Sign in to follow this  
Danny_Boy4

[M4-22 - Brick Built Creature] – Like a Bantha

This is my entry for the May the 4th Contest

The best thing to build for this category was something like a bantha... yes?

Banthas are large hairy mammals with spiraling horns native to the desert planet Tatooine. Banthas are the primary transport of the Tusken Raiders and the source of the famous blue milk. The Tusken Raiders rode Banthas in sigle file to hide thier numbers. Sadly, I only had enough parts to build one bantha so I can't display the single file of banthas.The Bantha is the first creature to appear in Star Wars and it was quite a big part in The Book Of Boba Fett. And surprisingly we never got an offical LEGO-molded bantha piece. The only LEGO bantha we got was a microfighter in 2020. My bantha is 22 studs long, 7 studs wide, and 9 studs high, it has a removeable saddle and opening mouth but I could not make its legs poseable. I use different shades of brown, tan, and orange pieces for the fur. The yellow on its mouth looks a little weird but LEGO doesn't make that piece in dark tan and it was the closest color I had. I also made a purist Tusken Chieftain (the one on the left) and upgraded the gaffi sticks to make it look more accurate.This MOC was fun to make, I really like how the "beard" turned out. I used the horn pieces in brown and dark tan. I think the eyes look perfect for the bantha.

Bantha-Main.jpg

Bantha-Tuskens.jpg

Bantha-Teeth.jpg

Bantha-Top.jpg

Bantha-Front.jpg

Bantha-Mouth.jpg

Bantha-Right.jpg

Bantha-Left.jpg

Bantha-Back.jpg

No Saddle

Bantha-No-Saddle.jpg

Bantha-No-Saddle2.jpg

Dewback from 75052 for size comparison

Bantha-Dewback-Front.jpg

Bantha-Dewback.jpg

IMG_20220511_190907.jpg

Edited by Danny_Boy4

Fantastic work! My only critique would be the dark gray for the nose and eyes. It looks ok, but I think it would stand out less if they were earth toned.

21 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Fantastic work! My only critique would be the dark gray for the nose and eyes. It looks ok, but I think it would stand out less if they were earth toned.

If you look closely at the bantha in The Book of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian they do have gray around the eyes and a gray nosepablo-olivera-mando-bantha-variant-low.j