snaillad

MOC: The Station hotel

Hello everyone,

The latest modular inspired me to make my own hotel with a theme a little closer to home, a Victorian era hotel.

Some typical elements of the period I have included and some newer ones too. Arched windows, red brick, steep roofs and more.

Anyway a couple of shots are shown below, as always any comments are welcome and any questions I'll try to answer! :classic:

52133387252_574d393578_c.jpg

52134649514_6cb523427d_c.jpg

You can also view them on my flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Looks fantastic! So many great details, I especially love the corner columns and the detailing under the balconies!

Stunning hotel. Reminds me of the one near King's Cross in downtown London. Great work the details.

Seriously impressive! There are so much details that my eyes couldn't follow all at once :laugh:, but everything harmonizes very well. The colors are beautiful and I like how the shape of the building completely encompass the view from the walkway. Is the building also decorated on the inside?

Really nice! Great details. You are also going to make an accompanying station?! ;)

On 6/9/2022 at 8:31 PM, Mestari said:

Pure awesomeness... :)

Cheers! :classic:

On 6/9/2022 at 8:50 PM, EWay said:

Looks fantastic! So many great details, I especially love the corner columns and the detailing under the balconies!

Thanks, I spent ages trying to figure out the right pattern under those balconies.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:07 PM, Poodabricks said:

I love it! Perfect for any town 100%. 

Thank you!

On 6/10/2022 at 2:19 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Stunning hotel. Reminds me of the one near King's Cross in downtown London. Great work the details.

I know the one you mean, think it might between near to St.Pancras too. Always liked the brickwork and colouring.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, ExeSandbox said:

Seriously impressive! There are so much details that my eyes couldn't follow all at once :laugh:, but everything harmonizes very well. The colors are beautiful and I like how the shape of the building completely encompass the view from the walkway. Is the building also decorated on the inside?

Thank you, the shape of the building was my way of trying out an inset corner but on a grander scale. Sadly no interior details this time, its pretty messy on the inside, curtains did most of the hiding there! :laugh:

21 hours ago, JopieK said:

Really nice! Great details. You are also going to make an accompanying station?! ;)

Thanks @JopieK I've made the accompanying station back in 2020 :wink:

16 hours ago, ReplicaOfLife said:

That looks absolitely marvelous :excited:

Thanks @ReplicaOfLife, glad you like it!

@snaillad do you break them apart or? It would have been great to combine them! I also really like your Teapot junction.

2 hours ago, JopieK said:

@snaillad do you break them apart or? It would have been great to combine them! I also really like your Teapot junction.

Yeah, they always get taken apart, in this case the model is too big to have round for long. I've got more train ideas for the future, maybe a more futuristic form of train and hotel!

Smashing build!
I especially love the ground floor façade and the fountain.
Keep clicking those bricks together.