Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[S10 - MC] Artifact Hunt: Part I

*Your entry has earned 13 XP (S:5, T:4, A:4)

Yperio arrived on trade world Nar Kreeta to meet his old friend Whulwurr Whe, a Quarren, who lived here with his daughter. Whulwurr had contacted Yperio some time earlier via holo transmission to ask for some droids in exchange for informations about an ancient vault that was located in one of the barren deserts on Nar Kreeta. Yperio hopes to find some precious artifacts in the long forgotten vault.

So they were standing in front of the Whe house and when Yperio asked for the vault's location, Whulwurr pointed into the distance and said: "Do you see? That is the Great Sand Sea." Then he provided the needed information about the route. His detailed explenation ended with: "The locals never go there. The vault is cursed!"

Meanwhile Lul Whe and a friend were mobbing up the droids. Little did they know, that one of the Gonks was in fact a priest of the cult of the power droids, traveling incognito with his entourage to spread the word.

dscn1097c1hjyv.jpg

dscn1099c8ujkt.jpg

dscn1098cnskzb.jpg

That building looks like it's right off the studio lot set! Amazing recreation.

22 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

That building looks like it's right off the studio lot set! Amazing recreation.

Thank you! Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a studio lot set?

I was inspired by the Mos Espa Slave Quarters Row. Somehow i though such a architecture would be fitting for a Quarren living in a barren land :laugh: It's is only my second moc and i am especially happy about how the terrain turned out. It is much more interesting than the ground from my other moc (for old factions). I also bought large colored paperboard, but it was not large enough, so i had to remove the background in Photoshop :laugh:

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Thank you! Sorry for the stupid question, but what is a studio lot set?

I was inspired by the Mos Espa Slave Quarters Row. Somehow i though such a architecture would be fitting for a Quarren living in a barren land :laugh: It's is only my second moc and i am especially happy about how the terrain turned out. It is much more interesting than the ground from my other moc (for old factions). I also bought large colored paperboard, but it was not large enough, so i had to remove the background in Photoshop :laugh:

I just meant the movie film set off the studio lot. As in, you perfectly recreated what they used for filming.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

movie film set off the studio lot

Thanks! Now i understand. Sorry, my English... :blush:

Great build. So much to like: the building, the moisture vaporator, the droids, the ground! :thumbup::thumbup:

On 7/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, Brickwolf said:

Great build. So much to like: the building, the moisture vaporator, the droids, the ground! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you!

It really sings of that Mos Espa style building and I like the subtle detailing.
I'd have liked to see more of the set dressing (moisture vaporators etc) to populate the scene a little more but doesn't detract from an otherwise great build its more advice for your next build to fill a little more of the empty space :) .
A droid cult? Thats fun and original

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

It really sings of that Mos Espa style building and I like the subtle detailing.
I'd have liked to see more of the set dressing (moisture vaporators etc) to populate the scene a little more but doesn't detract from an otherwise great build its more advice for your next build to fill a little more of the empty space :) .
A droid cult? Thats fun and original

Thank you very much! I know it is a weakness of mine and i create barren lands :laugh: I definitely have to try to create a more lively and populated environment.

"Gonk. Gonk. Gonk ko kyenga see"

Sorry, but translation is prohibited by Baobab Security Directive 51-C... The Cult of the Power Droids is not idea of mine. But i really like it and wanted to incorporate it into the moc (and future mocs).