williamyzfr1

75341 UCS Luke's Landspeeder

I came here looking for a thread about this new set and experiences but unless I am wrong there isn't one.

There are lots of of MOC's, a few mods of existing sets,  a mention of 75341's existence but nothing current as far as I can see.

If I am wrong - Apologies

Anyone else bought this set recently?

Edited by williamyzfr1

I'm sure someone around here did. Frankly I skipped it - never really been a fan of "That" landspeeder.

As an UCS model its impressive - but it just doesn't call out to me.

48 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

I'm sure someone around here did. Frankly I skipped it - never really been a fan of "That" landspeeder.

As an UCS model its impressive - but it just doesn't call out to me.

Fair enough, I usually stick with the large scale Technic cars but have built  A_C's modified BB8 & R2-D2 from Rebrickable.

I just get the impression that this Forum is not about whats new but more about MOC's and MOD's which is fine but more pronounced than the Technic's Forum.

Edited by williamyzfr1

6 minutes ago, williamyzfr1 said:

Fair enough, I usually stick with the large scale Technic cars but have built  A_C's modified BB8 & R2-D2 from Rebrickable.

I just get the impression that this Forum is not about whats new but more about MOC's and MOD's which is fine but more pronounced than the Technic's Forum.

This forum is exactly what is on the tin.

Every model has its own circles and fans. Yes it leans towards MOC's and Mods - but even then we have at least 2 to 3 threads talking about models.

Your welcome to ask in the Star Wars Set Discussion Thread ->

Or talk about it here if you bought it or plan to buy it ->

They are universal "New Star Wars Sets"  and "Purchases" threads rather than a specific model thread, hence the reason I was asking.

Obviously, this is not welcome in the Star Wars Forum so I will return to the Technics Forum.

They at least have dedicated threads to most models, new and old, including MOD's (and MOC's).

BYE.

Edited by williamyzfr1

1 hour ago, williamyzfr1 said:

They are universal "New Star Wars Sets"  and "Purchases" threads rather than a specific model thread, hence the reason I was asking.

Obviously, this is not welcome in the Star Wars Forum so I will return to the Technics Forum.

They at least have dedicated threads to most models, new and old, including MOD's (and MOC's).

BYE.

They've had dedicated threads - the AT-AT one was a hot one for a while due to debates on construction methods.

Just be patient - someone will show up soon enough.

5 hours ago, williamyzfr1 said:

BYE.

this forum is nothing like the technic forum, unfortunately. I would say that about every other forum as well though, except perhaps the trains one.  

On 5/11/2022 at 5:06 PM, williamyzfr1 said:

I came here looking for a thread about this new set and experiences but unless I am wrong there isn't one.

There are lots of of MOC's, a few mods of existing sets,  a mention of 75341's existence but nothing current as far as I can see.

If I am wrong - Apologies

Anyone else bought this set recently?

I just finished this set and have to say it’s one of the most enjoyable lsw builds in a long time. It really reminded me of a creator expert set. Nice and relaxing, lots of layering plates, some advanced build techniques and very little technic anywhere.

its a nice solid build and looks stunning on display. 

I know it was a meme and people are on the fence about this set, but I think it’s actually a really refreshing change to the usual build type

the only issue I have had with the build is the 5 pipes on each side. It seems the space is slightly narrow for 5 and it’s impossible to get them to all lay nicely flat next to each other without one or two being pushed further out than the others

Edited by LDigital