18 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Man, I hate that this is a GWP. There’s not a darn thing out right now that I want to spend $150+ on. 

Anybody have any experience getting a GWP on the secondary market? Are the prices usually drastically inflated? I would assume so, but have no feel for how much. 

Same.

Can’t justify £150 on something I don’t really want just for this.

Hopefully they won’t be too much second-hand. If they’re stupid prices I might just as well buy the original version…

I'm going to pull the trigger on some "maybe" sets if that's what it takes to get this GWP. Have it, I will.

20 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Anybody have any experience getting a GWP on the secondary market? Are the prices usually drastically inflated? I would assume so, but have no feel for how much. 

I think this GWP will be extremely popular: it's actually quite big, has 2 minifigs included and has a huge nostalgic factor for many of the older AFOLs who grew up with classic castle.

If you care to compare it with the Idea sailboat, which is already one of the more expensive recent GWPs on ebay, I expect prices at 50€$ (or possibly even beyond); that's already 1/3 of the rumored threshold!

You probably be better off buying a random set(s) - which you could sell later on/give as gift to relatives - and keeping the Forest Hideout for yourself.

8 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

You probably be better off buying a random set(s) - which you could sell later on/give as gift to relatives - and keeping the Forest Hideout for yourself.

Yeah that was my initial plan. The rebel in me would like to thwart TLG’s evil plan though. That’s what they want me to do. Lol

16 hours ago, Corydoras said:

I thought it was that at first too, then I thought bandana, now I don't know.

2 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Luckily I want quite a few sets launching June 1.

Question; Lego will limit me to one of these GWP sets, even if I make two separate orders over $150, right? I'm assuming so.

8 minutes ago, danth said:

Question; Lego will limit me to one of these GWP sets, even if I make two separate orders over $150, right? I'm assuming so.

Yeah, that's the usual thing. You can check for this on the small print of the current GWP. 

One GWP per househould, and return the GWP if you return sets buyed with the GWP.

8 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Shush. No one should even think about such outrageous ideas again. :sadnew:  It's bad enough with the current VIP system let alone with exclusive GWP's to RLUG/RLOC members only on AFOL Appreciation Day.

that would be the only perk I would fork money over here, if they start re releasing older sets, especially vintage pirates and vintage castle, I would sell my modern useless lego sets to fund those in a heartbeat 😍😍😍 

Like you I hate currently hate the current vip system but oh well. 😭😭

2 hours ago, danth said:

Yes, as GeoBrick mentioned one set per household. Some people claim that they order sets online and get one GWP and on the same day drive to the local Lego store and get another (because the store system doesn't see your online order - or something like that). However I cannot verify this.

18 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Yes, as GeoBrick mentioned one set per household. Some people claim that they order sets online and get one GWP and on the same day drive to the local Lego store and get another (because the store system doesn't see your online order - or something like that). However I cannot verify this.

I don't try it often but I definitely got the same GWP twice ordering online. I never got my second cancelled when I ordered twice in the timeframe of the GWP.

I followed a discussion on a German blog, where several people reported that they always get the same GWP more than once ordering online while others always get the second cancelled all the time. For whom it works and for whom not seems to be random. 

On 5/28/2022 at 1:39 PM, SirBlake said:

Man, I hate that this is a GWP. There’s not a darn thing out right now that I want to spend $150+ on. 

Same here, it’s quite disappointed that it’s a GWP set instead of a regular set. I feel it’s not worthy to spend a lot of money to get that GWP set myself. I am thinking about hunting it down in secondary market. 

sometimes, I saw other GWP sets on eBay, like between $30 - $70.

I am considering taking the Medieval Blacksmith to take advantage of the offer. The Medieval Blacksmith cost 149.99€. Do LEGO offer the missing penny to reach the 150€ or do I have to take another item if I want to get the GWP ?

29 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

I am considering taking the Medieval Blacksmith to take advantage of the offer. The Medieval Blacksmith cost 149.99€. Do LEGO offer the missing penny to reach the 150€ or do I have to take another item if I want to get the GWP ?

In my experience you have to buy an additional item to get the GWP.

40 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

My guess is that the MB will be sold out.

5 hours ago, danth said:

I've always been able to get multiples of every GWP I wanted to by making multiple qualifying orders, all delivered to the same household address.

For example: I have a second Cosmic Cardboard Adventures on it's way to me at the moment when I already had one delivered 10 days ago. Don't know if that's because I'm in the UK and maybe the rule doesn't apply in all regions?

3 hours ago, Kallego said:

I don't try it often but I definitely got the same GWP twice ordering online. I never got my second cancelled when I ordered twice in the timeframe of the GWP.

38 minutes ago, Killian said:

I've always been able to get multiples of every GWP I wanted to by making multiple qualifying orders, all delivered to the same household address.

Same - I got multiples of the Children's Amusement Park and the Vintage Taxi, so I am not sure why it would be different for this set (unless LEGO is imposing a limitation on this set specifically, in light of the run on the BLDP Castle in the Forest). 

This looks really cute. It seems like this will overlap with the upcoming AFOL day (which formerly involved a discount for LUG members but apparently going forward will instead offer a unique GWP for them, which I'm assuming is separate from this one). I'd been planning to pick up the Optimus Prime set for that, so that ought to qualify me for this GWP as well.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

This looks really cute. It seems like this will overlap with the upcoming AFOL day (which formerly involved a discount for LUG members but apparently going forward will instead offer a unique GWP for them, which I'm assuming is separate from this one). I'd been planning to pick up the Optimus Prime set for that, so that ought to qualify me for this GWP as well.

I’m also hoping Optimus is in stock when this GWP is available. If not, I may have to pass on this, in order to save up my $ for the mega castle set in August. This is an expensive year to be an AFOL. (And for my 11 year old son, he is a huge LEGO Star Wars fan) 

Are we expecting that this is with any $160 purchase, since the castle won't be out until August?

I've been wanting to get the DeLorean (not that I can at the moment anyway, due to it being out of stock), so I figured I'd wait and grab it when this promo is happening, assuming it applies.

On 5/28/2022 at 2:48 PM, zoth33 said:

I think the viking ship comes out in august here in the US.   

August is going to be expensive. I guess I'll buy some mario sets and sonic set for my kid to get the forest hideout 

On 5/28/2022 at 12:28 PM, Kallego said:

My impression is that the prices drop a couple of weeks after the first sets reach the secondary market. I definitely would not buy immediately...

I think it's comparable to 40531 star wars kitchen from May 4th this year which is available between 30 and 40 € including shipping at the moment.

Since I have no d2c set on my list left and own castle in the forest from BDP I don't feel any rush to get it this GWP. But I will definitely check secondary market for a good deal because I really like it. 

Calling it now. This GwP’s lowest point will be $50; probably higher. Why? Because there are going to be a lot of people that actually keep this one. I always sell my GwP’s. Going to get two of these on June 15. Won’t be selling mine.

58 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

So GWP’s generally include spare parts? There better be a second forestman hat in there. Huge missed opportunity if there will be just 1 hat.

I think the last time we got the green Forestman hat I believe was the Hoodlum minifig from Nexo, and before that was the Lederhosen guy from minifig series...recently we get blue from Troubadour but even those are sparsely in between , seperated by many years.

I'd love them to includes an extra forestman deer shield.

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I've been wanting to get the DeLorean (not that I can at the moment anyway, due to it being out of stock)

That is something I am really thinking about - how they decide which set will be backorder and which will be out of stock? Many large sets are out of stock. I would like to buy the new technic Ferrari with this gwp, but I am not sure, if it will be in stock at that time. When the CAT came out, they sold the first batch and then it was out of stock for few weeks. Similar story with Mclaren F1, when they made changes to the model. 

3 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

Calling it now. This GwP’s lowest point will be $50; probably higher. Why? Because there are going to be a lot of people that actually keep this one. I always sell my GwP’s. Going to get two of these on June 15. Won’t be selling mine.

Yeah maybe. But since I'm pretty sure the minifig parts and the Shields will be available at bricks and pieces since they are not licensed it's ok for to gamble.

But maybe I'll buy some stuff when I feel like it at the 15th even i don't really need it ;-)