I'm surprised there's conflicting information here on Pick a Brick counting towards the goal.  Really wonder what the issue is.

I am very selective on GWP, I tend to only fill the threshold with sets that are LEGO exclusive, and have been longer on the wishlist (usually smaller stuff like seasonals , but recently multiple City and even 3-in-1 sets have become LEGO exclusives in my area)

Edited by TeriXeri

18 minutes ago, Triceron said:

I'm surprised there's conflicting information here on Pick a Brick counting towards the goal.  Really wonder what the issue is.

I was one of the ones who said it didn’t. That was a mistake because I was looking at the total ($150 and change), rather than the subtotal (which was under the threshold). 

I've often heard it doesn't but it's always worked for me, so long as it's not the only thing I'm buying.

Anyone else constantly checking their order to see when it ships? It's been a very long time since I've been excited about receiving an online purchase from lego.com 

20 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Opting out of getting this one right now since there isn't anywhere near $150 worth of sets that I want. Had the Viking ship come out in the US this month instead of August it would have been a no-brainer. Funny thing is I'll probably pay quite a lot to get it from Bricklink, but not $150, making it worth it!

What viking ship?

Got mine with the farm set, the goat boat, 3 build a minifig and had to grab a small baseplate to get to the threshold at my local lego store can't wait to build it this weekend.  

1 hour ago, Shroffy123 said:

Anyone else constantly checking their order to see when it ships? It's been a very long time since I've been excited about receiving an online purchase from lego.com 

Me too!  It helps that I've been looking forward to some of the sets I ordered as well, so my whole order should be pretty fun once I get it.  This GWP is just the cherry on top.

8 minutes ago, Rand Holindale said:

Here’s a side by side of the vintage and gwp Forest Hideout.  

So lucky to get one of these! It goes well with my original.  Can’t wait to get the large castle in August   

Nice! Thanks for the pic. Looking forward to having both of these side by side. 

Edit: any way you can take a pic of the new/old shields next to each other?

Edited by SirBlake

10 hours ago, Triceron said:

In the terms and conditions LEGO also indicates Bricks and Pieces orders don't count towards the threshold, even though Bricks and Pieces no longer actually exists as a service. They need to stop cutting and pasting old terms!

Just finished building it. This is hands down the best GWP yet! Now we only need the torsos and shields in PaB/BaM.

Edited by R0Sch

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Just finished building it. This is hands down the best GWP yet! Now we only need the torsos and shields in PaB/BaM.

Yeah I hope so too but don’t think they will, since that would kind of make the gwp obsolete won’t it? Maybe in a looong while.

Edited by Ravelino

They said would release new pieces after 90 days from now on.  But they haven’t done that.  The dark brown saddle and blue forestman hat came out in January then disappeared and doesn’t even show up as out of stock since they redid everything.  But the dark orange horse which was released in the same set as the dark brown saddle did come back.  So confusing and annoying.  I wasn’t happy with the 90 day thing but not earth shattering of actually kept their word and stuck to it.  But they haven’t even done that.  So who knows when the parts will be available if ever.  Still waiting on parts that came out six months ago.

28 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

They said would release new pieces after 90 days from now on.  But they haven’t done that.  The dark brown saddle and blue forestman hat came out in January then disappeared and doesn’t even show up as out of stock since they redid everything.  But the dark orange horse which was released in the same set as the dark brown saddle did come back.  So confusing and annoying.  I wasn’t happy with the 90 day thing but not earth shattering of actually kept their word and stuck to it.  But they haven’t even done that.  So who knows when the parts will be available if ever.  Still waiting on parts that came out six months ago.

The 90 day thing was from a CS rep, but was then later denied by LEGO in a statement (through LAN, I think), saying that they didn't have specific plans for when new parts would be available.

In arranging things in our new house, I've just been struck by the thought of combining this with the 21318 Ideas Tree House to make a full Forestmen HQ to rival the 90th anniversary castle. Very tempting.