) and it seems like most places are mainly, if not exclusively, interested in custom minifigures.

I understand that requesting small numbers will mean the printing is more expensive, will probably take longer, and may even preclude some printing companies from accepting an order. The prints are only simple icons and some text and I've contacted four places so far but only one responded (the terms were $600 minimum and a four-month lead time).

Could anyone recommend a good custom printing service which will do small quantities? I have completed all the Adobe Illustrator files, and have the parts to send, so any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Would you be willing to share your AI files? I have recreated all the shield files in vector that i could find. I'd love to start compiling minifig decals (At the time shields were only up to a certain point)

50937938647_caa1dc2661_h.jpg

Edited by natesroom

On 6/14/2022 at 7:24 AM, supertruper1988 said:

I have used Brick Print Studios (Brick Forge) and OKBrickWorks. 

https://brickforge.com/

https://www.okbrickworks.com/

Both have had great results for me. 

Thanks very much @supertruper1988. I appreciate the help. I'll contact both of them tomorrow and see what happens.

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

Would you be willing to share your AI files? I have recreated all the shield files in vector that i could find. I'd love to start compiling minifig decals (At the time shields were only up to a certain point)

@natesroom I would do so, but I'm not sure I have much to offer regarding minifigs; sorry! (I did make vector files of the four torso prints from The Beatles Yellow Submarine set #21306, though they were done very quickly).

So far, my focus has been on designing prints for tiles and bricks. Below is an image of some example prints I designed and which I'm hoping to have printed (among some others). I don't know if this is the sort of thing you're looking for?

400x335.png

Edited by Dufflefan
Added in Member Name to Reply

Ah gotcha, for some reason i thought you had torso prints etc. I would love to turn my graphic design skills onto torso's i just havent gotten around to doing any of them yet. The great thing is that they have alot of reused elements.