5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Oh, that review is fantastic! And watching the speed build in slow motion helped me to figure out the specifics I needed to correct the remaining errors in my own copy of your stud.io file.

I'm glad to see there's a ladder inside — I figured there might be but couldn't tell for sure in any of the official pics we've seen. The completed structure also appears to be plenty sturdy in spite of it complexity, and that the foliage is spread out nicely from all angles (whether the model is open or closed). And the interior is reasonably spacious for the model's size — though it is a shame that there are no clips inside to hang the forestwoman's sword from like there was for the forestman's sword in the original set.

I'm excited to play around with some of the building techniques from this set, and perhaps try and update some of the other classic Forestmen sets to fit this modernized style! I'm sure others will be trying the same thing, possibly more successfully than I will, but I still enjoy that sort of experimentation for its own sake.

I'm not sure what the chances of getting blue and black versions of this forestman torso would be, but even if we don't end up getting any, you could probably modify the red version to create a black version just by filling in the red portions with some type of black ink. And I'm sure there are plenty of folks in the Minifig Customization Workshop subforum who'd eagerly recreate these graphics for use as waterslide decals in any color of your choice. Fingers crossed that we will in fact get more "official" forest people torsos, though!

A forestmen-themed Creator 3-in-1 set would be AMAZING, honestly — after all, the theme has had loads of treehouse sets over the years, and forest hideouts would have similar appeal while also standing out nicely from more modern treehouse designs from themes like Friends and Creator 3-in-1.

That said, I suspect a Creator 3-in-1 forest hideout or stronghold would probably use shades of brown for the tree bark and branches (and possibly more varied shades of grey and green for stone and foliage elements), since they'd be targeted more towards kids who have fewer nostalgia-driven expectations for the set's colors and motifs (unlike this GWP, which is specifically being marketed as a celebration of a specific set from LEGO's 90-year history).

The forestman's head is originally from the Rocket Stunt Bike set, and was also used for one of the Black Falcon knights from the Castle in the Forest! The forestwoman's head features a much more generic face print that's appeared in numerous sets and themes over the past dozen years or so.

Ah, thx for the info, so only the torso & shield are unique parts. Glad that at least the torso has been upgraded :)

Edited by Rattlebricks

Starting to see high quality pics of this set, and I must say, the new forestmen torso is super nice. Much better than the blurry sneak peak in the BttF video would suggest. That’s cool to see. 

Also, don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but the new shield appears to be pretty much identical to the original except for a very thin black border around the green. I suspect the print will be more bold as well. We’ll have to see when someone gets side-by-side pics. 

13 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Starting to see high quality pics of this set, and I must say, the new forestmen torso is super nice. Much better than the blurry sneak peak in the BttF video would suggest. That’s cool to see. 

Also, don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but the new shield appears to be pretty much identical to the original except for a very thin black border around the green. I suspect the print will be more bold as well. We’ll have to see when someone gets side-by-side pics. 

Based on pic, the old ones seems to be in darker colour. The new torso is double sided printed.

Edited by Rattlebricks

If anything, robot hoodlum nexo robot will have a home for some people who don't have forestmen of old (like me).

LEGO_nex107_Robot_Hoodlum_40Thief_Bot41_iloveblokjes.nl_S67d50c4d_800x.jpg?v=1598300404

(yes I know nexo knight ,blasphemy, not classic)

Edited by TeriXeri

30 minutes ago, Rattlebricks said:

The new torso is double sided printed.

Is that right? I hadn’t seen that yet. Even better. The print on the front is pretty great. A fitting modernization of a classic like the Black Falcon update. 

It sounds like we’re in for a similar treatment with the upcoming lions. 

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Is that right? I hadn’t seen that yet. Even better. The print on the front is pretty great. A fitting modernization of a classic like the Black Falcon update. 

It sounds like we’re in for a similar treatment with the upcoming lions. 

Yea, I saw the review video last night by accident, its printed. The red collar is on both sides and there's a shade of crease of the fabric at the back, just like the Black falcon update,   a nice  little touch. 

This makes me having somewhat an even higher expectation for the Lion castle :D

Edited by Rattlebricks

So any one know how timezones factor into this?  I'm on West Coast Canada.  Just want to make sure it'd be 9pm PST, and not 12am PST wait.  I think it's nation-wide counting for online purchases right?

11 minutes ago, Rattlebricks said:

Yea, I saw the review video last night by accident, its printed. The red collar is on both sides and there's a shade of crease of the fabric at the back, just like the Black falcon update,   a nice  little tough. 

This makes me having somewhat an even higher expectation for the Lion castle :D

Yeah I just found a video showing the back. Cool that this one is done right.

VIP is offline in USA. Unable to access it to redeem points. Very poor timing. Grrr. Guess the system is overloaded or something. 

I'm passing by a lego store on the way home from work tomorrow and will try and get it hopefully there will be some left.  

36 minutes ago, Triceron said:

So any one know how timezones factor into this?  I'm on West Coast Canada.  Just want to make sure it'd be 9pm PST, and not 12am PST wait.  I think it's nation-wide counting for online purchases right?

I'd like to know this as well

i want to get the blacksmith...its 149.99 will that qualify? tax makes it 158

Edited by natesroom

1 minute ago, natesroom said:

i want to get the blacksmith...its 149.99 will that qualify? tax makes it 158

Tax does not factor into it, you need to reach the threshold before taxes.

I'm not sure what the threshold is in USD unfortunately.  Blacksmith here in CAD is $199.99 before taxes, and GWP is $190 and over so it works for us

3 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

In the US everything goes by EST.  So I am in MST and it will be 10pm when I can get it.  Assume Canada is the same but not sure.

Okay that's good to hear.  Thanks for the confirmation, I think Canada works on EST as well.  Had a friend wait for 9pm day before June 1st for the release of the Ferrari, so that was the first time I was aware of timezone shenanigans.

On 6/6/2022 at 12:56 PM, morthaur said:

It says Bricks and Pieces orders do not qualify, but Pick a Brick should, right?

Has anyone tried/confirmed whether Pick a Brick qualifies for this one?

Pretty sure pick a brick counts.  Always has for me.  Only have $50 of pick a brick right now in my cart and the car GWP is in my cart.  I think both standard and best sellers count and that language hasn’t been updated since they killed bricks and pieces and replaced with this combined thing.  But I only have best sellers in my cart.

I've been a mature and responsible adult. No, wait, I've stayed up, watching LEGO Masters Australia and dismantling Welcome to Apocalypseburg to make room for the new stuff. Let the ordering begin!

I intended to check in the morning but my 4 year old had a nightmare and after getting her to the potty then back to bed I thought I'd check real quick and DOH! it was only 11:45. Stayed up till midnight and was able to order with no trouble, so I've got mine and we'll see how long the GWP lasts. Hopefully a few days so everyone can get one.

On west coast. It is available now. Said I qualified for it, along with the Aston Martin set. Hopefully all works out