_shaddow_

[MOC] War Machine and Rocket Raccoon Mech Armor Duo

Hey there,

Recently, I tried my hand at several Mech Armor style MOCs to see if I could put my own twist on those models, and created this duo. The idea was to design a $20 pack of two armors like the 76219: Spider-man & Green Goblin Mech Battle but to go beyond the simple "duo-pack" concept. Rocket's walker-type mech can convert into a cannon to use on War Machine's shoulder, as seen in the pictures below.

WMRR-03.jpg

WMRR-04.jpg

More pictures and (free) instructions are available on my Flickr gallery. Enjoy !

Edited by _shaddow_

I had the chance to follow the development of this MOC, and I've built it yesterday, as well as an Iron Patriot variant of War Machine's Mech Armor :

52131134847_e3259afca6_c.jpg

52132652000_b4e734ac06_c.jpg

52132651800_1750634162_c.jpg

52132396509_fc17d4dd15_c.jpg

The War Machine mech looks like a standard one of these marvel mechs, which is nice for consistency. The Rocket one... it's consistent in style, but it's leagues more imaginative and better than what lego does. Nice job.

i think it would be really cool to see groot instead of war machine, amazing concept

On 6/8/2022 at 7:49 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

This is imaginative, this is something that breaks up the mech formula up a bit (something the mechs need). 

On 6/8/2022 at 9:07 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

The War Machine mech looks like a standard one of these marvel mechs, which is nice for consistency. The Rocket one... it's consistent in style, but it's leagues more imaginative and better than what lego does. Nice job.

Thanks ! Yeah, I love the Mech Armor line, but it does feel kind of stale sometimes, so I'm happy you like my spin on it !

On 6/8/2022 at 8:30 PM, Leewan said:

I had the chance to follow the development of this MOC, and I've built it yesterday, as well as an Iron Patriot variant of War Machine's Mech Armor :

You already know I love you pictures, but still, thanks for sharing them !

2 hours ago, Surge said:

i think it would be really cool to see groot instead of war machine, amazing concept

You're making a very good point. The reason why I chose Rocket to go with War Machine is because of this picture that Leewan posted when I asked which character I should adapt in the Mech Armor format. and it fell right to have War Machine pair with Rocket, since they're both kind of "weapons" guys. The Groot and Rocket pairing was considered, but the torso piece doesn't exist in satisfactory colors yet, and with War Machine I could justify the combination gimmick a bit more, I feel. Anyway, thanks !

1 hour ago, _shaddow_ said:

You're making a very good point. The reason why I chose Rocket to go with War Machine is because of this picture that Leewan posted when I asked which character I should adapt in the Mech Armor format. and it fell right to have War Machine pair with Rocket, since they're both kind of "weapons" guys. The Groot and Rocket pairing was considered, but the torso piece doesn't exist in satisfactory colors yet, and with War Machine I could justify the combination gimmick a bit more, I feel. Anyway, thanks !

oh yea i def get the reference and it is so cool regardless!! i feel if they were to make an official set groot would be a better pick

thinking about it actually i am shocked we have yet to get a war machine mech after so long

2 hours ago, _shaddow_ said:

Also, a groot mech wouldn't make too much sense, it'd essentially just be adult groot. 

1 hour ago, Surge said:

thinking about it actually i am shocked we have yet to get a war machine mech after so long

Yeah, that's a good point. He's one of the few characters where a mech is something totally on-brand. 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, a groot mech wouldn't make too much sense, it'd essentially just be adult groot. 

true, but most of the mechs dont really make much sense :laugh:

10 hours ago, Surge said:

true, but most of the mechs dont really make much sense :laugh:

I should clarify that. There are so far 2 mechs that "make sense": Iron man and Iron Man again. Then, we have mechs that, sure, they could be considered an upgrade for the characters: Captain america, black panther, etc. Then there are ones that seem like they'd be active detriments to their pilots: Thor, Spider-Man, Miles, Thanos. Groot falls in that latter catagory. Now they could make a "mech set" that's just Groot in the style of these mechs, with a molded or brick-built head, but they seem pretty hell-bent on these being stereotypical mechs without any real innovations.