jtooker

VIKING VILLAGE Ideas set via Target vote

Hey guys, BrickHammer here, it is really great to hear that you like my design so much! I just read your discussion on how likely it is to win the vote and it is quite interesting that a lot of people think it has a shot at winning! To me this still all feels super surreal. I still can barely believe that my project was chosen so the idea of it winning the whole thing seems super far fetched!. Especially because the minigolf design is also quite stunning! However, I am obviously super thankful for your support and your confidence in the project! I appreciate each vote and each and everyone who shares the project online etc. Thank you!

Clearly all three have a shot at winning. LEGO chose three great but very different designs.

To me, the viking one is the ultra safe bet - similar to numerous past IDEAS sets just a slightly different theme.

The underwater one is the slightly quirky one - a bit like ship in a bottle and birds.

The golf is more of a gamble - it's like the maze - an expensive version of an executive desk toy.

All three will probably sell if picked, if they manipulate the results then it is just down to what LEGO / Target want to sell. And if they don't divulge the results, nobody will know. I can see any of the three winning. If there is a fixed number to be produced no matter which wins, I can see Target wanting the vikings produced - the largest set will bring more revenue.

Viking did get some popularity in multiple ways so can't be underestimated.

Valheim, Assassin Creed Valhalla, God of War Ragnarok (releasing this year) just to name a few games.

And of course The new Thor movie / LEGO set.

I wish TLG could do a new Viking theme instead of single IDEAS set. We hadn’t seen the Viking theme since mid-2000. Same for Western theme (early 2000).

I just want some more historical sets. 

On 5/22/2022 at 2:15 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I just want some more historical sets. 

The Vikings sets of the past were much more fantasy than history.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

The Vikings sets of the past were much more fantasy than history.

Yeah?

All beautiful sets, I have to say. But as a friend of castle I hope the VIKING VILLAGE will make it. Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, KuhlAidMan said:

Has there been any leaks about this?

The result of which idea they are going to approve to make as a set (based on the vote) is due in August.  I don't think the results usually leak early, rather it is that after a set has been approved and begun design/production that it may "leak" before the official marketing release.

Edited by Weil

Praise Odin! Victory! it's been confirmed that @BrickHammer's Viking village won the ideas second chance vote. It will become a set so I thought a proper thread for it was merited!

45 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Praise Odin! Victory! it's been confirmed that @BrickHammer's Viking village won the ideas second chance vote. It will become a set so I thought a proper thread for it was merited!

Will this be only available in the US (via Target) or internationally?

Great ! Do we know if the final version will be based on the first version of the set with neutral colors or the second version more colorful ? Maybe could it be a mix ?
I sincerely hope that there will be no stickers, and that the helmets of the vikings can be the same as that of the CMF viking minifigure ! I find them more stylish and more authentic !

I have a hard time understanding the partnership with Target. Does this mean that it will be a set only distributed in these stores and that European fans will be able to go jump in the lake like they did for the LEGO Star Wars 75294 Bespin Duel set ? I sincerely hope not. There are a lot of historic LEGO themes fans here in european countries.

I also had a question. I love BrickHammer's creations, voted for them all and find them always balancing the vintage spirit of the golden age of classic LEGO themes with just the right touch of modernity. I wonder if the fact that the Viking Village will become a real LEGO Ideas set prevents the various BrickHammer creations from becoming official LEGO sets in the future. Indeed, I dream of seeing his Armada Port or his Steampunk Airship (qualified for a second time) materialize. Is this possibility compromised ? Only one potential creation per LEGO Ideas user ?

13 minutes ago, LegoAUT said:

Will this be only available in the US (via Target) or internationally?

It's said to have the same availability as every other ideas set in all countries except the United States of America where it only at Target and lego.com

So it will be available internationally.

29 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Does this mean that it will be a set only distributed in these stores and that European fans will be able to go jump in the lake

Earlier in this thread someone definitively stated that it would be available in Europe, at least from the Lego online store.  Though they didn't indicate how they knew that.

2 hours ago, Weil said:

Earlier in this thread someone definitively stated that it would be available in Europe, at least from the Lego online store.  Though they didn't indicate how they knew that

Oh I started a second thread for this, whoops. 

But it says on the ideas website, and it said on the vote as well. Availablity will be the same as any other ideas project ( except in the USA where it only available from target and Lego shop.com), so internationally.

Will be interesting to see what the final set ends up looking like. I'm not too attached to the Vikings theme but the proposal seems like it has potential to be turned into a really interesting layout.

All we know is that the viking village will be geared more toward realism than myths. So the village won't have vikings with horns on their helmets or dragons/wyverns/serpents. I like Vikings LEGO toys with some mythical flair. But I am also happy to get a more realistic Vikings set. 

3 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Great ! Do we know if the final version will be based on the first version of the set with neutral colors or the second version more colorful ? Maybe could it be a mix ?
I sincerely hope that there will be no stickers, and that the helmets of the vikings can be the same as that of the CMF viking minifigure ! I find them more stylish and more authentic !

I have a hard time understanding the partnership with Target. Does this mean that it will be a set only distributed in these stores and that European fans will be able to go jump in the lake like they did for the LEGO Star Wars 75294 Bespin Duel set ? I sincerely hope not. There are a lot of historic LEGO themes fans here in european countries.

I also had a question. I love BrickHammer's creations, voted for them all and find them always balancing the vintage spirit of the golden age of classic LEGO themes with just the right touch of modernity. I wonder if the fact that the Viking Village will become a real LEGO Ideas set prevents the various BrickHammer creations from becoming official LEGO sets in the future. Indeed, I dream of seeing his Armada Port or his Steampunk Airship (qualified for a second time) materialize. Is this possibility compromised ? Only one potential creation per LEGO Ideas user ?

LEGO mentioned that the Vikings set would be more geared toward realism than what is typical for LEGO Vikings. So we can probably expect helmets without horns. This was on their blogpost regarding the vote. I personally am ok with either type of helmet. Don't care if it's all realistic, all mythical, or a mix.  

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6bbbb9e8-90e4-43ff-9716-c0d0d8404b89

The results of this fan vote once again show the strong desire of the community for products related to some of the LEGO Group's nostalgic themes as we'll see a revival of the old Vikings theme in this set. We're excited to have this opportunity to bring the community something really special. 

This bodes well, maybe TLG is actually listening to us Castle fans. But I'm still skeptical and will believe it when I see it.

The viking village sounds great though, I can't wait to see the final set!

23 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6bbbb9e8-90e4-43ff-9716-c0d0d8404b89

This bodes well, maybe TLG is actually listening to us Castle fans. But I'm still skeptical and will believe it when I see it.

The viking village sounds great though, I can't wait to see the final set!

It received over 50% of the vote so yes they listened to the voters.  The real question is if they will see an actual market for a full line of sets instead of these one off sets.  

4 hours ago, Khargeust said:

It's to early to tell we just got the results of the vote.  It will be a while before we see anything.  This set won't be out till next year.