According to Promobricks, the new Fairground Collection set will be 10303: Loop Coaster, a giant roller coaster with a double looping and track segment elevator consisting of 3 coaster wagons that run on yellow bright light orange track. Also included are a hot dog stand, a pretzel stand, a clown with bike-stand selling balloons, a bench for minifigures to rest on and an amusement park plan. The elevator is operated manually, but the set is "Ready for Powered Up" and can be fitted with a battery box (88015) + motor (88013), similar to 10261.

• Set number: 10303
  • Set name: Loop Coaster
  • Pieces: 3756
  • Release Date: July 1st 2022
  • Price: 359.99 Euro 399.99 € / $ (PPP 10.6 Cent)
  • Nr. of minifigures: 11 (7 visitors, 3 vendors, 1 coaster operator)
  • Size: W=85cm, H=92cm, D=34cm

lego-creator-expert-10303-looping-achterlego-10303-achterbahn-vorschau-01.jpg

Edited by R0Sch
official release

Oof, very exciting thank you, hope it’s dark azure pillars.  Much higher than 10261, almost the height of Vestas Turbine

The description makes this feel too large for the piece count and price. I expected a drop coaster as it allows you to get the cars high up with an efficient use of pieces and space. But if it's 92cm high and 85cm wide, that's possibly a similar footprint to 10261, with double the height, yet fewer pieces and lower price.

Although thinking about it, you probably can't get it much narrower than the original if you want 360 of turns and a loop. Curious how they'll achieve it in the parts and budget and what will be lost. Maybe a more modern design with a simpler frame?

Maybe less of a base and little ‘throwaway’ builds like cameras and trees might reduce piece count.  And if they use technic beams instead of the brick built pillars, then it might come in at the same sort of physical size, with the reduced part count.  Those pillars swallowed a large number of the 4000 odd parts in 10261.

I missed out on the 2018 Coaster, so I definitely want to get this one at some point. It’s funny how I’m not a huge rollercoaster person in real life, but I’ve always wanted a Lego one.

Hopefully this set turns out nice; it should go well with the 2015 Ferris Wheel and the previous Rollercoaster and make for a nice amusement park.

A clown with a bike-stand selling balloons? 

You mean a bike-stand as in an unicycle? 

Anyways, thanks for sharing info wih us, @R0Sch! I’m too excited to see it!!

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

A clown with a bike-stand selling balloons? 

You mean a bike-stand as in an unicycle?

No, I mean a clown with a tricycle shop selling balloons.

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

No, I mean a clown with a tricycle shop selling balloons.

Ohhhhh, I got what you mean now. 

3 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Isn't that from a LEGO Masters build?

Maybe. I didn’t watch it. I am just saying that they chose this footage maybe just to hint at what is coming soon?

Edited by Megbricks

Looks nice but clearly does not look 350€ to my opinion. 

Edit: definitely not worth 400€ (thanks inflation). 

Edited by astroboy75

44 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

Looks nice but clearly does not look 350€ to my opinion. 

Edit: definitely not worth 400€ (thanks inflation). 

You might say it's a bit steep. :shark:

I didn't plan to buy this set anyway, but the colors are pretty cool and much better than I expected after seeing the first sketch. The only negative point I see here is the wagons elevator... it completely ruins a fairground feeling imo.

For 400€ it's definitely overpriced if battery box and motor are not included.

Edited by R0Sch

30 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Remember it's motorized out of the box compared to the previous roller coaster set. So add 40-50€ for battery box and motor.

I'm not sure if I'm confused due to your phrasing, but neither this nor the previous coaster came with motors?

This image on the box indicates you need to add extras in order to get it motorised. Similar iconography appeared on the Haunted House for example.

Maybe this is what you were saying anyway. If so, my bad.

RcZaK3B.png

Edited by Yoggington

2 hours ago, Yoggington said:

Yeah, I just saw that now. The dumbest thing is that the depicted battery box is not available at lego.com and was sold out month ago on sale. Maybe a screwed lid version will appear soon. Anyhow, the good old PF will do just fine.

And looks like there is no possibility to make the coaster wagons go infinitely in a loop, because the track segment does not come down quick enough to catch them from below. In fact, you have to manually turn the direction switch on the battery box (held in your hand?).
LEGO-Fairground-Collection-10303-Loop-Co
Why not use the train smart hub with the app and an automated cycle like in the Haunted House instead? Very weird choice and a downgrade from the previous 2 coaster wagons running in parallel without aid.

Edited by R0Sch

What is the black thing on the back of the lift tower? Is it a separate drop tower ride or just a counterweight? 

23 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

What is the black thing on the back of the lift tower? Is it a separate drop tower ride or just a counterweight? 

The counterweight for the lift.

Look at all those beautiful blue bricks and plates, looks pretty good I think. I will be curious to see how smoothly it works though, some of those supports look spindly and fidgety.

Anyone know if those tracks are in standard/classic yellow, or one of the myriad new shades?

19 minutes ago, danth said:

Anyone know if those tracks are in standard/classic yellow, or one of the myriad new shades?

The tracks look like flame yellowish orange / bright light orange to me, compared to the minifig heads and the balloon cart yellow balloon.

But since the 2022 City crane had some debate about the renders and shade of yellow I'm not going to say 100%, that set eventually ended up as flame orange tho.

Edited by TeriXeri

I had been very tempted to buy the original roller coaster, but I ended up passing on it, thinking that we might see one with a loop some day. This one is great, but I am not sure if I am ready to pull the trigger. I think the old one is nicer to look at, but this one is more "extreme" and modern-looking. Probably the main eye-sore for me is the big tower. I guess the cars generate so much friction that they had to make the tower very tall. However, one could argue some rides at real-world amusement parks look like this.

Knowing me, the moment I see it in person, I will want it. :laugh:

On 6/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, R0Sch said:

And looks like there is no possibility to make the coaster wagons go infinitely in a loop, because the track segment does not come down quick enough to catch them from below.

I might be wrong but I think that's why the red "stopper" is there right before the lift—it seems to only get moved out of the way when the lift has arrived back at the bottom to receive the cars again.