Late to the party as I had built this quite sometimes back and I can't hold back my excitement for this incredible re-released LEGO Classic Castle, including the actual comparison with my classic version. :wub: 

52276493969_e29160c794_o_d.jpg

52276712450_fe444c48b9_o_d.jpg

52275254877_abc80f3184_b_d.jpg

I created a separate thread to show this off but I wanted to share it here too. I built this using two of the Forest Hideout sets along with a bunch of other bricks from my stockpile. I'm really happy with how it turned out. More pictures are available here: https://imgur.com/a/DfEn1Ji

2mjMdJ8.jpg

56 minutes ago, Warbinator said:

I created a separate thread to show this off but I wanted to share it here too. I built this using two of the Forest Hideout sets along with a bunch of other bricks from my stockpile. I'm really happy with how it turned out. More pictures are available here: https://imgur.com/a/DfEn1Ji

That looks really good! I hope we get some more torsos and brown hats soon for MOCs like this. 

21 hours ago, Warbinator said:

Lovely work! It definitely fits the revamped design language of the Forest Hideout, and I really like your decision to add some lilypads to the water's surface! I kind of wish the back surface looked less repetitive/plain, but I suppose the same applied to the original set. Also, really glad to see that you added ladders and a second floor to the interior!

Out of curiosity, have you thought of adding any sort of cage/jail cell for intruders, since you removed the one the original set had at its base? Or did you just decide you preferred it without that sort of detail?

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Lovely work! It definitely fits the revamped design language of the Forest Hideout, and I really like your decision to add some lilypads to the water's surface! I kind of wish the back surface looked less repetitive/plain, but I suppose the same applied to the original set. Also, really glad to see that you added ladders and a second floor to the interior!

Out of curiosity, have you thought of adding any sort of cage/jail cell for intruders, since you removed the one the original set had at its base? Or did you just decide you preferred it without that sort of detail?

I might modify the back so that it's not quire as wide. I don't mind that it's plan, since that matches the original, but it does seem wider than it should be. I'm going to have to consider making some changes to make the back more narrow.

I kind of felt that the jail cell was always a bit half-baked, with it only being three bricks tall and just open to the air above. I opted not to include it and to focus on making two complete floors with room for a ladder.

On 8/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, WhiteFang said:

Late to the party as I had built this quite sometimes back and I can't hold back my excitement for this incredible re-released LEGO Classic Castle, including the actual comparison with my classic version. :wub: 

Thanks for the comparison photos! I'm quite content with the new one, I don't feel any need to hunt out a used copy of the original.

Managed to get lucky and snagged a used listing on Bricklink for $40 CAD shipped. Time will tell if it's actually complete or not but fingers crossed!

On 8/13/2022 at 1:00 AM, Sir Dano said:

Managed to get lucky and snagged a used listing on Bricklink for $40 CAD shipped. Time will tell if it's actually complete or not but fingers crossed!

LcaJy2E.jpeg

Fun little set, definitely should have been offered at regular retail instead of as a GWP.

Edited by Sir Dano

Wonderful to have the deer mould now. It is matching perfectly with the Forest guardians ! 

*Looking at the Santa's sleigh set*  

On 8/20/2022 at 3:05 AM, Khargeust said:

Wonderful to have the deer mould now. It is matching perfectly with the Forest guardians ! 

*Looking at the Santa's sleigh set*  

Worth every penny! Those deer aren't cheap so four in one set is a great deal. I took two and have the other two sealed in case I ever get motivated enough to sell them.

Gonna keep getting as many as I can. This set is awesome. Not sure how some dealers are ending up with multiples but I guess it makes sense considering they were so sparse to begin with.

The other day, my son came up with the idea to have the forest woman on a raft going through a tunnel. I helped him rework it into this:

https://imgur.com/a/HH3ltWS

People normally only make forestmen hideouts in the forest. I thought it would be cool to reverse the roles here and have the black falcons guarding a hideout in the woods. They're looking for outlaws, but this one slipped through unnoticed!

We made this almost exclusively from two copies of the GWP, with the exceptions being obvious.

Edited by jodawill

9 hours ago, jodawill said:

The other day, my son came up with the idea to have the forest woman on a raft going through a tunnel. I helped him rework it into this:

https://imgur.com/a/HH3ltWS

People normally only make forestmen hideouts in the forest. I thought it would be cool to reverse the roles here and have the black falcons guarding a hideout in the woods. They're looking for outlaws, but this one slipped through unnoticed!

We made this almost exclusively from two copies of the GWP, with the exceptions being obvious.

Great, I love it. Is the bard in league with the BF, or is trying to distract them so the forestwoman can escape unseen, or is he just neutral ? 😉

10 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Great, I love it. Is the bard in league with the BF, or is trying to distract them so the forestwoman can escape unseen, or is he just neutral ? 😉

That's a good question. My thought was that he's just a neutral 3rd party enjoying the spring weather. But you can imagine him to be anything you like!

Hey that half wall piece from this set is available at PAB at the moment in black finally, looks like it just got updated to the website!