Hi, I would like to show you my new toy. 

It is very simple yet effective RC offroader with modular body, winch, 2PFL motors (easily swappable to C+) and agressive design.

It was purpose built for Kostky Trophy event, which is overland expedition (3-5km) with LEGO cars that is organised once per 2 years (approximately) by my LUG. 

This time I have prepared instructions guide for you.

I know, some parts are printed. Can you find all four types of them? ;) All of them are just decorative and not crucial to the assembly or functionality of the MOC.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x480.jpg

800x450.JPG

800x450.JPG

other colour variants are also possible:

800x480.jpg

Almost all colours with fenders available are possible (orange, red, blue, dark azure, lime, white) 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Looks very beautiful - best with 3rd party wheels! I don't see a suspension though, is there (n)one?

Looking forward to a video from your overland expedition, hope you'll link it here.

@johnnym - Thanks! Suspension is provided by flex in chassis. There is unfortunatelly no planned expedition right now, but next year should be one. For video footage from 2017 and 2019 see Youtube and use  "Kostky Trophy" as keywords. :)

I also rendered few pictures with extreme version of this MOC, that I plan to share as Control+ version soon.

800x480.jpg

800x480.jpg

I really like the form factor of this, and nice usage of the wing panels on the side, gives it a really cool look (I love the original color scheme). Though it would be nice to squeeze some suspension in, I guess it has the space for it (with a different motor placement).

What are those custom tires (what outer diameter)? And what rim are they sitting on? Is it a custom rim or lego rim with some beadlock stickers on it?

Oh my oh my! This is incredibly cool. The colours, the use of panels and connectors, all the details... :pir-stareyes:

Are these red emergency hooks original lego parts? Never seen them...

@gyenesvi Thanks! In thos size there definitely could have been squeezed some basic suspension, but then the drivetrain would be much more complicated and less effective (or with slower output). The flex in the chassis provides enough axle articulalation. The custom tires were originally meant for some WPL standard RC car, tgeir outer diameter is approx. 75mm and they are mounted on custom designed and 3D printed rims.

@Jundis Thank you, I am glad you like it. The hooks are my own lego compatible design. Then 3Dprinted.

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

but then the drivetrain would be much more complicated and less effective

I think the drivetrain would not need to get that much complicated. First I thought that the front could be solved by a simple independent one, but realized that it cannot be done the same way TLG did not make the Raptor AWD (these are the moments when I hate their laziness/cheapness). However, maybe both front and rear could be done with simple floating axles using two towball joints (roughly flat layout), so only 2 extra U-joints in the drivetrain. The motors could be side-by-side in the middle, hard coupled. Anyway, just thinking out loud :)

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

The custom tires were originally meant for some WPL standard RC car, tgeir outer diameter is approx. 75mm and they are mounted on custom designed and 3D printed rims.

They look pretty good, and 75mm is a really nice size, I like the buggy wheel as well for that. I guess they don't fit any lego rim, right? Did you try that?

@gyenesvi Yes, but then it would be different car without easily swappable body. Most probably also heavier. My intent for this MOC was foolproof chassis without the need of specialized elements. 😉

These tires need custom rims, because it has two different inner diameters for connecting to the rim. 

9 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

then it would be different car without easily swappable body

Sure, I get that :) Anyway, it did start an interesting line of thought in me for some experimentation with such suspension, so thanks for that :)

10 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

These tires need custom rims, because it has two different inner diameters for connecting to the rim. 

Okay, thanks.