Norton74

[MOC] Hayao Miyazaki and his Nibariki (Citroën 2CV)

NIBARIKI, Hayao Miyazaki's Citroën 2CV

My latest creation is a tribute to Hayao Miyazaki, Japan's greatest animation director and co-founder of Studio Ghibli, best-loved of all the Japanese animation studios.
I had already written in the past how his films and his stories often inspired my creations, especially in terms of atmosphere and environments.
Back in 1998, Hayao Miyazaki designed and built a house for his production company, called Nibariki. This house is located nearby Studio Ghibli's main building. Nibariki means 2 horsepower in Japanese and the name is a clear tribute to the beloved Citroën 2CV that the artist has been driving for more than forty years.
Above you can see both Mr. Miyazaki's new office and his Citroën 2CV. And of course our beloved masterful storyteller too.

Miyazaki bought his first 2CV as a university student in the early 1960s. It was a right-hand-drive model, imported from the U.K. and painted bright yellow.
A 2CV first appeared in Miyazaki's first feature-length film, 1979's The Castle of Cagliostro. An action-adventure tale involving a mischievous gentlemen thief, the well known Lupin III, and featuring multiple car chases, including the heroine, Clarisse, escaping in her 2CV.

Miyazaki's current Citroën is a 1987 2CV 6 painted in light gray and is exactly like the one you see in my latest creation.

IMG_4886_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_4911_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_4909_3000-scaled.jpg

Nibariki-scaled.jpg

My god. That deux-chevaux, it is beautiful.

The house itself looks rather monochrome, but the wall shingle detailing makes up for it.
Love how you used the windows in a 90° angle, and the use of superfluous parts for a doorknob is simpy genious.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:01 PM, Merlo said:

Love this, great effort.

Thank you!

On 5/19/2022 at 11:57 AM, GeoBrick said:

My god. That deux-chevaux, it is beautiful.

The house itself looks rather monochrome, but the wall shingle detailing makes up for it.
Love how you used the windows in a 90° angle, and the use of superfluous parts for a doorknob is simpy genious.

Thanks! Glad you like the 2CV and the rest of the MOC!
Have a great day buddy!

This is really nice. The decision to go with brown for the railing and other detail was a good one. Just so it wasn’t totally grey. 

2 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

This is really nice. The decision to go with brown for the railing and other detail was a good one. Just so it wasn’t totally grey. 

Thanks @SirBlake :classic:

Actually the railing and other details should have been dark green, as you can see in the last photo I posted, but sadly I didn't have those bricks of that color. But it works the same :sweet:

Wow I can recognize your magic touch right away! :wink:
Beautiful cottage and wonderful details, from the roof to the lamppost, to the plants scattered around. :thumbup::thumbup:
The two CV is the icing on the cake! :wub:

On 5/29/2022 at 8:17 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow I can recognize your magic touch right away! :wink:
Beautiful cottage and wonderful details, from the roof to the lamppost, to the plants scattered around. :thumbup::thumbup:
The two CV is the icing on the cake! :wub:

Thank you very much for your kind words and your remarks, very appreciated ;)

Grazie!

Yep, magic is the right word to describe your work. Thanks for this moment of poetry !

4 hours ago, AlexGdD said:

Yep, magic is the right word to describe your work. Thanks for this moment of poetry !

Thank you very much!
So glad to hear that word: poetry :classic:

On 5/31/2022 at 5:32 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Absolutely brilliant. The 2CV is magnificent and the house is a fine piece as well.

Thank you!