Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

[OL - FB] Eat in, or to go?

Just read in the KPA that Jiangkai got sacked and looted, crap :hmpf:. Anyway, on to my MOC :grin::

52117704746_50134fa901_c.jpg

While most of Jiangkai's populace was of various Lotii descent, there was a sizable group of former Monomontachi as well. Like the Lotii, they too tried to adapt to the Oléonese newcomers and cater to their needs via home made cuisine. After all, supply lines to Jiangkai were long and soldiers can't march on empty stomachs. Unlike Hoang's place, which specifically blended the tradition of Oléonese pastries and coffee with oriental tea ceremonies, Chiba's tiny restaurant offered only typical Monomontachi quick meals, such as his famous ramen soup which can be taken with on the go. As such, Ramen Ichiraku, as was the bar's official name, attracted less Oléonder clientele but was well-loved by the Monomontachi community of Jiangkai. Especially the youths of the Blue Dragon Society used it as a place for informal gatherings.

The restaurant's architecture reflects its owner's heritage and is pulled up mostly from wood. One of the few buildings on Market Street in this style; it draws the attention as it's comfortably nestled between the typical yellow buildings of the street.

52117956869_3b91133196_c.jpg

Ramen Ichiraku, next to Hoang's Coffee House.

52117741898_842e8b171a_c.jpg

Chiba, owner of Ramen Ichiraku.

52116682387_35def9fec2_c.jpg 52117956934_dde9104d32_c.jpg 52117956964_79ec8454cd_c.jpg

Open the spoiler below for the interior (yes, there's actually an interior this time!):

Spoiler

52117741798_ebda2737c2_c.jpg

The side opens up for easier access and viewing.

52117704656_25c9b747f5_c.jpg

The cozy restaurant with limited seating.

52118214380_bf5c687003_c.jpg

The Spartan living quarters. Chiba is probably a Marie Kondo adherent. I'd like a better picture of this, but it is difficult to properly shoot.

This one's been a while in the making, building and designing on-and-off, despite its relative simplicity. I built it to fit Hoang's Café and I'd like to build some more additions to Jiangkai's Market Street. I've got several ideas in my head, but I've yet to work them out properly. I really wanted to try my hand at a "historical" version of the Monkie Kid theme's sushi shop, plus I wanted to build something in "Japanese" style. I know it kind of clashes with Hoang's Café in terms of style, but I also kind of like the mishmash of styles.

Disclaimer: while all of the stickers are official LEGO stickers, they are all Photoshopped.

So many great details in what is such a narrow build! I really like the way it attaches onto Hoang's place - I hope we get to see further additions to market street in the future - I really like the style you have created with both these builds. 

A very beautiful building, especially the details in the kitchen are very interesting.

16 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Bummer timing. The thing is great and contrasts nicely with its neighbor. What a lively scene the two make!

Bummer timing, indeed. Oh well, maybe Market Street was spared from the looting :grin:. Glad you like it.

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

So many great details in what is such a narrow build! I really like the way it attaches onto Hoang's place - I hope we get to see further additions to market street in the future - I really like the style you have created with both these builds. 

Thanks! I'm hoping to build some more additions, but I don't know when. I've got a couple of ideas I want to build.

5 hours ago, NOD said:

A very beautiful building, especially the details in the kitchen are very interesting.

I really wanted the building to have a small footprint and a somewhat cramped feeling, just like its inspiration. I really like the kitchen as well and how everything fits (barely).

I'll take 2 ramen to-go, please :pir-grin:

Great job, and the amount of details in such a small space is amazing. 

This is such a great little build, with lots of details! It would fit right in any Ninjago City setup. Well done!

This is really neat, love the way the white stripes look and I'm quite impressed by the interior you managed to squeeze into such a tiny space!

On 6/3/2022 at 5:41 PM, Corweena said:

I'll take 2 ramen to-go, please :pir-grin:

Great job, and the amount of details in such a small space is amazing. 

On 6/3/2022 at 8:46 PM, Darnok said:

This is such a great little build, with lots of details! It would fit right in any Ninjago City setup. Well done!

2 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Beautiful asian house!

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

It would fit in a Ninjago City. Perhaps with the addition of a bit more color and neon signs :grin:.

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is really neat, love the way the white stripes look and I'm quite impressed by the interior you managed to squeeze into such a tiny space!

Thanks! The white stripes are supposed to be like rice paper windows you often see on those type of buildings.