Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR-FB] A new regiment arrives

A new Corrie regiment arrives in Port Woodhouse. They are dressed with the latest uniform styles from Halos, but who knows how long this will last in the new world? Here the more old fashioned tricorne is more popular than the stylish shako due to the protection it provides from the sun.

52054165565_68ec06053f_c.jpg

Not much story with this one - mainly I wanted to feature the new torsos from United Bricks. I don't think we need to raise anymore troops this turn, but if we do I guess I could use as a troop raising build! Here are some of the other torsos I got for future builds - let me know any suggestions for how you think we can use them in the game.

52054847351_abe1c62d24.jpg

Left-Right; Austrian (maybe Carno?), British (Corrie duh!), Russian (GAS?), Swede (??? Some type of Oleander?), Spanish (Varcoast?)

52055331700_b548787f28.jpg

Hessians (Altonia?)

Lovely build, I like the troops! Don't know anything about the Npc's yet so don't know where to use the other uniforms, but it would certainly be cool to see them in BoBS

Those torsos are gorgeous!  I especially love the dark green ones and not just because green is Eslandola's color. :pir-laugh:  Lovely building too.  I really like your technique of doing a little bit of light grey at the bottom and then starting the white, going to have to try that sometime.

I always admire how you build a beautiful building on a small area. I like the pedestrian passage at the house. I like the Hessians soldiers best. I also think it goes very well with Eslandola. It is also the faction with real players where it is most difficult to find nice and suitable minifigures.

Fine house, great design, as always.

As for the troops: the greenish guy would be some Eslandolean regiment. 

The two guys on the right look Oleonish to me.

The Corry is easy - and the guy on the left will have to wait until we start a different game :pir-grin:

Lovely build to showcase the new figures. The style is very recognizable.

The figures themselves look good and the prints are very detailed. IMO, opinion they're a bit too detailed compared to traditional LEGO print designs which have a cartoonish air about them. Then again, these customs are designed for a different target audience. But I kind of like the cartoonish "simple" designs of LEGO torsos :laugh:. It's a great exercise in a consistent graphical style.

Love your Port Woodhouse style, always. As for the uniforms, as a classic-lover, I will always have a reflex back to those beautiful red and blue colours... 

Nice build! Like I mentioned on IG, I love how the arches grow from left to right.

Who is the figure in the window on the left?

I like that the United Bricks torsos are printed (much better than stickers!) and come in fun colors, but I'm not sold on how complicated the patterns are. I think I'm the biggest fan of BrickGuild, followed by KTown Bricks.

Another great build for Port Woodhouse! I really love the overall proportions of the build, I do like your taller builds but I find the square builds more aesthetically appealing!

I live just over an hour from the United Bricks shop and yet I do not own any of their figures! :pir-grin:

23 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

I live just over an hour from the United Bricks shop and yet I do not own any of their figures!

I was very tempted to drive up when I was in the UK a couple of months ago. I was staying in Lincoln for a couple of days. I made it up to Bamburgh but it was just too long to keep going up and across to Castle Douglas in one day... even for an Australian who is used to driving long distances to actually get anywhere!!!