My latest creation, hope you'll like it :sweet:

As Radoslaw entered the city gates, it felt like stepping through a portal to a different dimension. The relative peace was broken by the loud bustling of the city streets.
The cries of merchants peddling their goods and the sounds of craftsmen hammering about, reverberated off the tall walls. Smells of smoke, horses and spices penetrated his nostrils.
Radoslaw could see guards positioned along the battlements, scanning the market square for any suspicious activity.
Dromos was noticeably anxious, snorting and pulling the reins, Radoslaw had to work hard to calm down his horse but was sure that it had alarmed the guards.
The fast-paced clanking of metal cut through the sea of noise, as a figure appeared from the crowd. A large man covered in heavy plate armour marched menacingly towards them, firmly grasping a hefty axe in his left gauntlet.
Radoslaw knew that if he got arrested, someone would surely recognize him. He closed his eyes, gathered himself and reached under for his dagger..

A Thirst For VengeanceA Thirst For VengeanceA Thirst For VengeanceA Thirst For VengeanceA Thirst For Vengeance

The covered stairway is great.  Really nicely designed build.  I like the figs and obviously goats, goats, goats.  

13 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

I don't know why, but I really like the stairways cover.

Thanks man! :laugh: I was really inspired by this video from Real Terrain Hobbies, where he just nails the beautiful wacky hoardings.

10 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Wow, lots of great details. I like the hoarding a lot. 

Thanks man! It was the main focus point/motivation for the build, glad it shows :sweet:

5 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The covered stairway is great.  Really nicely designed build.  I like the figs and obviously goats, goats, goats.  

Thanks a lot! I tried to keep it as simple as possible, relying on a lot of 1000-ish 1x2 Masonry profile bricks I bought a while ago :laugh: Yeah the goats don't flex themselves.. or do they *oh2*

6 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Awesome! I watched that whole build series. The inspiration certainly shows. 

I love mixing the two hobbies and frankly the miniature/terrain side is way more active on youtube :wink:

Gorgeous castle, I like the architecture of the wooden parts integrated with the stone, the detail of the flooring and the use of such expressive characters! :wub:

Delightful work of art! :excited:

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous castle, I like the architecture of the wooden parts integrated with the stone, the detail of the flooring and the use of such expressive characters! :wub:

Delightful work of art! :excited:

Wow, thank you very much :sweet: That's really all I could have wanted to achieve, glad you like it.. more will follow :wink:

That part with the poor soul covered in discarded bones are clearly inspired by the Nordic tale of Hjalte in Rolf Krakes castle - very nice interpretation!!

The multicolor wooden boards on the tower give it a very realistic touch; and the proportions are just perfect.

8 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

That part with the poor soul covered in discarded bones are clearly inspired by the Nordic tale of Hjalte in Rolf Krakes castle - very nice interpretation!!

I agree, the naked chap sleeping in the hay being rudely awakened by the bard is a nice little additional story telling.

7 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

I wish I could take credit for your amazing interpretation. Honestly he is just supposed to be a hungover guy waking up in a haystack. I guess I owe you an easter egg relating to the story in a future build :wink:

4 hours ago, brimbolet said:

The multicolor wooden boards on the tower give it a very realistic touch; and the proportions are just perfect.

Thank you very much, I wish I had more of the printed board tiles, they do add a lot of character to wooden stuctures :sweet:

4 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

I like the pitch sharp angle of the first image, it's so good to see a corner piece and not a higher battlement. 

Thank you very much! :sweet:

35 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I agree, the naked chap sleeping in the hay being rudely awakened by the bard is a nice little additional story telling.

That was the intended micro story, but I wish I had made the reference that Arne mentioned :facepalm: Thank you though, glad you like it :grin:

6 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

Inspiring. Big praise!

Love the details... and the goats (two goats!!!!)

Thank you very much :sweet: Yeah got the set last year for aprox 300 Euro, new. So that was an easy buy :laugh:

On 6/15/2022 at 4:46 PM, Sarophas said:

Thank you very much :sweet: Yeah got the set last year for aprox 300 Euro, new. So that was an easy buy :laugh:

I am also the proud owner of a goat :)

Bought this set when it was new.

3 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

I am also the proud owner of a goat :)

Bought this set when it was new.

Unfortunately that was during my dark ages, alongside Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and many more :facepalm:

Wow, this looks fantastic! Great details and minifig selection :wub: Love it!

Do you plan to expand the scene in the future? Add a tavern or stables?

9 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wow, this looks fantastic! Great details and minifig selection :wub: Love it!

Do you plan to expand the scene in the future? Add a tavern or stables?

Thanks you very much! :blush: No, it has long since been demolished, maybe the 'story', could be expanded with more scenes? :wink:

On 6/17/2022 at 7:34 PM, Sarophas said:

Unfortunately that was during my dark ages, alongside Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and many more :facepalm:

Dark Ages?

1 hour ago, MontyMatte said:

Dark Ages?

1 hour ago, SerenityInFire said:

When Lego fans talk about their dark ages, they mean a period of time when they stopped collecting Lego.

What he said :grin: