evancelt

[MOC] The Motherlode

"The Motherlode"

'Come in M:Tron Central - this is Odette'

'Johnson was right, we just needed to follow the local flora back to the source. Setting up forward mining operations now. I think we've hit the motherlode!'

mtron-motherlode-space.jpg

Astounding. This is everything M-Tron was. Great work on keeping the style and feel of M-Tron equipment while adding in a ton of trans-neon yellow. Is that part of a rock raiders monster I spy behind the comm dish?

11 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Astounding. This is everything M-Tron was. Great work on keeping the style and feel of M-Tron equipment while adding in a ton of trans-neon yellow. Is that part of a rock raiders monster I spy behind the comm dish?

Thanks!

The monster jaws (two sets!) used here are actually from Power Miners set 8962. The giant trans-neon green teeth were too good to pass up!

The fun wedges with trans-neon green facets are also from that set.

Fun scene, cool techniques - I like the upside-down octagon canopy on the communication tower. 

Hits all the feel-good nostalgia buttons, too. Nice job.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:05 PM, Stepwise said:

Fun scene, cool techniques - I like the upside-down octagon canopy on the communication tower. 

Hits all the feel-good nostalgia buttons, too. Nice job.

Thanks! I remember always having to use my imagination for what the landscape setting would be for the MTron sets since they didn't come with baseplates, so figured it'd be fun to focus on the landscape here

I really like Mtron and blacktron2 guys, Trans-neon color bricks makes fantastic exoplanet surface.

Another awesome combination of classic space and modern parts.
Well presented and not overdone.

Perfect.

Displayed this build along with some others at FanExpo Denver this past weekend:

2022-fan-expo-motherlode.jpg

The pink blades of grass provide some really cool contrast with the trans-neon yellow pieces. As a fan of the Power Miners theme, I'm really glad to see a few pieces from the giant monster utilized to great effect.