evancelt

[COR-FB] Allied Intelligence Office, Spudkirk

blogged.png

Corrington and Oleon had negotiated the use of Spudkirk harbor by the bluecoat navy in support of their joint campaign against the Lotii. This arrangement primarily meant bluecoat ships could anchor offshore for provisioning and largely precluded Oleonese troops from landing in the Corlander settlement itself.

However, Corlander Naval Intelligence established a small fortified base where they could work alongside their Oleonese counterparts on shore. If they were to beat the Lotii, Corrington and Oleon would have to work together!

bluecoat-fort-1.jpg

bluecoat-fort-2.jpg

bluecoat-fort-3.jpg

----------------

OOC: To be licensed by Corrington in Spudkirk as a medium Arts and Culture @Ayrlego

Edited by Marooned Marin
Blogged on the Classic-Pirates.com

As I mentioned on Flickr, this is easily my favourite build of yours in this style so far. Too bad it's not in Port Woodhouse where it belongs!!! Your solution for the angled walls is quite clever - Can you post some of the WIP shots from Insta here as a reference? I will totally be trying this in the future! The palm tree is also brilliant and I don't think I've seen those pieces used as leaves before. Very nice!

Edit: Licensed for the faction

Very cool! I can only mostly echo what Ayrlego's already said, but NPU on that palm tree! I don't think I've seen one built like that before. The ramshackle walkway is great touch as well. Adds a whole lot of character to the MOC.

I second the motion for the WIP shot of the angled walls. They look great. Also: lovely to see some bluecoat presence in a redcoat build.

This is a very beautiful Intelligence office right on the coast. :pir-love: The architecture of the building with the angled fortress-style walls looks interesting. I like the palm tree too.

Thanks guys! This build is going to be displayed in Denver at FanExpo with CoWLUG.

Here are some behind the scenes shots of the base, walls, and tree taken from my Instagram story (hence the goofy messages on some of the pictures and unfortunate portrait orientation!). The wall technique was inspired by @CapOnBOBS 's sloped wall forts.

My first experimentation with the tree technique was in this Seawatch recon build.

Base (MILs to connect to other LUG members builds):

Spoiler

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-1.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-2.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-3.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-4.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-5.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-6.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-7.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-base-8.jpg

Walls:

Spoiler

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-1.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-2.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-3.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-4.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-5.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-6.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-7.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-8.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-walls-9.jpg

Tree: (ended up using 3 octagonal bar plates)

Spoiler

bluecoat-fort-proc-tree-1.jpg

bluecoat-fort-proc-tree-2.jpg

A lovely build Evancelt! The shaping, proportions, colours, plants - everything is just right! Well... apart from us sharing with those smelly Bluecoats.

On 6/5/2022 at 4:01 AM, Ayrlego said:

Edit: Licensed for the faction

Thanks!

On 6/6/2022 at 3:24 AM, Spud The Viking said:

A lovely build Evancelt! The shaping, proportions, colours, plants - everything is just right! Well... apart from us sharing with those smelly Bluecoats.

Thanks! Haha I see where the blue/red animosity mentioned in KPA is coming from :pir-laugh:

On 6/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Very @Ayrlego style BUT, the figs are better :pir-laugh:

The palmtree is to be noticed. I love it !

I made sure to use yellow figs!

8 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous MOC and beautiful details. :wub:

I like it because is not so big but very playable :thumbup:

Thanks! Yes, it fits on top of a 32x baseplate because it will be part of a CoWLUG display this summer

Lovely little fort, I really like those slanted walls.  That's a great palm tree technique too.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Another great structure! I like the pint-sized pocket-fort feel to it.

Haha had to fit on a 32x baseplate for the LUG build!

On 6/10/2022 at 4:24 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Honestly what can I say, amazing, as per usual! 

Thanks!

On 6/10/2022 at 5:08 PM, Kai NRG said:

Lovely little fort, I really like those slanted walls.  That's a great palm tree technique too.

Yeah the slanted walls are super fun. Will have to try a larger fort with that technique once Corrington finances can support such things again :pir-grin:

Would love to see that palm tree technique get used some more

This is so well built - why didn't I comment on this earlier?

Special praise goes to that palm tree. I don't think I have seen this design anywhere else :pir-huzzah2: