Oky

[M4-22 - Brick Built Creature] – Boga the Varactyl

52095203869_e4b86af23c_c.jpg

Hello there! For my entry for the creature category, I chose to recreate one of my favorite mounts from the saga: Boga the Varactyl. She is a beautiful creature and desperately needs a remake in Lego. Here is a reference image for comparison:

image.thumb.png.c0ea7d7a7609c7e73af085c69855a0f8.png

Here she is carrying Obi-Wan to his confrontation with General Grievous.

52093940052_327a3dd371_c.jpg

She is highly poseable, allowing you to recreate various scenes, such as when she rears up.

52094965151_c1928333cf_c.jpg

Her beak can be opened and closed, and even some of here blue feathers are adjustable.

52094984588_e5038b21fb_c.jpg

Like in the movie, she is very long and carries a saddle on her back.

52093940087_5424a86643_c.jpg

Her tail consists of four segments, making very flexible.

52094984548_401962f2b3_c.jpg

Let me know what you think, and may the force be with you. :classic:

Now THAT is a great boga moc. The fern element usage is genius, the leaf feet are great, and I love the boomerangs for tail feathers. I'm not a huge fan of the face, but I definately couldn't find a better way when I did it last year. I just don't think there's a way to do it that looks close enough to Boga, and it's one of the few situations where I think a molded head is better, but yours is probably the best that can be done brick-built. (and better than that 2005 molded head)

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Now THAT is a great boga moc. The fern element usage is genius, the leaf feet are great, and I love the boomerangs for tail feathers. I'm not a huge fan of the face, but I definately couldn't find a better way when I did it last year. I just don't think there's a way to do it that looks close enough to Boga, and it's one of the few situations where I think a molded head is better, but yours is probably the best that can be done brick-built. (and better than that 2005 molded head)

Thanks! I agree, if Lego ever makes another Boga, a molded head like the ones on the creatures in Newt's Suitcase would be perfect, but this is as good as I could make it now.

She's a beauty. I actually prefer wholly brick-built creatures to molded ones and this is about as perfect as you could get with this. The headdress is great but the feet are what I like the most, that leaf part is such a perfect match for the on-screen ones. I may try and reverse-engineer it for my own Obi-Wan if you don't mind!

Wow it's stunning! Boga is such a random, an out-there design in-universe and you've really nailed it. Your attention to detail is magnificent.

On 5/24/2022 at 7:22 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

She's a beauty. I actually prefer wholly brick-built creatures to molded ones and this is about as perfect as you could get with this. The headdress is great but the feet are what I like the most, that leaf part is such a perfect match for the on-screen ones. I may try and reverse-engineer it for my own Obi-Wan if you don't mind!

Thanks! Feel free to do so. 

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Wow it's stunning! Boga is such a random, an out-there design in-universe and you've really nailed it. Your attention to detail is magnificent.

Thank you! That’s what I love about her; it’s such a unique and colorful design that doesn’t seem to get enough love which is why I chose it for my entry.