Well, I threatened to skip it on general principle. Stoopid TLG making stuff I want and making me jump through hoops to get it. Said I got the little Aston Martin too. Didn’t know they’d send two GWP in one order. 

4 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Well, I threatened to skip it on general principle. Stoopid TLG making stuff I want and making me jump through hoops to get it. Said I got the little Aston Martin too. Didn’t know they’d send two GWP in one order. 

You can get even more in the stores.  I think also coinciding today in store is a ~10-pc oldschool classic bricks polybag duck, and a Ninjago polybag for anything Ninjago over $40

It seems standard pieces don’t count. I had $152 ($24 standard PaB) in my cart; didn’t qualify. Added a $30 set and got the hideout. 

EDIT: it was late and I was looking at the price with tax. Standard parts DO count. 

Edited by morthaur

Opting out of getting this one right now since there isn't anywhere near $150 worth of sets that I want. Had the Viking ship come out in the US this month instead of August it would have been a no-brainer. Funny thing is I'll probably pay quite a lot to get it from Bricklink, but not $150, making it worth it!

27 minutes ago, JamesBenjamin said:

I intended to check in the morning but my 4 year old had a nightmare and after getting her to the potty then back to bed I thought I'd check real quick and DOH! it was only 11:45. Stayed up till midnight and was able to order with no trouble, so I've got mine and we'll see how long the GWP lasts. Hopefully a few days so everyone can get one.

I'm also blaming being woken up by the little ones for buying a lego transformer I don't really need just to get this set....

I haven't received an email yet, and my card shows they only charged $5.78. Is anyone else having similar issues?

I ordered the Duplo Chinese house for my kids and a dozen black falcon minifigures from PAB.

10 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Opting out of getting this one right now since there isn't anywhere near $150 worth of sets that I want. Had the Viking ship come out in the US this month instead of August it would have been a no-brainer. Funny thing is I'll probably pay quite a lot to get it from Bricklink, but not $150, making it worth it!

It's probably worth waiting until August 2 as it appears the GWP will be coming back then. So may be sets available that you actually want.

And the email confirmation of the order and GWP came through. Hurrah!

I originally had planned on getting the DeLorean and snagging the promo that way, but that was sold out both online and in my local store.  One of the employees there told me a few weeks ago that this specific store tends to get deliveries mid-week, so while there was a chance that they'd have some in stock tomorrow, I wasn't willing to risk not getting the promo.  

Instead, I picked the Winnie the Pooh set, as I'd wanted it anyway, and then threw in the Mandalorian Forge and Fish Tank, both sets I'd been eyeing for a bit.  

I think if the promo comes back in August, I'll just get the DeLorean then and get another Forestmen GWP, and either sell it and recoup some of the set's cost, or keep a second one for myself.

48 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It's probably worth waiting until August 2 as it appears the GWP will be coming back then. So may be sets available that you actually want.

And the email confirmation of the order and GWP came through. Hurrah!

Even better! Hope that's the case. Do you remember where you saw that?

The set doesn’t appear in my cart even though I’m well over the threshold. Anyone else have this problem? I tried today at 00:00 too.

1 hour ago, Bainter-ban said:

The set doesn’t appear in my cart even though I’m well over the threshold. Anyone else have this problem? I tried today at 00:00 too.

11 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Not sure if this can help you...

I've made my order some minutes after midnight even if the Forest Hideout GWP wasn't in my bag (ok, not the most intelligent thing to do, I admit).

In the mail I received with the order confirmation the GWP is in.

I hope there will not be problems.

Try at your own risk :classic:

image.png.c9824af65ded6250dd5cafe4b4bd8f33.png

I also did, but I risked it and ordered anyway and it appeared in my email confirmation just likew it did for @BrickMatit. try at your own risk. (I did it twice actually, 2 separate orders so 2 forest hideouts, I ordered Ninjago city gardens, and the Monkie Kid Fruit flower mountain) 

But look back through the thread forother peoples stratgies, trie cleaing cookies or using a new browser, or order without it appearing in your cart and hope it's in the confirmation email. (but again don't blame me if the risk doesn't pay off, it should do though, but they may be running out of stock)

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I also did, but I risked it and ordered anyway and it appeared in my email confirmation just likew it did for @BrickMatit. try at your own risk. (I did it twice actually, 2 separate orders so 2 forest hideouts, I ordered Ninjago city gardens, and the Monkie Kid Fruit flower mountain) 

But look back through the thread forother peoples stratgies, trie cleaing cookies or using a new browser, or order without it appearing in your cart and hope it's in the confirmation email. (but again don't blame me if the risk doesn't pay off, it should do though, but they may be running out of stock)

Thank you! It appeared in my cart after I logged in and out of my Lego account. Made two orders as well, and had to log in and out both times. 

5 hours ago, jodawill said:

I ordered the Duplo Chinese house for my kids and a dozen black falcon minifigures from PAB.

Slightly off-topic, but what country are you in? I've been waiting patiently for Black Falcon to return to Irish/EU store for a long time now with no luck.

In the Netherlands it will not be included in the shoppingcart, anyone else has the same issue?

Never mind, saw the earlier replies. No luck though, will probably await august (hopefully)

Edited by Deivit

24 minutes ago, Deivit said:

In the Netherlands it will not be included in the shoppingcart, anyone else has the same issue?

Never mind, saw the earlier replies. No luck though, will probably await august (hopefully)

I ordered from the Netherlands this morning. But on a machine I didn't try ordering with earlier in the night (so no cookies, etc) and got the GWP

I'm back from the store and the hideout is gorgeous. :wub:

Maybe it's my imagination, but the box art looks so much better than contemporary sets; love especially the pictures on the back even though there are no alternative builds shown. I had never any of the vintage boxes in my hands before, but this certainly feels really close to it.

This is certainly the best GWP I've ever been able to get, and if Lego decides to make something similar for Pirates, City or Space in the future, then I'm all for it!

For me clearing cookies/changing browser/login out and back in didn't work. In the end i just made the order without seeing it in the cart and fortunately it appeared in the email confirmation. Still stupid from Lego side if you ask me...

5 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Thank you! It appeared in my cart after I logged in and out of my Lego account.

I had to do this too.

*Sigh* I ended up ordering the Monkie Kid Galactic Explorer, which I would have passed on normally, just to get this set. Every other set I want I either already have, or is out in August.

51 minutes ago, danth said:

I had to do this too.

*Sigh* I ended up ordering the Monkie Kid Galactic Explorer, which I would have passed on normally, just to get this set. Every other set I want I either already have, or is out in August.

The GWP is rumored to come back in August. The info comes from Tiago catarino. In the description of his review on the set on YouTube he writes that the GWP will be reactivated from 2nd to 14th of August. I decided to gamble. But maybe I end up buying stuff I don't really need tomorrow ;-)

I ordered 3 other sets that are going out op print. Might sell them to recup some costs.

also i wonder why ordering 2 as stated that only 1 each household is able to get them? 
are they not checking accounts then?

I’m the oddball out I guess, LOL rather than spending 150 on lego for sets i don’t need at the moment, i managed to get one on ebay for 40 bucks, we will see!!! Average price they have been posting is from 40-70 on average!

7 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I’m the oddball out I guess, LOL rather than spending 150 on lego for sets i don’t need at the moment, i managed to get one on ebay for 40 bucks, we will see!!! Average price they have been posting is from 40-70 on average!

Well arguably I don't need any Lego sets but the things I got were on my wishlist, not random extras. I also got some pick a brick.

9 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well arguably I don't need any Lego sets but the things I got were on my wishlist, not random extras. I also got some pick a brick.

Funny you mentioned the wishlist because it was the first place I ran to in the website, but 6 out 9 sets were sold out or discontinued, I’m waiting on the new Harry Potter sets but I don’t even know if this GWP would be available by that time.

Right now it’s somewhat the perfect time to snatch one on the third market because they don’t understand the demand for this set yet.  The person I bought mine from sold 2 in the last hour though.