SNIPE

42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3 Mods & Improvments

On 8/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, zonoskar said:

I also made a headlights MOD for the Daytona SP3: Daytona SP3 headlights. You decide which one you like best :)

i have used smoke (transparant black) headlights .. it's much better looking, and  changed the mirrors to the type the real car has

20220813_154538.jpg

Edited by JvdW1968
addition

After Pimping up the Gearbox I am proudly to present the next step in the "Pimp up my Ferrari" project:

• Slightly modified front axle with Ackermann Steering and better turning radius of the car and gear rack limiters
  • HOG Steering 
  • HOG Gear Indicator and Gear Shifter

42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari%20H

HOG controls are integrated seamless both easy-to-use and nearly invisible into the original cockpit design.

Some close-ups to the internals:

42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari-421

42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari-42142143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari-421

42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari%20-42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari%20-

If you are interested in more details, have a closer look to the digital models:

Building instructions and part list are still Work in Progress

Also I am looking for some further MODs to be included... So please be inspired for your contributions to this Topic!

On 8/7/2022 at 10:20 PM, LegoHoops said:

52270320313_d817ee08c2_c_d.jpg

Hi @LegoHoops, that grill looks great and I'm having a go it myself, thanks for sharing your design. 

I'm a bit confused about how you've attached the black bionicle tooth part at the ends of the grille, can you give a bit more detail on that please?

many thanks

52299511354_6e97a34e6e_c_d.jpg

@Buzzfox The Connector & Bionicle are mounted on a 3L Pin.

52299244476_3de7bae7d8_c_d.jpg

Addition Red Bionicle mounted in the horizontal plane too.

52299511489_32bbb3d236_c_d.jpg

Registration Plate Update.

Edited by LegoHoops

1 hour ago, LegoHoops said:

@Buzzfox The Connector & Bionicle are mounted on a 3L Pin.

OK, thanks @LegoHoops, so that's a 3L pin that goes through the 1 X 3 cross block fitted at step 486 instead of the 2L? I thought that's how you had done it but it seemed to clash a bit with the angled connector #5 next to it so I wondered if I'd misunderstood it. 

I've finished the right hand side of it now and does seem to sort itself out. It really is a huge improvement on the original construction, thank you so much for sharing it.

42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari%20-

With Pimp up my Ferrari v0.4 I made some more improvements:

• PDF building instructions are now available until end of Box 1. That is about 1/3 of the complete build, but containing all the technical mods and the chassis is ready to drive in that stage.
  • Modified car bottom with some nice open windows, that give a clear look to all relevant technic features inside. Some color changes as well for a clean look.
  • Optimized geartrain: The first gear mesh between differential and gearbox has been reduced from 24/8 to 20/12. Instead the last gear mesh between DNR box and the engine has been speeded up from 20/12 to 24/8. So the final speed of the engine keeps the same, but the gearbox itself runs slower and produces less friction. Some joints between gearbox and DNR needed to be modified as well to allow free run of the new 24t gear behind the DNR box. The knob gears of the gearbox have been swapped, so they do not collide with the U-Joints of the geartrain. 
  • The driver's steering wheel is geared down by 8/24 instead of 12/20 before. 

Some pictures with details:

640x640.png640x640.png

If you are interested in more details, have a closer look to the PDF or the digital model:

Building instructions and part list are still Work in Progress. I am looking forward to include more MODs...

Edited by jb70

As a regular lurker here I anxiously await jb70's "Pimp" version of all new supercars. I just can't tell you how grateful I am for the amazing upgrades. It is so enjoyable seeing and replicating jb70's incredible work and creativity. As soon as I saw the 0.4 PDF I took apart my base model and started immediately. It was so satisfying. I am halfway through the file now. At the risk of being picky I think there is one small mistake in the instructions. On page 44, step 73 I think the red 3L pin (11214) and lbg bush (3713) combination should be swapped with the lbg 3L pin (32054) and red 2L axle (32062) combination so as to fit with the gearbox assembly properly. Other than that everything is clear and accurate. Thank you again for this. It really is incredible work.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, zonoskar said:

Hi, trying to keep the pimp-my-Ferrari thread alive. I made a modification to the set so you can fold the roof and put it in the frunk. There's enough space there for it, once folded. It only uses a few extra parts: Foldable roof for 42143 on Rebrickable

We have a foldable roof instead of a bag to place in the frunk.

With Pimp up my Ferrari v0.5 I made a few more improvements:

• An easy removable engine cover with just 3 different parts. Replace 2 blue axle pins by 2 red 2L axles and replace the orange 3L pin with bush by a black 2L pin (stays in the engine when the cover is removed). Now you can easily remove and reattach the engine cover, if you like to see the V12 cylinders working. 
  • An very simple but effective MOD on the levers that should hold the rear hood open. Replace the 2 black 2L pins and 1L beams by 2 black ball pins. Now the hood really stays open, until you want to close it.
  • I replaced the yellow 7L axle under the rear hood by a gray one, better fitting to the gray frame around the engine window.
  • On 8/23/2022 at 5:50 AM, jbuccino said:

On page 44, step 73 I think the red 3L pin (11214) and lbg bush (3713) combination should be swapped with the lbg 3L pin (32054) and red 2L axle (32062) combination so as to fit with the gearbox assembly properly. 

Thanks @jbuccino for your review. This has been fixed in v0.5.
  • And finally the PDF instructions have been completed until the end of box 2. This is about 2/3 of the complete build.

A few pictures with the latest MODs:

42143%20-%20Pimp%20up%20my%20Ferrari-421

Here are the links to the PDF instructions and MPD digital model, if you are interested in more details:

Edited by jb70

16 hours ago, jb70 said:
  • I replaced the yellow 7L axle under the rear hood by a gray one, better fitting to the gray frame around the engine window.

I already have replaced most weird colors in my set. I also swapped out most grey parts where a black part was more appropriate and made both axles all-grey. I have to change the front axle a bit though, because the grey is seen from above in the completed model.

2MytDm6UpkmgCznNRm8y0LsQ.jpg

nQzd9BIlbH8f18GUnML1aaKf.jpg

x0a2cYVlss1PBf8YGezvXokw.jpg

That looks great! For such an expensive and adult-focused set, this is how it should look. The color vomit is atrocious. 

Edited by therealjustin

On 8/26/2022 at 9:05 PM, zonoskar said:

I already have replaced most weird colors in my set. I also swapped out most grey parts where a black part was more appropriate and made both axles all-grey. I have to change the front axle a bit though, because the grey is seen from above in the completed model.

That looks awesome! Even simple things like getting rid of those orange 3L pin with bushes makes a massive difference.

I've completed v0.5 BOOK2 with no issues. The rear hood works much better now and stays in place. I look forward to the next update.

I have finally completed the building instructions with Pimp up my Ferrari v0.6. There are no more MODs compared to v0.5, so far. 

Here are the links to the PDF instructions and MPD digital model, if you are interested in more details:

I have pimped my Sp3 with a range of mods , described at this forum. The mirrors are based upon a mod on de mirrors of the lamborghini Sian set. The  engine is modifies to my own view of the real engine with a different enginecover with altered connection to the airducts.

Pictures can't be published (max 0,01 MB upload which is absurd)

20220820_144925.jpg

Edited by JvdW1968

With Pimp up my Ferrari v0.7 I made a few more improvements:

• Spring-loaded Doors
    • By adding a technic shock absorber the wing doors are now better fixed to keep in either closed or open state. This allows to remove several friction pins in the door mechanism and replace them by non-friction pins or axles. The complete door mechanism works much smoother, now. 
    • You can open the door either manually or by pushing the yellow levers underneath the hood. 
    • By adding a simple grey 1x1 round tile on top of a technic 1/2 pin the door is now fixed in closed state and allows the moving-to-the-side-part of the door to come back into closed position without colliding with chassis. 
  • Foldable Roof
    • Many Thanx to @zonoskar for this cool MOD. 
    • On 8/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, zonoskar said:

Hi, trying to keep the pimp-my-Ferrari thread alive. I made a modification to the set so you can fold the roof and put it in the frunk. There's enough space there for it, once folded. It only uses a few extra parts: Foldable roof for 42143 on Rebrickable

• I just made minimal changes like adding a technic axle in the middle, adding some 1/2 pins to keep the roof stable in unfolded position and modified the holders on top of the windscreen to keep in black.

Some pictures with more details:

400x400.png400x400.png

I am now finalizing release v1.0 to be published on rebrickable.com in the next days.

Edited by jb70

On 8/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, JvdW1968 said:

Pictures can't be published (max 0,01 MB upload which is absurd)

If You wold've read forum rules, that You would know, that pictures needs to be posted on flickr, bricksafe or similar picture service, and then paste link here, which will automatically embed picture