Filibbooo

[LEGO IDEAS] Imperail Outpost on The Rocks

blogged.png 

Ahoy everyone,

as I was a child, LEGO pirates was the toy number one for me.

Now, 30 years later, the fascination of "pirates" still persists, which led me to create this set.
This creation is my first bigger MOC consists of about 2,800 pieces. The first version was created in spring 2020 when this COVID19 forced us to stay at home.
It took me 3 months the create a digital version of it with Stud.io. Thereafter I also wanted to build it with real bricks and ordered all parts I needed.
Another 3 months later I could start building it. The hardest thing was to get both "new" soldiers AND rare parts from the pirates universe like the palm trunk parts.
This year I pushed myself to make some updates on it Building or shaping the rock base was the most challenging part which made a lot of fun.
But for the rockwork I decided to build it in real from scratch. Additional 3 months passed until I was satisfied with the result.
The outpost is divided into several sections to allow better access to the rooms:
  • Base level: Guard platform with prison and cannon station, guardroom and dock.
  • First level: Admiral's Room with navigation/chart table and a shelf full of naval books.
  • Second level: Observation deck

If you like my Imperial Outpost, then I am very happy about your vote on LEGO IDEAS.

SUPPORT NOW

It would be great, if this creation came to life.

"Let's bring back the pirates!"

And now some pictures.
Drink up me hearties and enjoy! 🏴☠️☠🦜

Front / Side ViewBird ViewBack / Side ViewLanding Bridge / Close-UpFront ViewLanding BridgeJailBase Level / Break Room1st Level / Officers Office

Yours,

Capt. Filibbooo

SUPPORT NOW

This is a very beautiful outpost diorama! :pir-love: I really like the color of the water. The rock island with the outpost is also excellently built. It looks very nice with the palm trees, flowers and plants.

This is really well thought build :pir-love: You have my support on LEGO Ideas :pir-thumb:

So no hidden cave below the tower? (based on the comment I saw on the LEGO Ideas site)

10 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a very beautiful outpost diorama! :pir-love: I really like the color of the water. The rock island with the outpost is also excellently built. It looks very nice with the palm trees, flowers and plants.

Thank you very much! :-) Yes, I have tried to design the water color in a way that creates holiday feelings. :parrot: 

2 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

This is really well thought build :pir-love: You have my support on LEGO Ideas :pir-thumb:

So no hidden cave below the tower? (based on the comment I saw on the LEGO Ideas site)

Thanks so much as well. :pir-huzzah2:

Yeah, thought about the hidden cave, but it would increase the amount of pieces too much. Then this MOC would have over 3,000 pcs. I I'm not sure if this is accepted on LEGO IDEAS. According their guidelines, an idea shouldn't have more parts than 3,000.

But yes a hidden cave underneath would still be great.

Really gorgeous building. :pir-grin: 
I like the rotation of the outpost and the ability to land at the jetty.
The plants on the outside are great too

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Supported! :pir-thumb:

This is fantastic - I believe @Marooned Marin will be working on a blog post in the near future.

Aww, big THANK YOU! ... I would be very honored!

5 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

Fantastic work, my congratulations!:pir-huzzah2:

Thank you! :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

Really gorgeous building. :pir-grin: 
I like the rotation of the outpost and the ability to land at the jetty.
The plants on the outside are great too

Thanks a lot! To place the building rotated was a little challenge, but I found a good way to do it relatively easy.

1 hour ago, Filibbooo said:

To place the building rotated was a little challenge, but I found a good way to do it relatively easy.

Picture is usually worth a thousands words. Got any Work-in-progress pictures to share here? Behind scenes exclusive photos? Those we like the best. :pir-huzzah2:

Quite the imperial outpost. This is a well detailed MOC. Not only is the exterior complete, you've built an interior too. I like how the actual buildings and battlements are 45 degrees offset from the base.

17 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

Aww, big THANK YOU! ... I would be very honored!

And let's add a big red SUPPORT NOW button to the first post as well!

SUPPORT NOW

21 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Picture is usually worth a thousands words. Got any Work-in-progress pictures to share here? Behind scenes exclusive photos? Those we like the best. :pir-huzzah2:

Good idea. Here we go, some work-in-progress pictures of the base:

Imperial Outpost - RockworkImperial Outpost - RockworkImperial Outpost - RockworkImperial Outpost - RockworkImperial Outpost - Rockwork

I decided to divide the base into two layers for easier positioning of the building. It was the best decision, afterwards. Really comfortable build! :pir-blush:

7 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Quite the imperial outpost. This is a well detailed MOC. Not only is the exterior complete, you've built an interior too. I like how the actual buildings and battlements are 45 degrees offset from the base.

Thank you very much!! Hopefully the magic is still there, after posting the "work-in-progress" pictures?! :pir-classic:

5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

And let's add a big red SUPPORT NOW button to the first post as well!

SUPPORT NOW

WOW!! Very kind!! I feel really honored!! Thanks @Mister Phes!

4 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

Hi @Filibbooo,

fantastic work. Supported just now. As fan of the classic pirates theme I am glad to see such an awesome and nostalgic moc.

Keep on!

-----
Sincerly, Tobi aka MM

Monty Matte on Insta - FB 
Willow project on Eurobricks - LEGOIdeas

Big THANK YOU!

Yeah, that was the reason why I started the project. I am still a big fan of the nostalgic pirate sets ... but now transferred into a new age with new building opportunities!

29 minutes ago, Legostein said:

Good luck with this really outstanding design! 

:pir-huzzah2:

Thanks, a lot!! :pir-huzzah2:

10 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

Here we go, some work-in-progress pictures of the base:

Thank yee :pir-thumb: now we know how to copy you :pir-grin:

You have better quality pictures of your work-in-progress then some of the builders of their finished build.

Is this the start of your LEGO Pirates collection or you have more hidden designs?

10 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

Good idea. Here we go, some work-in-progress pictures of the base:

Also, speaking of words... is there anything else you'd like to include in the blog post?  (which you haven't already mentioned in the first post or LEGO Ideas)

2 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Thank yee :pir-thumb: now we know how to copy you :pir-grin:

You have better quality pictures of your work-in-progress then some of the builders of their finished build.

Is this the start of your LEGO Pirates collection or you have more hidden designs?

:pir-blush:

This is the start of a "try" to create a modular pirate "scenery". This Outpost made the beginning. But 2020 I also designed a pirate's island called "Crocodile Island". This one I also could present here in close future?!

Now I am creating some island modules (48x48). First module is finished and already attached to my Imperial Outpost. Let's see where this plan ends?! :pir-sweet:

Maybe I could provide some photos of an "extended" Outpost scenery?!

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Also, speaking of words... is there anything else you'd like to include in the blog post?  (which you haven't already mentioned in the first post or LEGO Ideas)

Maybe the fact, that I want it to be "modular" to attach other sceneries ...?!

Pirate modular sets ... What a dream?! :pir-love:

13 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

Big THANK YOU!

Yeah, that was the reason why I started the project. I am still a big fan of the nostalgic pirate sets ... but now transferred into a new age with new building opportunities!

You're welcome. I'm sure there are much more opportunies now.

16 minutes ago, Filibbooo said:

"Crocodile Island". This one I also could present here in close future?!

Not here, better to post that in the separate topic inside Pirates MOCs subforum: [MOC] Crocodile Island

16 minutes ago, Filibbooo said:

Maybe I could provide some photos of an "extended" Outpost scenery?!

Yes, this is related to this build so go right ahead and show-off. I could use those pictures for a mighty fine blog post (which is currently underway) :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, Filibbooo said:

Pirate modular sets ... What a dream?!

A dream shared by many!

By the way... do you use Instagram?

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

A dream shared by many!

By the way... do you use Instagram?

Yes, I am. Just click on my forum profile. There you may find the link. :pir-blush:

31 minutes ago, Filibbooo said:

Yes, I am. Just click on my forum profile. There you may find the link. :pir-blush:

Turns out the Classic Pirates are already following you on Instagram!

4 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Yes, this is related to this build so go right ahead and show-off. I could use those pictures for a mighty fine blog post (which is currently underway) :pir-thumb:

TREASURE ISLAND - Pt. 1 - Imperial Outpost Extension

The extension includes a lost cursed treasure cave with illuminated diamond wall and a "cute" sea turtles hatching scenery on beach.

This module is built on 48x48 baseplate like the Imperial Outpost.

Treasure Island - Pt.1Treasure Island - Pt.1Treasure Island - Pt.1Treasure Island - Pt.1Treasure Island - Pt.1

Inside the cave there is a wall including diamonds which are illuminated by activating the light brick (pushing on the barrel on top of the rock).

Treasure Island - Pt.1Treasure Island - Pt.1

I hope this additional scenery will please you as well?!

More is in planning. At the moment I'm working on Pt.2 of treasure island.

Now it's time for a coffee! :pir_laugh2:

2 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Turns out the Classic Pirates are already following you on Instagram!

Haha, yes!!! :-) WOW!!! That's a true honor!

Thanks "Classic-Pirates"!!!!

55 minutes ago, Filibbooo said:

Thanks "Classic-Pirates"!!!!

And the Classic Pirates thank you for your support! :pir-huzzah2: