Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur Mafia 4 - Day Two

There is that Scum sweet spot of activity, to fly just above the radar, active to not draw out accusations of not being interested - but not too active that they get caught out.  Saying stuff but being non-committal, I'd say Macdougal is doing quite well at that.

Did you have a look back at Day One like you said you would, Dr Macdougal? Find anything interesting? I didn't spot anything particularly incriminating by anyone, but it was very quiet. Maybe you will have better luck or a keener eye than me.

On a side note, I'm slightly surprised no-one has tried to accuse Cheseelo of role fishing. They definitely left themselves wide open, but the corrupted haven't taken advantage.

4 hours ago, Duvors said:

On a side note, I'm slightly surprised no-one has tried to accuse Cheseelo of role fishing. They definitely left themselves wide open, but the corrupted haven't taken advantage.

Not defending Cheese man, but has that been a habit of his usually? Could be trying to figure it out.

4 hours ago, Duvors said:

Is this your roundabout way of doing just that. :laugh: I'm not fishing. I'm being open and explicit in saying I think the best play is for the investigator to reveal themselves.

Especially because, I'll bet you, we're going to have no lynch today, or a town lynch. We need some unifying trajectory.

But if they can't be convinced, and it is their call... I find Riley a little strange, especially for the comment early in the day that the people who didn't vote aren't likely scum, as a teammate wouldn't let that happens. Potentially sounds like setting up that the scum either both voted or both didn't, when we don't really know. They're also very opposed to my plan, which, again, I'm championing because I think it is a wise one.

Commander Dustin is the other one who has been rubbing me a little odd. Very against my plan, and now planting seeds against me. Additionally, leading a vote against someone "middle of the pack" seems like the most palatable target from the corrupted.

Again, I'd rather make an informed decision, but those two are the two that strike me at first glance.

Vote Count:
Hailey Macdougal (Tariq j) - 1 (Duvors)

With 7 players remaining, a majority of 4 is required. There are about 29 hours left in Day Two!

18 hours ago, Duvors said:

Vote: Lt. Commander Dr. Hailey Macdougal (Tariq j)

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

Is this your roundabout way of doing just that. :laugh: I'm not fishing. I'm being open and explicit in saying I think the best play is for the investigator to reveal themselves.

No. Frankly I'm more annoyed someone hasn't. It would've given me a more obvious target to vote for.

Unvote: Lt. Commander Dr. Hailey Macdougal (Tariq j)

Probably counterproductive, but I'm not enthusiastic about this vote enough to stick with it.

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

l find Riley a little strange, especially for the comment early in the day that the people who didn't vote aren't likely scum, as a teammate wouldn't let that happens. Potentially sounds like setting up that the scum either both voted or both didn't, when we don't really know. They're also very opposed to my plan, which, again, I'm championing because I think it is a wise one.

I just think that in a team they would all be making sure they voted. In previous simulations, not voting gets you penalties which make it easier to get a lynch on you, so clearly that's a bad place to be, but especially if you are Scum.

As Commander Dustin said, due to the low engagement on Day One, we can't take it as a fact, and I am not presenting it as an absolute. But all we know for sure is that Te'voka didn't vote, and they were Town. 

Vote: Unvote: Vote: Unvote: Vote: Unvote: Vote: Unvote:

fhbdfhbfdhh

Banananananananananananananananananananananananananananananana

Vote:

Vote:

Vote:

To hell with it.

8 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

Did you have a look back at Day One like you said you would, Dr Macdougal? Find anything interesting? I didn't spot anything particularly incriminating by anyone, but it was very quiet. Maybe you will have better luck or a keener eye than me.

Truthfully I cannot find anything of use or interest. Lt. Riley suggested there might be 2 scum out of the 8 players and Lt. Pherson and Lt. Cheseelo agreed with him. Then 5 of us voted for one another in order not to get a lynch. Looking back on today however, there is something that got my attention:

On 6/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, KotZ said:

I mean is it worth voting for one of them then?

So Fenton suggests voting/lynching one of the two players that didn’t vote yesterday. That is, Lt. Arnold or Lt. Heecan.

On 6/6/2022 at 5:47 PM, Duvors said:

It'll give us something to go off of, and it's no more likely to cause us harm than voting for anyone else. We have nothing to gain from continuing to dither.

Pherson then agrees with him. Suggesting that it’ll gives us something to roll with and get people talking.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, Rumble Strike said:

An enemy team working together is unlikely to allow one of them to not vote when it's mandatory, it is basic fitting in tactics. If anything I would be more suspicious of those who voted.

Then Riley comes out with his comment about being more suspicious of people who voted than those who didn’t. Riley’s comment pinged me because it felt like an attempt to divert attention away from the two players that didn’t vote after the possibility of lynching them was brought up. Like he was trying to protect Arnold or Heecan from being lynched. 

25 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

So Fenton suggests voting/lynching one of the two players that didn’t vote yesterday. That is, Lt. Arnold or Lt. Heecan.

For what it's worth, I missed voting yesterday as I was a little confused about the timing. I would favour voting someone out today, but I'm rather stumped about who that would be. We might get lucky, but if we're wrong we'll be left with only 4 un-corrupted going into this night. If we don't vote for someone, we'll be relying on the investigator to survive and provide us info tomorrow.

I'm very afraid of this going the same way as yesterday, and everyone dragging their feet, and waiting until tomorrow, when we will do nothing again. In that spirit I will at the very least vote for someone I find slightly suspicious. Vote: Lieutenant James Riley. I still think it'd be best to play this aggressively, as inaction will only help those who are against us slowly pick us off. As soon as it becomes a 3 versus 2 game, I see very little path to victory. We cannot rely on the investigator, especially if they will not come forward. In fact, they may already be dead, or the game may not be structured the way I think.

I'd urge power roles to at the very least come forward tomorrow, especially if there are only five people left. I'm not sure I'll still be around at that point, but that seems wisest to me. I'm afraid if we wait too long it'll be easy for the corrupted to counter-claim and sow enough confusion to win (which is, again, why I feel we should be treating today as the second-to-last or third-to-last day, as opposed to "Day Two") but that is just my thinking.

If people think there is no doctor, or no investigator, what do they think exists, and how do they think those roles can best be utilized?

8 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Truthfully I cannot find anything of use or interest. Lt. Riley suggested there might be 2 scum out of the 8 players and Lt. Pherson and Lt. Cheseelo agreed with him. Then 5 of us voted for one another in order not to get a lynch. Looking back on today however, there is something that got my attention:

Pherson then agrees with him. Suggesting that it’ll gives us something to roll with and get people talking.

Then Riley comes out with his comment about being more suspicious of people who voted than those who didn’t. Riley’s comment pinged me because it felt like an attempt to divert attention away from the two players that didn’t vote after the possibility of lynching them was brought up. Like he was trying to protect Arnold or Heecan from being lynched. 

Once again, I have twice given my reasoning for why I personally think this.  

However, I don't think Arnold or Heecan have brought anything to the discussion today and my vote will be one of them or Fenton, for at least the others are participating and adding discussion. 

Vote Count: 
James Riley (Rumble Strike) - 1 (Zepher)

There's about 15 hours or so left today! To make things a bit easier, you'll no longer get penalty votes for not voting.

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

Vote: Lieutenant James Riley

12 hours ago, Tariq j said:

What a deranged suggestion (not responding to Dr. Macdougal specifically; more of a rhetorical comment). Why could this possibly be a good idea?

4 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

for at least the others are participating and adding discussion. 

and blathering endlessly and making us chase shadows.

Vote: Lt. Riley (Rumble Strike)

21 hours ago, Duvors said:

For what it's worth, your response to Cheseelo was much the same as Lt. Riley's, who spoke before you.

I don’t think the software shows it but we both posted our responses at around the same time. (Lt. Riley posted his response whilst I was finishing typing mine). So it was more two people having the same thought rather than me copying what he was saying.

We need to reach some sort of consensus here. Fenton, Arnold or Heecan have not contributed enough for me to make any kind of judgement on them and I’m leaning town towards Cheseelo. My gut is saying to vote for Lt. Riley based on the reasons I’ve stated before. But then it might be worth voting for one of the more inactive players.

52 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

and blathering endlessly and making us chase shadows.

How do we try to catch Scum if we don't get everyone to contribute to discussions? If people don't contribute then we have nothing to go off. I have been active, Cheseelo has seen something they think is a little off with something I said and they are voting on it, which is fair enough. I understand that. I obviously don't agree but I can see where he is coming from because he is vocal and has instigated discussion and I have responded.

Whereas this vote doesn't seem to address anything. I have not blathered, I have consistently said we need more engagement from the quieter crew members and that would be where my vote is going.

Thanks for a reasoned vote, Pherson. That's 2 bandwagon jumpers with nothing to add. Take note!

I will vote: Lieutenant Reechsavo Heecan (Jimmynick)

for contributing nothing this whole time, ridiculing people who are trying to generate discussion, and running in at the end with a bandwagon vote. 

1 hour ago, Rumble Strike said:

Thanks for a reasoned vote, Pherson. That's 2 bandwagon jumpers with nothing to add. Take note!

I don't care enough to bother justifying anything. There's no point at this stage in trying for anyone else anyway.

The mood has turned dark fast. I vote: Lieutenant Reechsavo Heecan (Jimmynick), but I expect us to be held accountable if we're wrong. Even though I've been quiet, I am also more ok with losing a quiet officer.

Unvote: Lt. Riley (Rumble Strike)

I'm sorry, I'm having a bad decade.

Vote: Lt. Heecan (Jimmynick)

For a minor inconsistency I noticed in your response to Cheseelo's suggestion: You seemed supportive of the idea for the investigator to publicly reveal themselves, but then immediately accused Lt. Riley of trying to manipulate the investigator into revealing themselves.

???

Vote Count: 
James Riley (Rumble Strike) - 2 (Zepher, jimmynick)
Reechsavo Heecan (jimmynick) - 3 (Rumble Strike, EmersonDAnite, Duvors)

With 7 players, a majority of 4 is required. Less than 4 hours remain in this day.

8 hours ago, jimmynick said:

4 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

vote: Lieutenant Reechsavo Heecan (Jimmynick)

2 hours ago, EmersonDAnite said:

vote: Lieutenant Reechsavo Heecan (Jimmynick)

2 hours ago, Duvors said:

Vote: Lt. Heecan (Jimmynick)

We need a lynch.

Vote: Lieutenant Reechsavo Heecan (Jimmynick)

Vote Count: 
James Riley (Rumble Strike) - 2 (Zepher, jimmynick)
Reechsavo Heecan (jimmynick) - 4 (Rumble Strike, EmersonDAnite, Duvors, KotZ)

Day Two is now over! With 4 votes, Reechsavo Heecan (jimmynick) has been lynched. Get your night actions in! 

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Vote: Lieutenant Reechsavo Heecan (Jimmynick)

Sign in to follow this