Sign in to follow this  
Reker1000000

MISB 7750

Well, it finally happened... I never saw one for sale until now, but on BrickLink there is a seller with a MISB 7750 listed for 9,000 euros (about $9,500). Just posting this here because I thought it might interest some of the other 12v fans out there! This is a very very rare occurrance.

Edit: Also realized there's a sealed 7755 (different seller) which went up for sale since yesterday as well...

7750 MISB.png

7755 MISB.png

Edited by Reker1000000

Nice find! Do you have them on your BL wishlist? Crazy prices even for us train enthusiasts.

This is one of the reasons why I don't enjoy building / playing with LEGO anymore. The fear that a unique, rare set will lose it's value once opened is a huge drawback...

The real value of a MISB #7750 is not the price it is offered but the price someone is willing to pay or to set a bit. Keep an eye on the 6 months price guide about sold sets. Maybe this #7750 will show up or not.

The price is ridiculous high, even someone with a good filled LEGO hobby purse might not pay such a price especially in times of prices for energy and food going though the ceiling.

LEGO 7750 box interior

(Most polybags of mine #7750 are still sealed and no, I did not pay a four digit amount of money)

2 hours ago, JopieK said:

Nice find! Do you have them on your BL wishlist? Crazy prices even for us train enthusiasts.

Way too expensive even for me... my entire collection is probably a bit over 1/4 of the listed price. One day, maybe.

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

This is one of the reasons why I don't enjoy building / playing with LEGO anymore. The fear that a unique, rare set will lose it's value once opened is a huge drawback...

Definitely. Although if I'm being completely honest, I think if I was able to find a MISB train set for a very good price I'd probably open it on YT for the views. But if I bought something for closer to market price, I probably wouldn't open it for that exact reason- sure, it's a great experience, but it's also a very expensive experience.

1 hour ago, HoMa said:

The real value of a MISB #7750 is not the price it is offered but the price someone is willing to pay or to set a bit. Keep an eye on the 6 months price guide about sold sets. Maybe this #7750 will show up or not.

The price is ridiculous high, even someone with a good filled LEGO hobby purse might not pay such a price especially in times of prices for energy and food going though the ceiling.

LEGO 7750 box interior

(Most polybags of mine #7750 are still sealed and no, I did not pay a four digit amount of money)

I absolutely agree with your statement on value. My dad says that true value is what a willing buyer and a willing seller trade, so yeah, probably it won't be sold for a whopping $10,000. Current BrickEconomy estimates set the price of a sealed set at around $4,500 (although that may not be accurate given its extreme rarity). I will definitely be checking the price guide, if the seller lowers the price to sell then we should be able to see what it was sold for.

Also I am no stranger to that image... I have spent far too much time on your Flickr page staring at images of that specific set! I linked your album in my review of the 7750 which is on YT. Even with the 1 polybag torn, paying anything under $1000 for a near-MISB 7750 is absurd, I hope one day I am able to score such a deal.

Keep 12v alive... the older these sets get, the rarer they get, and the less people know about them. For me, 12v will always be the golden age of Lego trains (yeah, I wasn't alive at the time, but oh well). In fact we had to write a research paper recently for my History class and my teacher let me write it about 12v trains, of course I was already an expert in this topic XD

I remember when the shelves were full of this set which cost 80,000 Italian lire (about 40 euros) and I already considered it expensive compared to the 7740 ... I'm happy to have bought it at market prices! :laugh:

12volt-130.jpg