obijon

[MOC] MINIs from Obiwan Kenobi - 5 models - , Scythe Transport, Jabiim Freighter, Tri-Wing, Tala's Shuttle & NEW Mercenary Ship

NEW MODELS WILL APPEAR IN REPLIES TO THIS THREAD

MINIs in this thread:

1. INQUISITOR SCYTHE TRANSPORT
  2. JABIIM FREIGHTER
  3. TRI WING PEGASUS STARFIGHTER
  4. IMPERIAL TRANSPORT SHUTTLE
  5. MERCENARY SHIP (NEW)

INQUISITOR SHUTTLE (SCYTHE TRANSPORT)

To celebrate the premiere of Obi-Wan Kenobi here is my MINI version of the Inquisitor Shuttle which can be seen in the trailers.  I myself will hold off watching this on Disney+ until all the Episodes are available so I can watch all in one go (Day off required!).

I would expect a whole load of MOCs of this to appear, so here is mine.

When I first saw this I thought it would translate in to a MINI really easily.  There must be a wedge for the front section I thought.  But no,  nothing that would fit the shape.  It took me a while to work out how to solve this.  In the end the solution I came up with was to invert wedge plates and attach them to a plate with two handles with clip tiles.  They could then be angled to (almost) match the slope bricks for the main body.  This was the only tricky part of the build.  The rest was easy but I think it looks the part.

I have also built a custom Reva minifigure.  I will replace this with the official one once it is available.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

InquisitorShuttle1.JPGInquisitorShuttle2.JPGInquisitorShuttle3.JPGInquisitorShuttle4.JPGInquisitorShuttle5.JPGInquisitorShuttle6.JPGInquisitorShuttleDisplay.JPGRevaThidSister.JPG

Edited by obijon
NEW MODEL

On 5/27/2022 at 12:51 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Nicely done. Your Inquisitor Shuttle is the right size for a polybag set.

Thank you very much.  This ship is ripe for a polybag.

Hi again everyone

This time I present 3 models from the excellent Obiwan Kenobi series to go along with the Scythe Transport above:

JABIIM FREIGHTER

Kawlan Roken utilized two of these small passenger freighters to aid The Path in moving force sensitives outside the reach of the Empire.

This was quite a simple build with the size of it determined by the engine section which was the trickiest part of the build.  The 1 x 1 brackets allowed for separation of the engines without it becoming more than 3 bricks in height which would then have led to a much larger model and took a bit of tinkering with overlapping plates to get the gap at the back without the engines being flimsy. The main body is built along a spine modified 2x2 plates with 2 studs on the end.

I have also used a mixture of different shades of grey and tan pieces to try and give it the old battered look. 

There is also a custom Kawlan Roken minifigure for the display.

JabiimFreighter1.JPGJabiimFreighter2.JPGJabiimFreighter3.JPGJabiimFreighter4.JPGJabiimFreighter5.JPGJabiimFreighter6.JPGJabiimFreighterDisplay.JPGKawlanRoken.JPG

PEGASUS TRI WING

The Tri-Wing S-91x Pegasus Starfighter, or simply the Tri-wing, was a type of starship that was manufactured by Incom Corporation and later classified as a New Republic Light Assault Starship. It was active during the Imperial Era, with one spotted by Princess Leia Organa on Alderaan.

I was inspired to build this by TeddytheSpoon’s excellent minifig scale MOC of this ship and the fact that it is now canon.

The only really tricky part of this ship is the wings as they are swept back but not in a normal wedge plate shape, they had to be straight.  I tinkered with angling plates on single studs but there was always a horrible gap and did not line up with the body.  I eventually used the swivel top hinge plates and discovered that the newish triangle tile piece fit perfectly in the space next to the engines without leaving a gap.  The triangle piece also has the effect of locking the hinge in place so it becomes swooshable without the wings flapping about!

I have also used as much silver as possible so this model actually looks pretty striking in real life.  Shame I am such a terrible photographer.

There is also a custom Aquillian Ranger minifigure for the display which is based on Ralph McQuarries concept art.

TriWing1.JPGTriWing2.JPGTriWing7.JPGTriWing4.JPGTriWing5.JPGTriWing6.JPGTriWingDisplay.JPGAquillianRanger.JPG

IMPERIAL TRANSPORT SHUTTLE

The Sienar Fleet Systems Imperial Transport Shuttle was a small short ranged transport used to ferry Imperial personnel planetside to orbiting ships.

This was a simple little build.  No tricks with the build really, just a case of working out the shape for the windscreen.  It is not perfect but I did not want this model to be any bigger than it is as it is supposed to be a very small shuttle.

I have used the official Tala minifigure for the display.

TalaShuttle1.JPGTalaShuttle2.JPGTalaShuttle3.JPGTalaShuttle4.JPGTalaShuttle5.JPGTalaShuttle6.JPGTalaShuttleDisplay.JPG

Let me know what you think.

Jon

Edited by obijon

I love the tri-wing! The silver is a great choice. You've captured the essence of it better than I did :laugh:

The Jabiim freighter is top notch as well, the can topper used as an entry hatch is genius.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

On 11/23/2022 at 2:55 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

I love the tri-wing! The silver is a great choice. You've captured the essence of it better than I did :laugh:

The Jabiim freighter is top notch as well, the can topper used as an entry hatch is genius.

Thank you very much!  It would have cost too much to use silver at your scale.......:wink:

MINI Building is all about seeing a piece and realising how it can be useful.  Larger scale building there may be multiple options but with small scale you are limited by size. That ring pull piece is a perfect example of that.  

Edited by obijon

MERCENARY SHIP

This model again is added here for completeness,  Nothing clever really just a flying wing with some greeblies!  The engines were the trickiest part and settled for attaching them to 1x1x2 brackets on the plate which holds the whole thing together accross the model.  I do like the custom Vect Nokru minifigure.  One of my favourites especially as custom figs aren't really my thing.  Where possible i want to use an official figure.

MercenaryShip1.JPEGMercenaryShip2.JPEGMercenaryShip3.JPEGMercenaryShip4.JPEGMercenaryShip5.JPEGMercenaryShip6.JPEGMercenaryShipDisplay.JPEGVectNokru.JPEG

Hope to have the Ahsoka models done over Christmas.......

Jon