Has anyone figured out how to integrate the 2x6x2 black weight bricks into 7810 (with 12v motor installed)- and this is the important part- without altering the original stickered assemblies and without removing the stickers? I ordered the set but don't have it yet, and am planning to put 7865 into it once it arrives.

If you replace the 6 x 8 black plate with some 1x 6 plates you can make a 4 x 6 hole for the 2 weight bricks to sit over the motor pin and poke up  The top slopes will sit on the weights. The stickers can stay as the outer bricks are untouched. I'll try to dig mine out later and attach a picture.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:15 AM, ThePhatController said:

If you replace the 6 x 8 black plate with some 1x 6 plates you can make a 4 x 6 hole for the 2 weight bricks to sit over the motor pin and poke up  The top slopes will sit on the weights. The stickers can stay as the outer bricks are untouched. I'll try to dig mine out later and attach a picture.

Ah, I think I see what you mean from looking at a copy of the instructions online. Thank you!

Update on this for anyone who is also looking for a solution

I got the set, thankfully it is complete and in nice condition. I did a bit of experimenting and it turns out you can't put the weights over the motor by replacing the plate as said earlier in this thread, because the control gauge stickered assembly means that you can't disassemble/replace the 2x8 black bricks. Dang, 7810 really does have a LOT of stickered assemblies for such a small set. However, I figured out that you can disassemble the top of the locomotive (keeping the stickered assemblies intact), then put the weights in the cabin/over the motor. You lose space in the cabin, but the minifigure can still be put on the back stud of the cabin over the black 1x6 plate. One problem that comes from this solution is the fact that the locomotive is then a little back-heavy, and acclerating fast or even just going too fast around curves will cause it to derail. I think there may be a better solution, but it would require replacing a few bricks- the advantage of putting the weights in the cabin is that you don't actually have to replace anything since the weights just fit in and then the loc is built back up. For more information, see about 4:43 in this video: 

Interesting... seems I'm missing a sticker on my 7810 then.

To keep the wheel colours consistent I put a red motor in mine.... Unfortunately a subsequent crash trashed one of my red motors so its back to push along for now :angry:)

On 6/9/2022 at 5:33 PM, ThePhatController said:

Interesting... seems I'm missing a sticker on my 7810 then.

To keep the wheel colours consistent I put a red motor in mine.... Unfortunately a subsequent crash trashed one of my red motors so its back to push along for now :angry:)

I suppose so- the control gauges sticker is the largest assembly in the set! And NOOOOO... Do you have plans to repair the red motor? In fact, I also have a red motor that is broken, I am going to repair that at some point and will definitely make a YT video and post information here when I do so.

I had the red motor too in the past, but I then reverted to the black one - which is more likely to be the natural "expansion" of the set, with the addition of the 7865 motor.

I fully agree that the red motor is better looking than the black one (but I needed it somewhere else) :laugh:.  I have the original sticker sheet, but I used repro stickers, so I put the weight bricks on the sides without too much thinking.

My other 7810 has been converted to 4,5v, keeping its original side bricks position. Both have additional 4,5v and 12v light bricks on central headlight.

002.jpg

I was thinking to revert one of these to the original push along version, preparing a fake battery box wagon with an old 12v motor in it. I'd like to find somewhere the repro stickers for it - but for the moment no luck.:sad:

Ciao!

Davide

On 6/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, Paperinik77pk said:

I was thinking to revert one of these to the original push along version, preparing a fake battery box wagon with an old 12v motor in it. I'd like to find somewhere the repro stickers for it - but for the moment no luck.:sad:

I just purchased a set of repro stickers from brickstickershop... 

https://www.brickstickershop.com/Webwinkel-Product-160688229/Replacement-sticker-Lego--7810-Push-Along-Steam-Engine

3 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

For the 7810 stickers I had no problems - the problem is to retrieve the battery wagon's ones :laugh:

Do you mean something made to look like this one (161)?

picture%2052.jpg

Or like the tender from 7750 with  white stickers?

Or even a 7722 style tender 

7722-1.png

Edited by ThePhatController

Mainly I refer to the "white doors" version of the blue  battery car of the 7720, which is more suitable to the 1st generation of 12v like 7710 and 7810,but also these ones are interesting! :pir-love:

Edited by Paperinik77pk

2 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Mainly I refer to the "white doors" version of the blue  battery car of the 7720, which is more suitable to the 1st generation of 12v like 7710 and 7810,but also these ones are interesting! :pir-love:

https://www.brickstickershop.com/Lego-Sticker-7720-Diesel-Freight-Train-Set-(1980)-Custom-Replacement

I am in no way affiliated with brickstickershop btw 🤣

That said though I do like the quality of the stickers I have got from them

7 hours ago, ThePhatController said:

https://www.brickstickershop.com/Lego-Sticker-7720-Diesel-Freight-Train-Set-(1980)-Custom-Replacement

I am in no way affiliated with brickstickershop btw 🤣

That said though I do like the quality of the stickers I have got from them

Brilliant! I am a new customer since...5 minutes! Thanks! :pir-huzzah2:

I was wondering about the position of weights in 7810 Model B - when equipped with a 12v motor. it could be curious to see a motorized one! I once built it with 4,5v motor and it was wonderfully ugly. I loved it! :wub:

Ciao and thanks again for the link!

Davide