My entry for Summer Joust 2022 - Gradients category.
I chose brown colours. (Brown, Reddish brown,Medium Nougat and Tan).
Inspired by medieval/renaissance townhouses from the Baltic area.

Hope you like it :sweet:

Hanseatic GuildhouseHanseatic GuildhouseHanseatic Guildhouse

Oh my, that's gorgeous. Definitely reminds me of the merchant/guild houses in my region.

Beautiful finishing touch with those three iron bars sticking out of the façade.
I don't think I'm familiar with the brick you used to attach them to. Could you tell me the element code please?
And what kind of mould did you use on top of the little front roof (the one with the dog above the clockworks.

53 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Oh my, that's gorgeous. Definitely reminds me of the merchant/guild houses in my region.

Beautiful finishing touch with those three iron bars sticking out of the façade.
I don't think I'm familiar with the brick you used to attach them to. Could you tell me the element code please?
And what kind of mould did you use on top of the little front roof (the one with the dog above the clockworks.

Thanks a lot man! :blush: Yeah on second thought they are pretty similar all around europe.. and my god do you have some spectacular examples in Belgium!

It's just a 32064 Technic, Brick 1 x 2 with Axle HoleLeg. The t-bar-thingy just hides the vertical slit :wink:

I think the part you described is a 2546 Bird, Parrot with Small Beak? Correct me if it wasn't the right brick :tongue:

Stellar build. The shift in colors definitely fits the idea of "gradients" to me. The facade matches with my memories of Baltic buildings I saw when living in Germany.

4 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Stellar build. The shift in colors definitely fits the idea of "gradients" to me. The facade matches with my memories of Baltic buildings I saw when living in Germany.

Thanks man! :sweet: Yeah the building is definitely drawing heavily on German examples I have seen. Also some Danish one, but sadly they are much rarer.

3 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

@Sarophas

Awesome buildinhg. Did you have any inspiration? I like the mix of your brown colors and also clocks with the dog above

Thank you :sweet: Although not exactly from the baltic region, the townhall of Frankfurt (Römer) was a big inspiration for overall structure/facade. But just relying on memory from buildings I have seen around my home area.

3 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

Oh. I should have seen it before because I'm from Germany. But unfortunately I don't have it ;)

Well I'm part German, but rarely venture outside of Schleswig-Holstein, so quite a long way from Frankfurt :laugh:

On 6/17/2022 at 7:31 PM, Sarophas said:

Well I'm part German, but rarely venture outside of Schleswig-Holstein, so quite a long way from Frankfurt :laugh:

If I were you, I'd rather stay up north. Greetings from Lower Saxony :)

1 hour ago, MontyMatte said:

If I were you, I'd rather stay up north. Greetings from Lower Saxony :)

Haha, will do. I prefer the cold anyway :laugh: