4 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Double seal tape with numbers is normal on larger boxes, I just think they avoided the punch hole type of box for this special one because it has this vintage look 90th celebration.

Ah ok,  thanks for clearing things up.:thumbup:

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

It's a manufacturing code 

Manufacturing codes

Before any LEGO® set leaves the factory, we make sure to put a manufacturing code on the box. This code lets us know when and where the set was made. The codes are 4 or 5 digits long and made up of 2 or 3 numbers, followed by a letter and then another number. You’ll usually find the code on the tape sealing large boxes or stamped near the barcode on the small ones. It might be a bit difficult to see at first, but if you tilt the box, you should be able to read it.

The numbers aren’t just on LEGO boxes. If you look carefully, you’ll find them on the plastic bags that contain bricks, the Collectible Minifigures bags, brick buckets, and even on LEGO bricks!

https://www.lego.com/sl-si/service/help/fun-for-fans/behind-the-scenes/brick-facts/manufacturing-codes-blt249035ca5f270042

Thank you for this information!

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Doesn't appear to be regional. @jimmynick is based in the UK according to his profile and got 19O2. I'm also UK, and mine is 17O2.

Yours is two weeks older. They were packed in weeks 17 and 19 2022 in Billund.

Edited by MAB

I have a 21TX2, 22TX3, and 23TX2. Based in the US. Two from online orders and another from a physical LEGO store. Not sure which came from which source though.

I was unusually happy putting this set together and thought it was really well done. Do you think Lego will do a new 3 in 1 with the forest theme?

Possibly. They’ve already stated that 3-in-1 is where they see Castle living.

Built this on drip. Really enjoyed the build. Optimus Prime still in the box!

1 hour ago, Rjbricks said:

Possibly. They’ve already stated that 3-in-1 is where they see Castle living.

Built this on drip. Really enjoyed the build. Optimus Prime still in the box!

I don't mind if the sets are mostly 3-in-1 (and hopefully Ideas/Icons), but I really hope they throw us some battle packs or more Castle/Fantasy CMF's to go with it. Minifigs are (more than!) half the fun in this theme.

1 hour ago, woodford86 said:

I don't mind if the sets are mostly 3-in-1 (and hopefully Ideas/Icons), but I really hope they throw us some battle packs or more Castle/Fantasy CMF's to go with it. Minifigs are (more than!) half the fun in this theme.

Preach! That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. 

2 hours ago, woodford86 said:

There has been various castle/fantasy minifigs on CMF throughout the years but I'd prefer battlepack so we could get 5 different minifigs in one batch instead of having to wait another year for another new CMF.

Im glad  they decided to revive the Forestman theme with this GWP and also on the new Lion castle set. The CMF also recently includes Troubadour minifig which could easily fit in this theme. Few years ago there's also Wolfpack CMF , and I hope they'd bring back this faction aswell.

Forestmen would be perfect for 3 in 1.  There are three “building” sets left after the hideout and all are similar in appearance.  And the treehouse look is pretty popular generally among various themes.  A couple of friends sets my kids have even have a vague similarity to old forestmen sets to me.  So pretty sure kids would buy them too.  They would probably change from all black to shades of brown and make it more colorful to fit the theme.  Also means they couldn’t throw in a horsecart in tribute to the smaller forestmen sets, because they have nothing but brick built animals which I am not found of.  Those sets were all smaller, so they would need to make it bigger or do something to get it to the price of the other recent historical 3 in 1 sets.  But what I really care about is getting a blue and black version of that torso as well as a green version of the peasant torso in 10305, a brown hat, and three remaining colors of feathers.  If they do that, the set could include a spaceship or a dinosaur for all I care, and I would buy 10 of them.

8 hours ago, Rattlebricks said:

The CMF also recently includes Troubadour minifig which could easily fit in this theme. 

Troubadour torso is actually used in the new Lions Castle.

50 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

Troubadour torso is actually used in the new Lions Castle.

I noticed that aswell. Is it the first time a torso from CMF being included on a set?

3 hours ago, Rattlebricks said:

I noticed that aswell. Is it the first time a torso from CMF being included on a set?

No, that first happened way back in Series 1:

col006.jpg?1col002.jpg?1

These two both appears in this set:

853195.png

This might be a minority opinion, but I hope they don't make any more minifigure based 3 in 1 sets. I think they look completely awful. That theme is fine for things like airplanes and large animal builds, but I'm not at all a fan of the style of the minifigure scale sets. I mean, just look at the recent castle. Even the parts selection is completely dreadful, and it doesn't include enough minifigures for that price range. And it needs real animal molds.

I do hope to see more forestmen sets though. A new Forestmen's Crossing would be a big hit, especially if it includes a printed baseplate!

8 minutes ago, jodawill said:

This might be a minority opinion, but I hope they don't make any more minifigure based 3 in 1 sets. I think they look completely awful. That theme is fine for things like airplanes and large animal builds, but I'm not at all a fan of the style of the minifigure scale sets. I mean, just look at the recent castle. Even the parts selection is completely dreadful, and it doesn't include enough minifigures for that price range. And it needs real animal molds.

I feel the same. I haven't bought and won't buy the 3-in-1 Castle (unless it goes on a huge discount) as I don't think it is very good. Pretty much the same reason as you - the parts are not great for the types of castles and buildings I build. I also found the minifigure selection quite poor, given you can buy the Black Falcons through bricks and pieces and I don't need any more skeletons and definitely not any more pirates. Even if I didn't build my own, I don't think I'd buy both the Creator and 90th Anniversary Castle, they are too different.

It's not a bad set, it's just not for me.

39 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I do hope to see more forestmen sets though. A new Forestmen's Crossing would be a big hit, especially if it includes a printed baseplate!

I actually agree.

Funny, I was just looking at the 3-in-1 castle this morning, and musing that it was a good fit for creator. 

I recognize the concessions made for the line, but there’s cool detail in there too, and I think it is is a fine addition to what has been a very sparse castle landscape for a long time.

It’s not perfect, but it’s also good, and I can do what I want to make it great.

Well, I poked around a little on Bricklink now that the piece inventory for this set is on there, and nope, it doesn't seem like the tree can be completely built using reddish-brown parts. But you can get close enough, so I may still give that a go, just for fun. Similarly, I'll be curious to see if the trees around Lion Knight's Castle can be color-swapped from black to reddish-brown. Might be a fun, light mod to make.

10 minutes ago, Mr Maniac said:

Well, I poked around a little on Bricklink now that the piece inventory for this set is on there, and nope, it doesn't seem like the tree can be completely built using reddish-brown parts. But you can get close enough, so I may still give that a go, just for fun. Similarly, I'll be curious to see if the trees around Lion Knight's Castle can be color-swapped from black to reddish-brown. Might be a fun, light mod to make.

You can buy the entire part lists on Pick a brick if you type the set in, I’m doing that right now buying doubles for another lookout post lolol they are not selling the shields and torso as of yet but everything in the set brick wise is free game at the moment! Lol

My biggest mistake is not doing this while it was x2 vip points omggg

Edited by eldiano

1 minute ago, eldiano said:

everything in the set brick wise is free game at the moment

Well that's good to know! Thanks for that information. That being said I'm still figuring out possible workarounds to getting a tree looking close enough to the shaping of the actual Forest Hideout GWP but without it being completely in black.

So far more parts than I thought are available in reddish-brown (including the handlebars used to hold some of those leaf pieces, surprisingly), but some of them only appear in black or light-bluish grey. So I may need to swap out some of the bricks, but that's the magic of LEGO, I suppose.

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

You can buy the entire part lists on Pick a brick if you type the set in

You cannot purchase part 30987 (tall 2x2 quarter round) in black.  It's on PAB in several other colors including reddish brown, so I imagine black is coming eventually.  It'll also cost you quite a bit more to buy most parts from PAB than Bricklink, double VIP points is only 10% off, which is nothing to get too excited about.

6 hours ago, jodawill said:

The differentiation between Creator/Creator 3in1 and Creator Expert/18+/Icons is pretty difficult to see sometimes. They can't decide on a name for it, with the LEGO website still saying Creator Expert as the label. Not all of the sets in the Creator 3in1 theme on the website are actually 3in1. And the mini London bus (Creator Expert) and the tuktuk or high speed train (Creator 3in1) appear similar in their complexity, but are in different theme.

I'd love to see some more forestmen sets, and more from the castle theme in general. I don't really mind where they put them. Having a molded horse (and other animals) would be good. And while that so far appears to have been a difference with 3in1 vs Expert, they make the rules, so they can change them.

I like the 3in1 castle for it's simplicity relative to the new one. It means my five year old can play with it and it's easy to bring back to standard if I want, vs something more complex which takes more effort. But personally I prefer the great detail/complexity, as many of my sets end up in my home office, so I see them all the time, and the build is often more fun.

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

You can buy the entire part lists on Pick a brick if you type the set in.

You can buy all the elements from that set that are currently available on PAB. So it's a filter function only. Those elements that are not on PAB (mostly the 2022 new parts and any licensed ones) will not appear. Hopefully the 2022 elements will appear on there soon.

1 hour ago, iragm said:

You cannot purchase part 30987 (tall 2x2 quarter round) in black.  It's on PAB in several other colors including reddish brown, so I imagine black is coming eventually.  It'll also cost you quite a bit more to buy most parts from PAB than Bricklink, double VIP points is only 10% off, which is nothing to get too excited about.

65usd on bricklink versus 34usd on PAB for the majority with shipping and taxes on both, PAB has been the clear winner in the past for me, but i'm also studying what parts i can try to convert to brown, the 2022 parts are not there yet but still, 228 bricks available from Lego is a good start! 

Be patient also  ;) both this and hinge plate are the only OOS bricks so far:

HINGE PLATE 1X2, NO. 2

Element
Design Number

WALL 2X2X5, 1/4 CIRCLE, W/ CUTOUT

This part is out of stock. If you submit your request, we’ll get in touch to let you know when it’s expected back or to offer you a substitute.

Color Black
Description Black
Category Frames, Windows, Walls And Doors
Element 6399239
Design Number 30987

Edited by eldiano

20 hours ago, Rattlebricks said:

There has been various castle/fantasy minifigs on CMF throughout the years but I'd prefer battlepack so we could get 5 different minifigs in one batch instead of having to wait another year for another new CMF.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that battle packs generally introduce no more than two or three new and unique decorations, with the rest repurposed from other playsets — so while they can be great for providing minifig parts in quantity, they aren't going to take the place of the variety you might get from CMFs.

That said, I'm sure even a forest people battle pack with two or three new torso decorations coupled with pre-existing face prints and unprinted legs, hats, and accessories would be enough to make a lot of people happy! And there is precedent for generic/themeless minifig accessory sets, though most of them have focused on modern-day and/or seasonal figures rather than on historic or medieval fantasy figures. So something like this wouldn't be totally out of the question!

Anyway, on the subject of the forest hideout, I was a doofus and forgot to place an order during the week that it was available (I've fallen out of practice when it comes to buying sets with any sort of urgency), so I hope the rumors of the offer getting brought back in August are true. Because it's definitely a very charming set that'd make a lovely companion piece to the Lion Knights' Castle and Medieval Blacksmith. :classic:

4 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Funny, I was just looking at the 3-in-1 castle this morning, and musing that it was a good fit for creator. 

I think the 3 in 1 castle is one of my favourite post 1995 castles to date.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, KuhlAidMan said:

Do you think Lego will do a new 3 in 1 with the forest theme?

16 hours ago, Black Feather said:

Forestmen would be perfect for 3 in 1.

I think we could get a forestmen figure in a 3 in 1 creator set (would have worked well in the current 3 in 1 castle), and that a 3 in 1 forestmen set would be great.  However, I think an out-and-out forestmen 3 in 1 creator set is quite unlikely.  I don't think it has that widely recognisable feel of a stand-alone set characteristic of a particular genre, like a pirate ship or a castle.