Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

[SR - FB] The Black Wolf Returns

November 24, 620AE

Corwin Ragnarrson had just received an urgent dispatch from his homeland of Vikendia in the far north. His worst fears had been confirmed; his uncle, the ruler of their tribe, had been killed by an ambitious nobleman seeking to rule himself. Now, Corwin's cousin Ivar, was engaged in a civil war with the usurper, fighting for his life and to keep the tribe unified. Upon receiving this devastating news, Ragnarrson recalled all of the Black Wolf Company military assets that could be reached quickly, and immediately set sail for Vikendia to aid his cousin. The remaining army, along with all of the BWC trade assets, were left in the hands of his most trusted Lieutenant, Freya. He had complete faith in her management skills, he only worried about the Terraversan war spilling into other territories, and the decreased numbers of soldiers in New Nassau left it vulnerable to attack. But it was a risk he was willing to take, as his only remaining family was in danger.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

February 6, 622AE

It had been almost 15 months since the fateful day that Corwin Ragnarrson had departed New Nassau in support of his cousin. Now, many months and battles later, the war was finally over. The enemy was vanquished, and the tribe reunited. On the shores of Vikendia, Corwin and Ivar say their goodbye's as the BWC soldiers load the boats with supplies for the long journey back to New Nassau. 

52122561836_919b81c353_c.jpg

As they said their farewells, Ivar motioned to a small group of men standing a few feet off. "Take these men with you back south. They are some of my finest intelligence agents. They have no direct connection to you or the BWC, so use them as you see fit" he said with a wry smirk. "I owe you my life, and I hope these men plus that blasted traitor's gold can only start to even us up. Send us a ship once a year with any news or requests you need to help you in your ventures south. Goodbye cousin."

52122594208_f14fd7456b_c.jpg

Many of the Black Wolf Company soldiers were new recruits when they sailed north, but now with many battles under their belt in the past year, they moved and acted as a veteran unit, loading the boats with speed and precision.

52122561766_1a1c62aaa1_c.jpg

52123064305_3e048116be_c.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

June 4, 622AE   New Nassau

52121531792_aabd32afff_c.jpg

After a long but uneventful journey, Ragnarrson and his men were back safely in New Nassau. Corwin immediately made his way to his private office where Freya could meet him and fill him in on the Company business in his absence. 

52121531757_e95fe96335_c.jpg

"Freya, come in." said Corwin, as there was a knock on the door. "I'll keep it brief, as I am exhausted from the journey. Here are letters to all the leadership in the BWC, please distribute them for me. I've set a meeting for next month to discuss what the future holds for us. Is that the master ledger you have? You can leave it with me, I'll take a look at it tomorrow, but I'm sure all is in order. Anything special to report?"

52123064180_92a73a8d06_c.jpg

Freya thought a moment, then replied "as of late, it has been pretty quiet and non-eventful. Our businesses and properties have continued to rake in steady profits. The soldiers that remained here have continued to train and stay ready should they be needed. Our ships the Akela and Nymeria had some great trade runs at the height of the Terraversan War, delivering some much needed goods at a HEALTHY markup, as the situation provided", she finished, with a twinkle in her eye. "The rest, I've included in the ledger, which you can read at your convenience. I'll drop these letters off right away. Its good to have you back, Commander."

52122561616_7579e39e0c_c.jpg

Just a little free build, to say "I'm back!" after a year and half away. Can't wait to get rolling again :pir-huzzah1:

Some bonus shots of the two scenes I built for this post. 

Spoiler

52123064430_3b9dc2ffbc_c.jpg

52122803624_03907f037f_c.jpg

52121531812_3b30bdb743_c.jpg

52122803509_488129c2a6_c.jpg

Edited by Corweena

What a great reintroduction to BoBS. I like how you crafted a story to go with it and make some builds instead of "just" coming back and posting. I like the liveliness of the beach scene and the diagonal use of the log bricks as roof. It gives a nice look or texture in the picture, with the outwards facing studs.

I like the Nordic landscape with snow near the coast. The story is told in an interesting way.

Cool story and series of builds! I like the diagonally placed roof

Great to see you back in action!

Lovely little story, and excellent use of space and perspective for a variety of shots and scenes. Well done!