Aliencat

[M4-22 - Alphabet Fighter] D-Wing Fighter

Here's a D-Wing Fighter for M4-22.

The D-wing fighter was a type of starfighter active during the First Order-Resistance War. A modified D-wing was used by the bounty hunter Seleno Chandro in The Rise of Skywalker.

Star Wars: D-Wing Fighter

What a great entry!

Clean build with a satisfying color scheme and it captures the complex shapes of the original almost perfectly.
It misses some tank thingy under the cockpit and maybe a bit more length and a bit less height would make the proportions even better.

Not sure about the species of the pilot though? (:

Thanks for the great replies :)

19 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Not sure about the species of the pilot though? (:

Oh you mean this guy? :look::look:

On 5/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, MstrOfPppts said:

It misses some tank thingy under the cockpit and maybe a bit more length and a bit less height would make the proportions even better.

My guess, and @Aliencat feel free to correct me, is that this is more "inspired by" than an attempt at making the actual canon D-wing. Aside from the different color scheme, the missing large bottom tank, different cannon (more pointed in the model and looks more like a cylindrical blaster cannon in the canon ship), and overall proportion difference seem like they're big enough differences to be intentional rather than forgetful.

If it is an attempt at re-creating that specific vehicle, than yeah, there are some proportion flaws and missing parts, but it's still a good MOC overall I'd say. Regardless of whether or not you were trying to remake the canon ship or do more of an "inspired by", it's a great build! The cockpit and overall design really remind me of that 2007-2008 "golden age" of lego star wars.

Also, this may just be me, but it almost looks like the D-wing in TROS's cockpit is a y-wing cockpit with stuff kitbashed onto it? Pretty tangentially related to the MOC, I just thought it was a neat thing for it to look kitbashed despite being CGI.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

That's right, I just went through the letters of the alphabet and found this one interesting to give my own interpretation. I've never even seen The Rise of Skywalker (it was not recommended by anyone I talked to who had seen it :grin: ).

Congrats on the win! Although I thought for sure you would get first place with how much great shaping and detail you included on this thing! I like how you gave it a bit of your own personal touch.

I don't remember this ship from TRoS, but then again I don't remember much of anything from that forgettable aTROScity. :head_back:

Well done.