According to Promobricks, there will be a new 90 year anniversary set to commemorate Forestmen as well. The small set will most likely be a GWP in June and not linked to purchasing the large 10305 Castle set.
The re-released 6054 Forestmen's Hideout from 1988 will be improved for the 2022 version and contain newer elements like the long horn piece in black to form the tree branches, blue roof is made of four 1x8 tiles, lbg masonry bricks are used for the wall, 2 new printed shields with deer motive, a grey spear hanging, a 2x2 round tile with target print, a small, red, unprinted mushroom, a small pine tree, some flowers and red flag are also included as well.

The 2 minifigures feature both green legs and torso with red arms and red print around the necks. One male figure has sideburns and wears a green Forestmen hat, the other female has a long, brown ponytail and sword.

• Set number: 40567
  • Name: Forest Hideout
  • Piece count: 258
  • Nr. of minifigures: 2 (Forestman and Forestwoman)
  • Release date: June 15th-22nd 2022
  • Availability: LEGO
  • Price: Gift with purchase for >150 Euro

lego-other-40567-versteck-im-wald-2.jpg
lego-other-40567-versteck-im-wald-3.jpg
lego-40567-forest-hideout-packung-01.jpg
Image from Chinese LEGO Store Calender. 6054 as comparison.

Edited by R0Sch
updates, official pics

This is just unbelievably, insanely awesome.

LEGO is knocking it out of the park for the 90th anniversary stuff.

Just wondering who I need to defeat in hand to hand combat to acquire multiple copies of these.

I never got a Forestmen set, but I did always like the concept of them, so this GWP sounds incredible.

Closest I got was the reference in a Nexo set with a Forestmen Robot called Robot Hoodlum with a forestmen 1x1 emblem, and green hat, but now it's going to be real, they are coming back in 2022 in 2 sets (1 being this GWP)

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I never got a Forestmen set, but I did always like the concept of them, so this GWP sounds incredible.

Closest I got was the reference in a Nexo set with a Forestmen Robot called Robot Hoodlum with a forestmen 1x1 emblem, and green hat, but now it's going to be real, they are coming back in 2022 in 2 sets (1 being this GWP)

I actually have the original can't wait for the new one.  

Awesome. Already have 2 of the old version but I definetely will get this one. Hopefully new torso and extra shields would be great aswell.

I am really hoping I can get one of these. It's just that I don't know what is worth buying in June for 150$ hopefully Lego realizes the demand, and supply isn't limited.

I'm reaalllly hoping they push this back closer to August.  I know they're doing this on purpose as a promotional, but there's no big must-have releases in June.  All of the good suff is in August!

6 hours ago, eldiano said:

How much did the original retailed for out of curiosity 

I have bought an old Austrian catalogue from 1991, and the price was 255 ATS (=18,55€) at that time; adjusted to inflation it would probably be a set between 31,55€ and 37,10€ today.

Printed shields… lets hope the elements gets it to PAB otherwise i see them extremely expensive in the after market.

Man, I really hope this one isn’t hard to get. 

I have all of the 80’s forestmen sets from when I was a kid. Would be a real shame not to add this one to the collection. 

21 hours ago, R0Sch said:

The re-released 6054 Forestmen's Hideout from 1988 will be improved for the 2022 version and contain new elements like the long horn piece in black to form the tree branches

This right here gets me a tad curious to know if they're going to keep the tree this hideout is built around black like the original or if they're going to use some of the newer parts and colors to make it appear more vibrant.

Don't get me wrong, getting a new Forestmen set from LEGO is exciting, although having spent enough time ogling Castle in the Forest and building a new version of the Ghostly Hideout set from Rebrickable gives me the feeling that going with black parts to recreate the tree is a missed opportunity given all the lovely plant foliage parts we have available now.

Edited by Mr Maniac

Sounds awesome! Forestmen were one of the categories I voted for in the first round of the LEGO Ideas 90th anniversary poll, since even though they were largely before my time as a KFOL (my only Forestman parts or figures I had growing up were ones I got secondhand from yard sale lots), they are one of the Castle subthemes that could be most groundbreaking to see a modern take on, considering the proficiency LEGO designers have shown with plants and tree designs in recent years!

I am a little surprised that they'll still be sticking with black for the tree itself, since there are so many more shades of brown available to them than there were in the 80s or 90s, but I imagine it will still look pretty awesome — just a little more stylized than I'd have expected. After all, I've never had any problem with the spooky black trees in sets like 70427, let alone with the more whimsical bark and foliage colors often seen in the Elves theme!

If anything, the aspect of the old-school Forestmen/Dark Forest trees that has aged most poorly is their shape, since they were generally constructed from very angular bricks and panels with branches arranged at right angles. And from what Promobricks has shared (provided they're not pulling our legs here!), this set seems like it will be a big improvement on the original set in those areas.

I also find it quite charming that the set (as shown in the set) appears to be around the same size as the original set it's based on! Pirates of Barracuda Bay likewise stayed pretty close to the original Black Seas Barracuda's proportions, and I feel like this attention to detail helps "throwbacks" like this demonstrate even more convincingly how much the capabilities of the LEGO system has evolved since the 1980s.

@Mr Maniac The sketch shows pretty well the proportions and the color palette. The tree trunk will still be black like the original and the foliage green. It's not trying to look realistic but pay homage to 6054.

Very cute! Never had any forestmen sets but the hinged opening of this reminds me fondly of Majisto's Magical Workshop (one of my earliest Castle sets).

3 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Wow, definitely a callback to the original for sure. I’m loving these sketches. 

Uh? You have two accounts? There is Sir_Blake here.

Anyways, this GWP looks very nice! However, I really hope TLG would push it back to August… I feel it’s “unfair” because many people would instantly buy more than $150 to get this two months before the Amstel’s release date…

Let’s hope Lego overproduces this thing so they end up being available for VIP points later on.

I love the look of this.

I'm super torn now because I realize it's gonna be a $200 GWP in Canada, and there's literally nothing I want till August >_<.  Anyone have any workaround tips?  Do they do tradeins or returns of unopened sets for future releases?

Also kinda curious that it hasn't been officially announced yet, with June literally being around the corner, and this being dated for the 15th, 3 days before Lego Con.  Wouldn't it make more sense if they planned it for after or on Lego Con for a 'surprise' announcement?

Edited by Triceron

Does anyone know if you get the GWP if you preorder something? Forestmen are sort of my favorite faction, so this would be a good excuse to get them, but it unfortunately comes out like four days before the next wave I want, and I'm willing to bet it will have sold out by then.