1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

In arranging things in our new house, I've just been struck by the thought of combining this with the 21318 Ideas Tree House to make a full Forestmen HQ to rival the 90th anniversary castle. Very tempting.

I actually bought an extra treehouse with the intention of doing something similar (along with a Monkie Kid Flower Fruit Mountain), but haven't made the time to crack open the boxes and get started. I may even tear down my existing treehouse set for more parts, but that's harder to justify since it's the one set I've added a light kit to.

12 hours ago, Triceron said:

Huh, they softened the features of the Deer's face.  Interesting.

Can't say I mind that change, myself — the smoother contours feel a bit more "LEGO-like", IMO! The deer charge also looks a bit more centered on the green field.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

In arranging things in our new house, I've just been struck by the thought of combining this with the 21318 Ideas Tree House to make a full Forestmen HQ to rival the 90th anniversary castle. Very tempting.

With a black treehouse and a blue roof on the treehouse, right? That seems solid.

Edited by General Magma

I thought the shields were exactly the same (other than the brown to reddish brown which I only thought of because I know the color changed but didn’t really notice visually either).  It wasn’t until they were blown up and side to side that I can see there are differences.  But the differences aren’t really significant enough to me to have a preference of one over the other.

They're subtle enough where I'm totally okay with them used together.  I feel like the new Falcon shields are way more different than the old ones that make em stand out a lot more, they don't have the big blue borders around them.

I'm interested in seeing what updates we get with the Lion crests.  Hopefully they come in both versions of colors, and veeerryyy much hoping they appear in PAB like the Falcon shields and torsos are right now.  I kinda wish I knew about PAB earlier, as I would have probably got ~$30 worth of figures and start a little army going instead of dropping $50 on a Santa sleigh.

Edited by Triceron

13 hours ago, unclejeffie said:

Already going for 40 euro on the aftermarket. Crazy 😳

Prices are dropping in real time. I'm seeing them for less than $40 shipped.

Which is kinda worth it IMO...

Just had a look through the PDF building instructions on LEGO.com! The main thing I noticed that I hadn't before is that the 5x6 limb elements/leaf clusters and the 2x2 round plates on the ground are all Bright Green, not Dark Green (classic LEGO green). I certainly don't mind, since color variations in patches of grass/moss/leaves honestly boost their visual appeal and realism IMO, but it did catch me slightly by surprise.

It also surprised me that while the cover of the manual more or less matches the box's "throwback" look, the interior pages are more in line with other 18+ sets — a grey backdrop, white text, and red outlines on pieces as they are being added. Kinda wish they'd gone with a retro yellow-orange gradient backdrop on the interior pages too just to tie everything together, but the booklet still definitely gets a thumbs up from me in terms of readability (even with all the criss-crossing branches that are added towards the end of the build).

29 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

The main thing I noticed that I hadn't before is that the 5x6 limb elements/leaf clusters and the 2x2 round plates on the ground are all Bright Green, not Dark Green (classic LEGO green).

Yeah I saw that too in instructions, after looking up the foilage parts, the 31120 castle used the bright green color as well.

Surprisingly the smaller 4x3 leaf part never was made in bright green , its regular green in this set.

7 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

what did you have in mind?

6 hours ago, mvLego said:

I actually bought an extra treehouse with the intention of doing something similar (along with a Monkie Kid Flower Fruit Mountain), but haven't made the time to crack open the boxes and get started. I may even tear down my existing treehouse set for more parts, but that's harder to justify since it's the one set I've added a light kit to.

Mine is currently covered in an additional 2500 flowers for a springtime look, plus a lighting kit. I'd prefer not to break it apart. But I also have another, so would use that.

5 hours ago, General Magma said:

With a black treehouse and a blue roof on the treehouse, right? That seems solid.

I think I'd go for brown for the tree to be honest. I know, I know, but at that size it would feel like too much black. I also only ever had 6066 Camouflaged Outpost as a kid, and the tree parts of that always looked more like overgrowth than a tree because of the battlements in black too. But yes, blue roofs.

24 minutes ago, natesroom said:

what did you have in mind?

Not really sure. It's just a good, sturdy tree structure, with decent levels and access. You could easily add fortifications to a chunk of it. Perhaps the tree is the main tower in a corner and then a small area built off it around the base too. Lookout tower poking out the top. Just something to rival the castle.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm probably imagining an updated, larger scale version of 6066 Camouflaged Outpost!

I recreated the New Shield design if anyone wants it. I have it in Vector Format (.AI)

image.png.472a3c9afee020af5c267e904cc132b9.png

Edited by natesroom

6 minutes ago, natesroom said:

I recreated the New Shield design if anyone wants it. I have it in Vector Format (.AI)

image.png.472a3c9afee020af5c267e904cc132b9.png

Well that’s cool! I wouldn’t mind having that file. 

So far multiple reports from Netherlands/Belgium/UK that Hideout is shipped seperately from the rest of order.

It caused some confusion yesterday as the delivery was before tracking info was updated, eventually showing it was 2 packages.

54 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

So far multiple reports from Netherlands/Belgium/UK that Hideout is shipped seperately from the rest of order.

It caused some confusion yesterday as the delivery was before tracking info was updated, eventually showing it was 2 packages.

That’s a relief to hear as I just got one of my orders but no hideout to be seen.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

It caused some confusion yesterday as the delivery was before tracking info was updated, eventually showing it was 2 packages

Can confirm, today I received Ferrari in separate box as Hideout, but it was same order at DPD tracking and came at the same time.

I was surprised immediately the first glance I looked at this yellow box, Lego definitely won't, and shouldn't make it 1:1 but it's so great that they bring it back the feeling of the time of Lego system....

I'm unable to figure out what I can buy in Lego shop for $150 or more to get this free set. However, I'm waiting it to be sold in after-sales market and it is expected to sold for $40 or more, Lego marks its price $24.99 though.

You could try cheesing the system. I did once by returning my order after a 2X VIP event that happened right before black friday, impulse buy.  Bought the Medieval Castle 3-in-1, but Blacksmith was on sale on Amazon so I returned the 3-in-1.  I returned it to the Lego store and the guy said he could give me a gift card back for the purchase, but I needed to return the GWP or pay the difference.  Luckily the guy was super nice and let me keep the GWP no charge because it was around Christmas, dude was awesome.

I figure if you pay the difference it'd be like buying the set direct.  You're just tying up cash on a gift card, but that can be used towards your next online purchase anyways when better stuff comes out.

Of course, mileage may vary.  I'm not sure if all places hold this policy.

Edited by Triceron

On 6/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, Agent Kallus said:

That’s a relief to hear as I just got one of my orders but no hideout to be seen.

All is well. got 2 more parcels today, one was a lone forest hideout and the other was my other online order, with another forest hideout... and maybe I have a third one that I got from an instore purchase... but I've used up all my lego budget for may, june and July across 2 days... it was worth it though.

I've built one of the hideouts already but with the other 2 I think will see what I can make with just the parts from the 2 copies of the same set.

In the pick a brick section, set 40567 comes up. However no torso's or shields. Does this mean it will never come up on PaB?

19 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

In the pick a brick section, set 40567 comes up. However no torso's or shields. Does this mean it will never come up on PaB?

No, they might well be available later.  The black falcon torsos didn't show up there for a while (months?) after the blacksmith release.

6 minutes ago, iragm said:

No, they might well be available later.  The black falcon torsos didn't show up there for a while (months?) after the blacksmith release.

Hope yet remains...

Brickhunter bot found it:

New Part

MINI SHIELD, NO. 15

Found in set: 40567

Category: coming soon

Design Nr: 69360

Element Nr: 6315053

Color: Red. Brown

Licensed: No

My order arrived today, I placed it pretty much at midnight on the 15th.  Interestingly, mine was all in one package (three sets + the Aston Martin + the Forest Hideout).  Maybe the separate orders was only for parts of Europe?

Anyway, I've started to build some of the sets I got, but haven't built the Forest Hideout yet.  I must say, the box looks fantastic, and I'm really excited to get it built.

Built mine this afternoon.  Awesome GWP set!  Looks really nice with the "modern" rounded parts compared to the 45 degree angles of yesteryear.  Handlebars as tree branches really works well, I'd never thought of usig those elements in a tree and I'll definitely be doing that with some MOCs!