Hello everyone!

Decided to enter the competition. Created a test chassis to match the scale. This will be a road roller. Of the functions I plan to implement: propulsion, steering and working steering wheel

Road roller

Today I continued to work on the model. Worked on the design. Determined the dimensions of the operator's cabin.

BAD4BD3B-BFB5-4370-88A5-EE02B4E6294E

Nice progress so far! I am not a fan of that much system bricks, but it surely looks good :-)

Does the friction-drive work well?

Considering some of your recent work, I am excited to see where this ends up. I like the roller so far, and I like the cab forward proportions. Looking forward to the final result. 

Good start.

But it really looks more like some model team build already.

IMHO it looks very nice so far, but white and then using to compress fresh asphalt? No way this will remain such beauty...where I live they are all orange or red; sometimes green (but not for long)

13 hours ago, Jundis said:

Nice progress so far! I am not a fan of that much system bricks, but it surely looks good :-)

Does the friction-drive work well?

Thanks! Friction-drive? Rear-wheel drive is implemented here. The front roller has no drive

13 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Considering some of your recent work, I am excited to see where this ends up. I like the roller so far, and I like the cab forward proportions. Looking forward to the final result. 

I'm also curious what will come out of it.

10 hours ago, Jurss said:

Good start.

But it really looks more like some model team build already.

Thank you! 

9 hours ago, 1gor said:

IMHO it looks very nice so far, but white and then using to compress fresh asphalt? No way this will remain such beauty...where I live they are all orange or red; sometimes green (but not for long)

yes, most often road rollers have yellow, orange, red colors. Less common are gray, blue, white. I stopped at this color because some of the necessary details are only available in white. but maybe i'll play with the color combination

little progress…

84EAC431-697E-4808-A9D9-8F72FEB19BB6

About model team it was not compliment.

From rules "Some studded parts and panels are okay, but model team is not permitted."

Front part is almost made of system parts, so it is not good for this contest. Rear also. It is not technic anymore. You could fill some gap, add some better line with some system brick.

Yes, I understand, that roller it self is made from system parts. I suppose, that would be ok.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just reading rules.

Can someone define what is System and Model Team?

Technic is easy to define.

58 minutes ago, doug72 said:

Can someone define what is System and Model Team?

Technic is easy to define.

Model team is a style of building which predominantly uses system bricks.

Your trucks which I admire very much would certainly be model team style.

I agree that if you go down this path, you will end up with the style of a model team. Of course, this will give the best appearance (I join in the compliments on your trucks - they are beautiful!), but may not comply with the rules of the competition. And at the last moment you may be faced with the need to redo the model.
It is better to wait for Jim's answer.
But it's a good idea and good use of the technic parts.

I continue to work on the model. Assembling the driver's cab, managed to make full glazing. 

Road roller

It looks impressive; where did you hide receiver? What model was your inspiration?

You are tempting me to make one of those, but I have used all my train Battery boxes in my MOCs...

3 minutes ago, 1gor said:

It looks impressive; where did you hide receiver? What model was your inspiration?

You are tempting me to make one of those, but I have used all my train Battery boxes in my MOCs...

Thanks. The receiver will be behind the cab. I haven't installed it yet. The model does not have a specific prototype. This is a collective image of road rollers.

I see several every day going to work but can not find out which models are due to extra stickers and dirt on them...:wacko:. I know only that they are orange

Looks awesome, but I think that using the system windows is too much in context of "no model team" rule.

Edited by SaperPL

43 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Looks awesome, but I think that using the system windows is too much in context of "no model team" rule.

Thank you! I don't really like to build models without glass. without glass, the model looks like a toy.

48 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I do not know where Technic style finishes but I am sure you are pretty close, very realistic cabin,

Thanks! 

13 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Thank you! I don't really like to build models without glass. without glass, the model looks like a toy.

13 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I do not know where Technic style finishes but I am sure you are pretty close, very realistic cabin,

Thanks! 

Built a small platform for the model. it remains to make a salon in the driver's cab

Road roller

The model is awesome, but I really think it is not a Technic model, at least it is not built in the Technic style, so I don't know if it will be allowed in the contest.