Sign in to follow this  
Dfenz

[MOC] National Library of Ireland

Wow! Quite the detailed build of the library. Doing both the interior and exterior must have taken some time. Will you be doing the Long Room next?

*huh* Amazing!  I just spent a while browsing the Flickr photos - unbelievable structure & detail!  The treatments for the interior floors and walls are fantastic - thanks for posting!

Holy smokes, this is fantastic, thanks for sharing.

This is very impressive! I love that you did both interior and exterior. A lot of dedication.

So the Fenz's did it again. The scale of the library is amazing. In addition, so is your collection of books. Furthermore, the curvature of the middle part of the building is mind blowing. I can imagine it's a bit easier at this scale to create a curved wall without too many (or too large) gaps, but it looks really flush. I can imagine there was a lot of planning and calculations to create these curves. Really well done to both of you, B and D!

13 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

So the Fenz's did it again. The scale of the library is amazing. In addition, so is your collection of books. Furthermore, the curvature of the middle part of the building is mind blowing. I can imagine it's a bit easier at this scale to create a curved wall without too many (or too large) gaps, but it looks really flush. I can imagine there was a lot of planning and calculations to create these curves. Really well done to both of you, B and D!

Thanks for the kind comments. We found that using LEGO train tracks as the base for the curve offered vital stability. We then had to figure out how deep the interior walls needed to be to accommodate the books. The outer part of the tracks supported the steps and columns. The inner part of the tracks formed the foundation for the walls.

As someone who works at a National Library, I can really appreciate the attention to detail you have put into this masterpiece. It is simply mindblowing!

I once build a scale model of my workplace, the Black Diamond in Copenhagen, but in microscale - I can hardly fathom how many hours the two of you have spend in building in this amazing minifig-scale

What an absolutely lovely build inside and out!
I especially like the façade and the inside walls.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

On 5/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, Redhead1982 said:

I used to visit this library. Its scale is truly amazing. I did not think that Lego would come out with this building. At the moment I found an assignment help for college, use https://edubirdie.com/assignment-help for that. And as soon as I can, I will order this set for myself. I can't imagine what I would have done as a child without Lego. Thanks to whoever created it.

Edited by ellencarnallajya99