3 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

I feel extremely confident that this promo will return in August. So if you don't get it in June, you will have another opportunity. 

Based on what are you that confident. Did this happen before? Or is it more hope :)

2 minutes ago, hoppa said:

Based on what are you that confident. Did this happen before? Or is it more hope :)

It has happened before, but as far as I know only when the GWP's weren't all taken during the first run.

I doubt it will return in august. Simply put, lego will get an extra 150 income from each gwp they have as people who wants them will go for it. And will buy the anniversary castle either way.  It will sell out in 1 day. Everything castle sells like hot cakes nowadays. Just check out the BAM minifigures.. 

and FOMO will hit hard.

Edited by unclejeffie

35 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

I doubt it will return in august. Simply put, lego will get an extra 150 income from each gwp they have as people who wants them will go for it. And will buy the anniversary castle either way.  It will sell out in 1 day. Everything castle sells like hot cakes nowadays. Just check out the BAM minifigures.. 

and FOMO will hit hard.

You've seen medieval BAM in the LEGO shops here? Because I don't see any new medieval torso's in the BAM section of the online store.

At the moment I don't need or want any of the current available sets, but the Forest Hideout is so appealing I'm going to buy stuff anyway, just like LEGO wants. I just made a list with presents for my family later this year.

Is it possible to get more than one GWP by making multiple purchases? One per household is too sparse, as I want it for myself, but also for my kids. If only it was buyable!

We don't see nostalgic sets very often, especially so small. I'm still in love with Benny's Space Squad :wub:.

Edited by Wesley D

23 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

At the moment I don't need or want any of the current available sets, but the Forest Hideout is so appealing I'm going to buy stuff anyway, just like LEGO wants. I just made a list with presents for my family later this year.

Is it possible to get more than one GWP by making multiple purchases? One per household is too sparse, as I want it for myself, but also for my kids. If only it was buyable!

We don't see nostalgic sets very often, especially so small. I'm still in love with Benny's Space Squad :wub:.

In the past I've had several GWP. Each order you place that meets the threshold will usually qualify for the GWP, but they do have to be separate orders. I say usually because there have been reports of people having a GWP show up in their cart during the second order, but then it being cancelled later on. I recall it being in Europe that this happened, so there's a chance it may happen for you, but it seems unlikely. FWIW, I usually place a second order on the second day of the promotion, because although I sometimes like to get two, I prefer others to get one, given the availability issues some of them have had in the past.

The GWP has officially been announced.  From the US site:

Forest Hideout (40567) offer ... from 06/15/2022 to 06/22/2022, or while supplies last.  Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $150.

Forest_Hideout%5B31147%5D.jpg?fit=crop&f

6 minutes ago, morthaur said:

It says Bricks and Pieces orders do not qualify, but Pick a Brick should, right?

I wondered that. I hope that it's just old T&Cs, where Bricks & Pieces were excluded, and they've not updated it to remove the old service name. I've got a large order waiting from the updated service now that it's back, which would pretty much get me to the threshold.

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

FWIW, I usually place a second order on the second day of the promotion, because although I sometimes like to get two, I prefer others to get one, given the availability issues some of them have had in the past.

That's really thoughtful of you!

I wish GWPs became available to buy eventually. In the past I even have sourced some of them together. Too bad B&P has become such a mess, as I have experienced today. :sceptic:

Edited by Wesley D

7 hours ago, unclejeffie said:

and FOMO will hit hard.

Yep.

I’ll be buying Optimus Prime which I wouldn’t have done before.

of course, now if want Optimus anyway and no doubt it’ll be sold out by the time the 15th rolls around…

On 6/4/2022 at 11:18 PM, karrit said:

Me too!  Are you going to World or Land?  Thought I was going to miss AFOL day too until they changed it to July.  I don't know what I could buy that would be enough to hit the GWP threshold but I don't want to have to pack it to fly home.  I might have to place an online order.

Disney world, but what’s tempting is the fact that the lego stores at both Disneyland and Disney world have EVERYTHING lolol.  I don’t mind carrying the lego bags on the plane though 🫣🫣

1 minute ago, eldiano said:

Disney world, but what’s tempting is the fact that the lego stores at both Disneyland and Disney world have EVERYTHING lolol.  I don’t mind carrying the lego bags on the plane though 🫣🫣

I'll be at World too.  Planning to hit the Lego store on arrival day and a couple of days later for my Birthday.  Didn't plan a Park for Saturday so I'll probably end up back there again either before or after I attend the Sangria University @ Coronado Springs.  I was originally planning to go in the morning but with the change of date for AFOL day I may go later although that might not be a good idea after the Sangria.  Probably will make another trip or two to Disney Springs before I head home.  They get frequent deliveries throughout the week so the PAB wall can change a bit from day to day.  I usually end up with a lot of cups to bring home if they have decent parts available.  Past experience has taught me that if there's a part I really want I need to grab it because it likely won't be there the next time if it's something really good.  If I end up spending enough in one visit to the store to get the GWP it's going to be a very expensive trip overall.

2 hours ago, karrit said:

I'll be at World too.  Planning to hit the Lego store on arrival day and a couple of days later for my Birthday.  Didn't plan a Park for Saturday so I'll probably end up back there again either before or after I attend the Sangria University @ Coronado Springs.  I was originally planning to go in the morning but with the change of date for AFOL day I may go later although that might not be a good idea after the Sangria.  Probably will make another trip or two to Disney Springs before I head home.  They get frequent deliveries throughout the week so the PAB wall can change a bit from day to day.  I usually end up with a lot of cups to bring home if they have decent parts available.  Past experience has taught me that if there's a part I really want I need to grab it because it likely won't be there the next time if it's something really good.  If I end up spending enough in one visit to the store to get the GWP it's going to be a very expensive trip overall.

I went to the Disney Springs store a few weeks ago and was really disappointed by the PAB wall. It's huge compared to a regular store, but most things were doubled up, so it didn't feel like it had more parts than a standard store. And all the pieces there were pretty dull - certainly nothing that excited me. I left with nothing.

The store itself is cool. The displays are excellent. They have pretty much every set (they were out of the McLaren F1 car, which is what I was looking for).

The design your own minifigure station looked cool, but there was a wait time of over an hour when I arrived at about 6:00pm, so plan accordingly if you want to try that.

I hope you have a great time and get what you want.

46 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I went to the Disney Springs store a few weeks ago and was really disappointed by the PAB wall. It's huge compared to a regular store, but most things were doubled up, so it didn't feel like it had more parts than a standard store. And all the pieces there were pretty dull - certainly nothing that excited me. I left with nothing.

The store itself is cool. The displays are excellent. They have pretty much every set (they were out of the McLaren F1 car, which is what I was looking for).

The design your own minifigure station looked cool, but there was a wait time of over an hour when I arrived at about 6:00pm, so plan accordingly if you want to try that.

I hope you have a great time and get what you want.

I know.  It has at least 4x the wall that one of the stores I frequent has and a little more than double what the other one has.  I make multiple visits when I'm there because they do sometimes get different parts in and if you aren't there at the right time you miss them.  A few years ago I got a full cup of the green Limb Elements that were left over one day.  They were gone next time I went in.  I watched a family fill at least a half dozen large cups with trans blue 1x1 round plates another time.  Wasn't much left when they were done.  I've done much better at Disney Springs than the one at Disneyland.  The Disneyland wall while pretty massive usually has repeats 3 & 4 times in at least 2/3 of their wall.  I won't do the design your own minifigure, don't think it's worth it and my nearest store has one now with no waiting if I ever decide I want to do it.  How was the BAM tower when you were there?  Last year they only had pre-made blister packs that I bought too many of.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

I know.  It has at least 4x the wall that one of the stores I frequent has and a little more than double what the other one has.  I make multiple visits when I'm there because they do sometimes get different parts in and if you aren't there at the right time you miss them.  A few years ago I got a full cup of the green Limb Elements that were left over one day.  They were gone next time I went in.  I watched a family fill at least a half dozen large cups with trans blue 1x1 round plates another time.  Wasn't much left when they were done.  I've done much better at Disney Springs than the one at Disneyland.  The Disneyland wall while pretty massive usually has repeats 3 & 4 times in at least 2/3 of their wall.  I won't do the design your own minifigure, don't think it's worth it and my nearest store has one now with no waiting if I ever decide I want to do it.  How was the BAM tower when you were there?  Last year they only had pre-made blister packs that I bought too many of.

You know what, I forgot about the BAM tower. I didn't have long, and it was really busy, so I focused on the PAB wall, as that's best source for MOCs that I will probably never build, but would love to, one day. :laugh:

Looking at some of the latest images, I've spotted a lot more differences between the set and @R0Sch's Stud.io recreation, which result in the tree having a lot more curves than I'd previously thought! For one, a lot of the bricks that stick out one stud from the cylindrical panels on the far right side (when unfolded) are not regular bricks but rather four 1x2 half-cylinder panels (part 68013). There is also a stack of 1x2 half-cylinder panels and regular 2x2 bricks/plates sticking out from the "back" of the tree near the base, which gives it a nice bumpy cross-section.

Also, the "fork" in the large branch at the top of the tree is formed by a three-way axle hub (part 57585) and 2x2 "macaroni" tubes (part 25214) rather than traditional Technic angle connectors. 57585 was not available in black before this year, so this was a very timely opportunity for the set designers! The tiles beneath the "roots" of the tree are round rather than square, and the ones on the front and back of the tree are offset using a 2x2 brick with curved top and two studs (part 30165).

There are more minor differences I've noticed also (like some of the types of plates used for the interior floors), but they're too many to enumerate, and there's also a lot of details I still haven't quite figured out (particularly since of these corrections significantly change the digital model's piece count). But I suppose it's only a little over a week until the set itself is available and all those specifics will become clear! In any case, I'm becoming more and more impressed with the set with each new detail I notice. :classic:

@AanchirYes, I noticed a bunch of differences in the higher resolution image too. I'll be happy to change the 3D model once the instructions are available.

I may have missed this in the discussion already, but do we know if there are any unique pieces/colors in the set (other than the shields and torsos)?

What are the chances the shields/torsos make their way to Pick a Brick?

5 minutes ago, mvLego said:

I may have missed this in the discussion already, but do we know if there are any unique pieces/colors in the set (other than the shields and torsos)?

It’s reasonable to expect we’ll get both in the big 90th anniversary castle, so I would assume that would increase the probability of those parts hitting Bricks and Pieces.

I highly doubt they would hit the Pick a Brick wall though. 

3 hours ago, mvLego said:

Part 30987 in Black would be a brand new recolor, but I would expect it to show up in other sets going forward (particularly since it's a fairly "theme-neutral" mold in a neutral color). That's the only other new/unique part I've spotted so far, though.

You can search for 40567 on pick a brick now and get results.  But none of the new stuff.  They said a while back that new parts would be released after 90 days.  But are there are new parts released in January then taken down never to return.  Glad I bought some of those then.  But makes we wonder when/if we’ll ever be able to get this stuff coming out now.

18 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

You can search for 40567 on pick a brick now and get results.  But none of the new stuff.  They said a while back that new parts would be released after 90 days.  But are there are new parts released in January then taken down never to return.  Glad I bought some of those then.  But makes we wonder when/if we’ll ever be able to get this stuff coming out now.

They are probably holding off on putting new pieces out until the sets have been out for a little while.  They probably want people to buy sets first then release the new parts later.  But this is just a guess.  Maybe they are waiting till after the june releases are out on shelves.