2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Uh? You have two accounts? There is Sir_Blake here.

Kind of a long, boring story. Ready? Here goes!

last year when the Ideas Blacksmith and Creator castle came out, I was tempted to post again. I couldn’t get into my old account, so I started a new one. When it came down to it, it wasn’t the same without my old account so I never posted. A couple of months ago, I found it magically easy to get into my old account, and I started posting again. 

Earlier, my phone logged me out, and when I logged back in, it defaulted to the newer one and I didn’t realize it until after I posted. I fixed it, but that weirdo post remains.

Mystery now solved. What’s it worth the long boring story? Probably not, lol. 

Gotta say, I'm skeptical of that picture. Mostly because the forestwoman is holding the old sword mould, which hasn't been in sets since 2016.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong though, I like that sword mould better than the one that replaced it.

5 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Gotta say, I'm skeptical of that picture. Mostly because the forestwoman is holding the old sword mould, which hasn't been in sets since 2016.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong though, I like that sword mould better than the one that replaced it.

While the appearance of the classic sword is a little odd, I think the picture is likely legit. Also noteworthy, the Promobricks sketch is EXACTLY the same perspective as the photo and many, many details are there in the sketch to interpret the subtleties of the build, which leads me to believe that the sketches of the castle are the same. Drawn over a photo, and many details are there that we can extrapolate build info from. 

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Does anyone know if you get the GWP if you preorder something? Forestmen are sort of my favorite faction, so this would be a good excuse to get them, but it unfortunately comes out like four days before the next wave I want, and I'm willing to bet it will have sold out by then. 

Nope doesn’t work.

smart marketing trick tho, keeps sales up as every castle lover + scalpers are going to be FOMO all over this.

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Does anyone know if you get the GWP if you preorder something? Forestmen are sort of my favorite faction, so this would be a good excuse to get them, but it unfortunately comes out like four days before the next wave I want, and I'm willing to bet it will have sold out by then. 

I think you do get it. I've seen a few other threads suggesting if you order a keyring or something small at the same time, your gwp would ship immediately with that, and the preorder would ship later. 

7 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Kind of a long, boring story. Ready? Here goes!

last year when the Ideas Blacksmith and Creator castle came out, I was tempted to post again. I couldn’t get into my old account, so I started a new one. When it came down to it, it wasn’t the same without my old account so I never posted. A couple of months ago, I found it magically easy to get into my old account, and I started posting again. 

Earlier, my phone logged me out, and when I logged back in, it defaulted to the newer one and I didn’t realize it until after I posted. I fixed it, but that weirdo post remains.

Mystery now solved. What’s it worth the long boring story? Probably not, lol. 

Lol that explains a LOT! I’m just glad it was not someone pretending to be you!

Does anyone know if the UK threshold is £150 or £160?

I'm hoping my local store still has the Blacksmith set in stock on launch day, so I can use that to take up most of the money, then it's just a matter of deciding what the other £20.01 or £30.01 will be spent on. 

Dumb question: how exactly does the GWP system work. I’ve never actually gotten one. Is it online only? Or also at Physical Lego stores? Is it for a certain time period, or until they run out?

39 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Dumb question: how exactly does the GWP system work. I’ve never actually gotten one. Is it online only? Or also at Physical Lego stores? Is it for a certain time period, or until they run out?

It is for both online and lego stores purchases, for a limited time period (usually a couple weeks to a month), and until they run out.

For online purchase, the main factor is you put enough monetary value in your shopping bin (in sets), and once you're eligible, the GWP('s) is (are) automatically added to your shopping bin.
In a physical legostore, you better ask an attendant first if the GWP('s) is (are) still in stock.

40 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Gifts with purchase are typically available both online and at stores (with some rare exceptions). They're only available while supplies last, which for highly desirable GWPs can go quickly, especially online. At stores from my experience you can have more luck getting a highly sought-after GWP, since it's much easier for a bunch of people to make an online order as soon as it's available but less common for everybody planning to purchase in-store to make their trip to the store immediately.

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Great, thank you both for that info. Fingers crossed I can score this one. 

Just remember that GWPs are not shipped separately, they are always with a paid item. So if you choose something that it pre-ordered or backordered, then the GWP likely won't be in stock by the time the item ships. So also choose something, anything, from the regular sets (not PAB/B&P) to get them to ship that with the GWP, while you wait for the rest of the order.

Wanted to recreate the leaked image in Studio and post a rendering of the set here, but too many details are blurry. Y'all know where to find it anyway. It looks really good imo.
Hopefully those printed shields and torsos will be available on PaB so I can improve Castle in the Forest.

7 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Wanted to recreate the leaked image in Studio and post a rendering of the set here, but too many details are blurry. Y'all know where to find it anyway. It looks really good imo.
Hopefully those printed shields and torsos will be available on PaB so I can improve Castle in the Forest.

We can only hope those shields are printed. For all we know those are refurbished from the "Castle in the Forest" sticker sheet.

We know.
Its just so that non-official pictures or links to them aren't posted on the forum per the rules.
I suggest you remove the link ASAP.

Edited by GeoBrick

33 minutes ago, General Magma said:

So are they bringing back that tree piece?

It seems that only the small one… but maybe there will be a big one in the Castle set… 

2 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:

There are pictures online of this promotional set already out.

I admit, at first glance I thought this was a fake — the fonts and kerning seem "off" compared to actual LEGO box art and instruction manuals, and there's some sloppy cropping around the tree where a white backdrop is visible instead of a yellow one. But it matches the Promobricks sketch and description nearly to a T, so perhaps it's just that somebody took an actual image of the set (whether preliminary or finalized) with a white backdrop and edited in the yellow backdrop and LEGOLAND banner themselves. Or maybe it's just sloppy by official LEGO standards due to being preliminary.

In any case, if this is what the official set will look like, I'll be quite satisfied with that!

1 hour ago, General Magma said:

So are they bringing back that tree piece?

It hasn't ever really gone away! It last showed up in 60292 and 60304, which are both still available from LEGO.com.

I could certainly imagine them retiring it at some point in the near future since there are various brick-built alternatives available these days (such as the spruce tree design from last year's LEGO Friends forest sets), but so far that hasn't happened. And it's not like there's any urgency to get rid of it entirely it until the mold itself wears out! Even outside of "throwback" sets like this one, specialized parts such as single piece trees can also be a good fit for 4+ sets aimed at beginning builders.

Not quire sure this is an official image.

Doesn't BriqFoundation usually do his own custom Lego mockups for promotionals that haven't been released yet?

The small pine tree has been in 3 Xtra polybags, the large one in 1, but right now Xtra theme seems to have retired.

Forestmen can certainly benefit a lot from the newer/wider variety of plant parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

Out of curiosity, is that female minifigure really called “Forestwoman” against the set name “Forestmen’s Hideout”?

I only see two minifigures in it - male and female, just taht’s it. 

20 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The small pine tree has been in 3 Xtra polybags, the large one in 1, but right now Xtra theme seems to have retired.

Forestmen can certainly benefit a lot from the newer/wider variety of plant parts.

Eh, I think brick-built trees are more more common than classic pine trees.  But I really don’t mind classic pine trees tho.

I guess the swords woman is wearing a bandana or something? Not at all inappropriate for a bandit type but I think we all would have preferred another forestman cap.