IMG_20220626_085641.jpg

https://bricksafe.com/pages/2ndgenguy

Getting there, any thoughts, good or bad. (not crazy about how low the actuator is). Still needing to run the axle up front for that, possible on both sides.  

Bit more progress, finally time to smooth out the details). Still rough, waiting for parts. 

New here, and hoping I understood correctly to post new projects here. (Images on Bricksafe).

About 3/4 done a 66 by 25 stud tandem flat deck for the "newish" Defender (also modded, black on green colour scheme, with eBay decal sheet, lifted, solid hitch, bumper tow bar attachment points, and a few others).

Has 4 wheel independent suspension, with about (2.5 to 3  studs changed),  of travel at each wheel with springs, a fold down ramp using one short linier ram, and a fold up dolly wheel at the front. 

Still lots of little things to finish, any advice on scaling, or tricks of any kind are very much welcome.

Edit: now 4 to 5 studs of travel. 

Trying to use as many olive green panels, and black beams I can, but still waiting on a few more parts, so it's a bit of a VW Harley Quinn.

I'm hoping my image works, but haven't much lunch getting the format small enough to post. If this isn't the right place to do this, please let me know, but I'm sure I don't need to ask that. 

Happy to be here and thoughts and feed back would he fantastic. 

(Still trying for an image, think this should work)IMG_20220626_084656.jpg

Edited by 2ndgen
Changes to design, added link to pictures, more details added

You should upload images on Flickr, bricksafe, etc and post like here. Please note that images should be max 1024 ... Then we can make more objective comments...

Looking forward to seeing it, as I am  about to disassemble that set, hopefully you get the picture thing worked out.

5 hours ago, 1gor said:

You should upload images on Flickr, bricksafe, etc and post like here. Please note that images should be max 1024 ... Then we can make more objective comments...

Okay I will have to make an account with a flicker. 

Rebrickable I think you need to post instructions with it. 

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looking forward to seeing it, as I am  about to disassemble that set, hopefully you get the picture thing worked out.

I'm going to get a flicker I guess, just did a few more things to it, and managed to get 4 to 5 studs flex out of each wheel. 

5 hours ago, 1gor said:

Okay I think I did it right. 

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I think I got a link in there. 

You can just copy link to proper resolution picture un bricksafe, un just paste link here, it will embed automatically

640x480.jpg

58 minutes ago, Jurss said:

You can just copy link to proper resolution picture un bricksafe, un just paste link here, it will embed automatically

640x480.jpg

I will try what that. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

You can just copy link to proper resolution picture un bricksafe, un just paste link here, it will embed automatically.

Hey it. Worked. Thanks again. 

800x378.jpg

That's quite some articulation and the jockey wheel is a nice touch. I assume the Linear Actuator is for the ramp and should connect to something 

With the bikes on the back it looks like a giant technic version of 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

Edited by ukbajadave

3 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

That's quite some articulation and the jockey wheel is a nice touch. I assume the Linear Actuator is for the ramp and should connect to something 

With the bikes on the back it looks like a giant technic version of 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

Thanks. 

I have not seen that set, and will look it up asap lol. 

And yes, I just didn't like the weight, and look of the rear ramp, so doing some changes to clean things up a bit, the articulation was sort of an accident that worked. It's solid holds a good amount of weight, and doesn't seem to twist the frame to much. 

Just hope nothing is deemed an illegal connection buy the wizards (for lack of better term), but I think I'm okay, and if it's worth looking at, so might get lucky either way. 

Edited by 2ndgen
Fix wording.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:08 PM, 1gor said:

Finally got some pictures up link should be there. I'm in the middle of moving so I'll get the underside shots a little later added. 

On 5/7/2022 at 1:21 AM, ukbajadave said:

800x378.jpg

I think I may try to colour match the bikes to that set. I love this. 

Thanks for the idea. If it ever amounts to anything I'll be sure to add you to it lol. (most likely won't)